Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

後継者 Successor
    Sorry, got too busy. Didn't get a chance to make more videos.

But the beta is ready for public play!

Try it out here:

http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse

Ask in the chat if you have any questions. Yugioh is a very easy game to explain.

To play, sign up and then click the play a match button.
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; June 26th, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As far as I can tell, run the maximum number of Rho Aias.

Otherwise you fail.

Best card ever (unless they nerf it).

後継者 Successor
    Rho Aias is too much of a no brainer.

What do you think about adding a requirement for some kind of Emiya to be on the board?

Emiya Shirou turns into Counter Guardian EMIYA with Will of Steel?

For Shiki

You can get Nanaya Shiki (young) as a crap card and Len turns him into Nanaya Shiki, while Mysterious Accident AND Aoko Aozaki turn him into Tohno Shiki and then sacrifice Arcueid to get Satsujinki or something.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
    Rho Aias is too much of a no brainer.

What do you think about adding a requirement for some kind of Emiya to be on the board?
    The concept is good.

Just don't say immediately end the turn.

Make it something like "end battle phase", or something.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushi View Post
    Emiya Shirou turns into Counter Guardian EMIYA with Will of Steel?

For Shiki

You can get Nanaya Shiki (young) as a crap card and Len turns him into Nanaya Shiki, while Mysterious Accident AND Aoko Aozaki turn him into Tohno Shiki and then sacrifice Arcueid to get Satsujinki or something.
    There are 2 routes for Emiya Shirou to take. He can turn into the Counter Guardian variant, or the "His - Heart Clear" variant.

http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/113/Archer - His Heart Clear

They are both unreleased, due to being worked on.

There are only 248 cards released currently, but earlier in the thread we talked about more than 400 cards. Well some of the cards are just not ready for primetime yet and that's the case with some of the more evolved forms of Shirou.

I like your idea for Shiki in general. What do you think about the current configuration of Shiki?

Satehi already said that Nanaya Shiki is currently too strong, so adding some kind of requirement for him might be a good idea.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    The concept is good.

Just don't say immediately end the turn.

Make it something like "end battle phase", or something.
    Good idea.

My only concern is that it's a lot like:
    http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/541/Struck

But I think we'll do as you say anyway, since it's not that much alike.

Please more comments on balancing!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hohoho, trust me, even if you nerf Rho Aias, it is still much more potent than Struck. They are very different.

Rho Aias:
    Protect your life points COMPLETELY for a turn
    Deny ALL attacks
    Cut your opponent's turn short

Struck:
    Limited life point protection
    Does not deny all attacks
    Freeze for an extra turn (only positive)

Struck is only slightly better than Rho Aias in the first couple of turns of the game. Any time later than that, Rho Aias is significantly superior to Struck to the point of really no contest.

If you make Struck also negate any effect of the card it is targeting, then there is actually an incentive to use Struck. Otherwise, if players are trying to make the deck lean and mean, they will use Rho Aias 9 times out of 10.

At first, I thought Rho Auis looked like 'Negate Attack' from Yu-gi-Oh.

And then, upon closer inspection, I realized it was closer to 'Time Stop' from M.T.G.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ya, and you know how retardedly powerful Time Stop would be if it costs NO MANA right?

Good news, we have no mana in this game.

That's why I said, run max number of copies if they don't nerf it.

EDIT:
    For those of you who don't know, Time Stop costs 6 mana in MTG. Six mana is a very punishing amount of mana to pay, and is usually associated with cards of game-ending effects.

Time Stop is supposed to be a more balanced Time Walk.
    Although I think Rho Auis seriously had the potential to be even more broken than Time Walk.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

後継者 Successor
    Hohoho, trust me, even if you nerf Rho Aias, it is still much more potent than Struck. They are very different.

Rho Aias:
    Protect your life points COMPLETELY for a turn
    Deny ALL attacks
    Cut your opponent's turn short

Struck:
    Limited life point protection
    Does not deny all attacks
    Freeze for an extra turn (only positive)

Struck is only slightly better than Rho Aias in the first couple of turns of the game. Any time later than that, Rho Aias is significantly superior to Struck to the point of really no contest.

If you make Struck also negate any effect of the card it is targeting, then there is actually an incentive to use Struck. Otherwise, if players are trying to make the deck lean and mean, they will use Rho Aias 9 times out of 10.
    Oh I know it's much better than Struck.

Just that btw, you don't have access to all the cards on game start, you need to get cards by winning and having them drop. Rho is much much rarer than Struck. Since you can select cards to be more likely to be dropped (feature to be activated next week), it's going to have a large opportunity cost to try to get that card. In my mind that's a possible way to balance.

But it does sound like from the comments that card is still too strong regardless haha.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure about all these terms like deadpool or force invoke or whatever.

Is it just fancy terms for things like graveyard and summon?

Honk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You might want to consider modifying some game rules and stuff so it does not resemble Yu Gi Oh so strongly.

If ever this game gets popular and lands on the radar of Konami or something, you might be in for a world of hurt.

What's the difference between the 'afterlife' and the 'deadpool'?
    Just guessing, but they are probably "grave yard" and "removed from game", or something like that.

後継者 Successor
    OK Rho Aias nerfed:

This card can only be activated if your opponent declares an attack. Stop all of your opponent's attacks for this turn.
    Yeah I'm working on a FAQ.

Invoke = summon
    deadpool = remove from game
    afterlife = graveyard
    force invoke = special summon

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You mean I can't pwn you with my Alpha Black Lotus?

How dare you?

You mean I can't pwn you with my Alpha Black Lotus?

How dare you?
    You can try, but since Yugioh doesn't use mana, your Black Lotus
    is
    USELESS

Honk

Blog Entries
    Minor problem that is probably related to my Firefox, but decided to say it anyway: It's really terrible to register. I had to ask a friend to do it on their PC, since I couldn't get to the "Verify Password" space.

And I randomly got into a match as soon as I registered, then aborted it. O_o
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

後継者 Successor
    Well, signed up and played my first game after one abortive attempt. Looks pretty good and I won, which is always a good thing (for me, at least; my opponents might feel differently). It's clearly still in development stages but shows a lot of promise. A few other comments:

It's not always clear to me whether cards that increase att/def do so temporarily or permanently. I haven't really noticed this on the cards you start out with, just when I was skimming through the total list of cards.

What's the difference between the 'afterlife' and the 'deadpool'?

During the game, the card the mouse has been most recently over is displayed to the left. However, the card picture and stats take up almost all the space available so that the card effect -- which is what I'll be most interested in until I'm more familiar with the cards -- is not initially in view. It can be scrolled into view, but to do so requires moving the mouse over to the scroll bar, and if it passes over a different card on the way then which card has its details being displayed changes. Hope that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game develops further.
    Thanks!

Cards that affect ATK/DEF always do so temporarily unless otherwise specified. This means the ATK bonus or debuff goes away once the card leaves the board. Permanent changes should always say so in the description.

What is your resolution?

I'm going to try setting my screen to yours and testing that way.

You might want to consider modifying some game rules and stuff so it does not resemble Yu Gi Oh so strongly.

If ever this game gets popular and lands on the radar of Konami or something, you might be in for a world of hurt.
    Well I clearly tried my best to dance around any trademark issues by renaming pretty much everything. I don't think the rules of Yugioh are trademarked, though I'm open to altering the rules of Nasuverse. I want to do fun and interesting things with it, not for legal reasons, but for fun and interest reasons. Anyway any ideas? :P

While making better cards rarer is probably a good thing, this causes a separate issue in that those who have been playing long enough to collect all the rarer and stronger cards will have an overwhelming advantage. I'd suggest also further limiting the number of times the really good cards can be used in a deck.
    Right, that's implemented as well.

Everyone should follow us on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/#!/DulstGame
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; June 26th, 2011 at 11:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's 1366 X 768. I guess I'll try using Chrome?

EDIT: Using Chrome completely fixed the problem. Sad that I won't get to use Firefox, but bleh, using Chrome isn't a problem at all.
    Last edited by Ruca_Milda; June 26th, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos