Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Method to Make the Gentle World (Yasashii Sekai No Tsukurikata)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

A Method to Make the Gentle World (Yasashii Sekai No Tsukurikata)

Didn't see a thread for this, heard that it's decently popular, so here goes.

A short summary, but it's basically about a young physics-prodigy who has his research funding cut. He returns to Japan and comes to work at an all-girls school to regain his footing. While he had no plans to stay in the long-term, he notices a certain student who's hiding her talents...

Basically, when I originally read this premise, I thought it was going to be another haremshit comedy, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't. Oh sure, there's some comedy (and thankfully not the usual harem hijinks), but this one is more about personal drama and relationships and stuff. Try it.

Batoto link here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What a shame.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

A short summary, but it's basically about a young physics-prodigy who has his research funding cut. He returns to Japan and comes to work at an all-girls school to regain his footing. While he had no plans to stay in the long-term, he notices a certain student who's hiding her talents...

Basically, when I originally read this premise, I thought it was going to be another haremshit comedy, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't. Oh sure, there's some comedy (and thankfully not the usual harem hijinks), but this one is more about personal drama and relationships and stuff. Try it.

Batoto link here.
    Seems like a bit of a contradiction.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How so?

Blog Entries
    If I were middle-aged and financially secure, I would go to jail so hard for Touko.
    Last edited by Techlet; August 31st, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Haremshit comedy is usually about "relationship drama".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    The drama rises from the girls' relationships to each other, their friends and family. The protag is more or less the witness or the lens through which we see them.

Blog Entries
    Right so do they bang?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Sure, but haremshit is also more about the harem hijinks, which this generally lacks. And there, the focus would be on the comedic part of it, where here it focuses more on the drama, especially as it goes on.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Right so do they bang?
    Spoiler:
    he bangs an older teacher when they got drunk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Did they really make Inaho from Aldnoah a harem MC?

sugoi
    ugh

But nah, this guy has emotions.

Blog Entries
    older
    dropped

But Yurine is great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    dropped
    Spoiler:
    There was consent issues though, so he's still technically pure.

It's just too bad the series takes so many breaks.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where's muh 'GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER'.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Doesn't seem like my cup of tea.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Why?
    Ah it appears you do not read the series Daiki. *explaining joke time*
    Pai's avatar that he has been using for the last few days is a character (named Touko) from this manga (iirc he has had avatars of her in the past as well? can not say for sure as pai as too many avatars)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The joke is that Pai was the one who showed it to Cru who showed it to me.