Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435384383 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 2 + 3 (no spoilers)

Blog Entries
    If I my grudge against MMOs of all kind would express as Noble Phantasm it would be ranked A++.

Might be EX soon.
    Hopefully not.

Blog Entries
    It used to be EX, but even if The Elder Scrolls Online is still an awful representation of TES series they managed to fix some of worst lore rapes, so it got reduced.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    If I my grudge against MMOs of all kind would express as Noble Phantasm it would be ranked A++.
    Why not just give in and get a subscription yourself? I'm sure all the translations you're waiting for will be long done by the time you're through piecing the shambles of your life back together in a year or two.

Blog Entries
    ^I'm acquiring Charlemagne DLC for Crusaders Kings 2 to kill time. One time expense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Why not just give in and get a subscription yourself? I'm sure all the translations you're waiting for will be long done by the time you're through piecing the shambles of your life back together in a year or two.
    Stop. Just stop. Every time I see you post this I recall the fun times of demo and think that I still can save my Archer... ;.;

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Well since we aren't seeing any of volume 3 before a while, what about some "amuse-gueule"?

Aside from Canonrap, wasn't EDreamer planning on translanting all the side material stuff? I thought that, because of the unusual length of his winter holidays, he had the time to.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    Well since we aren't seeing any of volume 3 before a while, what about some "amuse-gueule"?

Aside from Canonrap, wasn't EDreamer planning on translanting all the side material stuff? I thought that, because of the unusual length of his winter holidays, he had the time to.
    To answer that, the translation of Apocrypha Material is already finished. Now I'm just doing some last editing and inputting it into the PDF. It should be ready within a few days, if all goes as planned.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Blog Entries
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    To answer that, the translation of Apocrypha Material is already finished. Now I'm just doing some last editing and inputting it into the PDF. It should be ready within a few days, if all goes as planned.
    OMG!
    Fap fap fap fap
    Apocrypha material, oh yes!

thank you for everything EDreamer ;A; you rock!

Banned
    I would love it if you would just highjack volume 3 from Canonrap's hands, EDreamer, to be quite honest. I really like the quality of his translations, they are very good, but with you, we get new stuff every two weeks and the guy seems to have fallen off the face of the planet (or gotten into Final Fantasy from what i read...same difference)

It is one thing when no one translates a work, it is another one when the translators just vanish for some reason and leave us, the anxious fans, waiting without any deadline or warning for when they might come back
    Last edited by Embrace tophats; January 15th, 2015 at 06:00 PM.

I would love it if you would just highjack volume 3 from Canonrap's hands, EDreamer, to be quite honest. I really like the quality of his translations, they are very good, but with you, we get new stuff every two weeks and the guy seems to have fallen off the face of the planet (or gotten into Final Fantasy from what i read...same difference)

It is one thing when no one translates a work, it is another one when the translators just vanish for some reason and leave us, the anxious fans, waiting without any deadline or warning for when they might come back
    It's not like EDreamer will stop dealing with Apocrypha as long as CanonRap hasn't finished V.3. He said he'd do materials, then V.4. So he'll be providing content regardless, even though he's not publishing it.
    Of course, if by the time he finishes V.4 CanonRap has still given no updates, I'd totally agree with you. But if Canon happens to give some updates for v.3 in the meantime, I say we'd benefit from having two active translators instead of one. Even if it means less updates soon, it still means we'll have the story fully translated sooner.

So basically, as long as this
    After some discussion, it's been decided that Eternal Dreamer (EDreamer here) from NanoDesu Translations and I will be working together on the following volumes of F/A.
    remains true, I'd say we only have to gain.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 15th, 2015 at 06:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Yeah, make him have a deadline for free things.

Even though it is free, he is still willingly taking a responsability by doing it and giving other people expectations. If i work at an homeless shelter for free, is it fine to just drop out of it without saying anything about it, or just miss a few weeks in a row without warning beforehand? No, of course not, because other people, which i am helping for free, are relying on me and start doing so as soon as i start the project.

I am not talking about a proper. business-like headline, just something along the lines of "okay, given all the stuff i have to to besides this, i think i may be able to start translating on month X". If at all possible, i would also like him to give an estimate on how often he would be able to post further updates

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    It's not like EDreamer will stop dealing with Apocrypha as long as CanonRap hasn't finished V.3. He said he'd do materials, then V.4. So he'll be providing content regardless, even though he's not publishing it.
    Of course, if by the time he finishes V.4 CanonRap has still given no updates, I'd totally agree with you. But if Canon happens to give some updates for v.3 in the meantime, I say we'd benefit from having two active translators instead of one. Even if it means less updates soon, it still means we'll have the story fully translated sooner.

So basically, as long as this

remains true, I'd say we only have to gain.

Agree with you one hundred percent, but what can i say? i am feeling pessimistic. He published the prologue (no idea when exactly he did it or how far in EDreamer was on volume 2 at the time, so maybe that lack of knowledge is the reason for my reaction) and he said he was going to keep working on volume 3, but has not published anything else since then (also doesn't help he didn't post a single update for around half a year once)
    Last edited by Embrace tophats; January 15th, 2015 at 08:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No one was complaining this hard during vol 1 translation. We've just been spoiled by ED.

Blog Entries
    This notion that people somehow have a duty when they start freely translating stuff is kind of ridiculous. It's not like Canonrap signed a sacred pact with everyone else who reads Japanese that only he would translate Apocrypha Vol 3.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, volunteering to help people get necessary nourishment and shelter is comparable in responsibility to getting a bunch of nerds a free translation of a product they don't even support.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >beggar cant be choosers
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    Even though it is free, he is still willingly taking a responsability by doing it and giving other people expectations.
    Betraying anons' expectations, yeah. What a crime.

Agree with you one hundred percent, but what can i say? i am feeling pessimistic. He published the prologue (no idea when exactly he did it or how far in EDreamer was on volume 2 at the time, so maybe that lack of knowledge is the reason for my reaction) and he said he was going to keep working on volume 3, but has not published anything else since then (also doesn't help he didn't post a single update for around half a year once)
    CanonRap wanted to post the chapters as he translated but we told him not to until Volume 2 would be completely translated by ED.
    So you'll have to wait, big deal I know, until he checks and sees that it's done. Until then you suck it up patiently or just buy the material and translate it yourself.

You're not entitled to anything.