Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2710111213 LastLast

Thread: Ross' Fanart Dump Thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He lives! It's good to see you're still around and drawing, Ross. Lovely art as usual!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    He lives! It's good to see you're still around and drawing, Ross. Lovely art as usual!

Thanks!

Pokemon Sun/Moon comes out tomorrow! So here's a quick speed-paint of honestly the best starter, am I right?

Also, I made a time lapse of the Saber fanart I did earlier so you can see me not know exactly what I'm doing in super fast motion. I did some touch ups so here's the final version:

Blog Entries
    That's some amazing progress, Ross, I'm super impressed! Have to suppress rising need to commission...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Always good to see more of your art! The lighting in this one is particularly great.

A practice in line art and a practice without line art!

I'm Open for Commissions!!

I lean generally towards fantasy and fanart, but I’m really interested on creating wonderful interpretations of original characters. Especially tabletop characters!

- All pricing is USD and done through Paypal. The prices are base rates and my vary based on complexity, such as how much of the character is visible and the presence of a background. For example, a simple bust with flat colors would be more affordable than a full body, fully rendered painting with a background. Email or message me to inquire about what you want and I can offer a more accurate price.

Sketch : $10
    A simple and (probably messy) sketch. If you’re just sort of curious and want a quick commission that could potentially be worked on with more refined lineart and colors, this is the best way to go.

Lineart: $20
    A fully cleaned and polished high resolution line art piece. I’ll send you a quick concept sketch before doing the lineart process. I generally a place a place a monochromatic shade or color underneath the lineart. Can include some minor shading.

Flat Colors: $25
    Lineart done with a quick flat color pass. The amount of colors in the character’s palette will affect the price.

Full Color: $30
    This is the Flat Color pass with full polish over it, making note of material shading, rim lighting, etc.

Digital Painting: $40
    This is a full rendered digital painting that is done with no lineart and leans heavily towards being fully rendered.

Social Media Links:
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/rosscastro
    https://twitter.com/RossCastro
    [email protected]

Please feel free to email me or message me through any means, I’m interested in fulfilling any commissions you may have!

Blog Entries
    Of course you strike right when I have no $$$

;_;

Can't help but come back and post in this thread again every so often! I guess as a showcase of progression? Collection of random art pieces, nothing Type-Moon related but oh well!

Blog Entries
    Ross, you're baaaack! And I'm still here commenting! It's good to see your work, your fun art-style is as nice and unique as ever.

Got into a Melty Blood mood and remembered that I post here every so often, so update time!

Blog Entries
    Good as always to see more of your art, Ross! I really really like your Riesbyfe, she looks great and tough.

I did some Melty Blood/Tsukihime sketches so that gives me an excuse to POST IN THIS OLD THREAD.

Came back here to post something because I was doing a portrait study and it turned into Type-Moon Fanart, as it that usually tends to happen. So enjoy a Riesbyfe!

I'm going to be similar portrait studies and rendering practice so if you have a request for a Type-Moon character I'm open to giving it a go!
    Last edited by RossC90; February 11th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RossC90 View Post
    Thanks!

The owl is wonderful!

It's nice to see so many talented painters here!

Thanks! I love coming back to this thread mainly because it's a bit of an archive of my art progress from all the way back to 2014. Hopefully everyone else can see how rough I was back then lol. I heard some advice about finding artistic motivation in redoing old artwork of yours, so I found an old RPG Maker portrait I posted earlier in the thread and decided to give it another go with the techniques I've learned since then:

End of 2022 Update

I'm not quite sure, but I love coming back to this thread after a long amount of time to update it? Feels kinda fun to document the progress over the years, especially compared to some of my artwork from the first page of this thread? Yikes. Lol.

I finally got a tablet that has a display on it and it's sparked my artistic endeavors again! I'm trying to consistently sketch characters every day so if you have any character requests, Type Moon or otherwise, I'd love to get a few requests!

---