Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Saint Seiya General Discussion - New project: Soul of Gold

Saint Seiya General Discussion - New project: Soul of Gold

With the announcement of Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold I figured it was time for Beast's Lair to have a proper topic for all things Saint Seiya, without further ado:

Fact: Soul of Gold is a new anime project focusing on the Gold Saints announced by Bandai at Tamashii Nations' 2014 event.
    What I've read elsewhere: It's about the classic Gold Saints and happens after the Hades Saga!

As for etiquette in the topic... Let's keep Legend of Sanctuary in spoiler tags since the BD's aren't out yet along with the latest 10 or so Saintia Sho and Episode G: Assassin chapters, everything else is fair game for discussion and you decide whether to spoiler tag it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait, so we are finally getting a sequel to that post-Hades OVA then? Because I want that

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Looks like it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bandai mentioned Omega happening after the Heaven Chapter Overture, but I'd rather have me some classic Gold Saints because nostalgia. Still, if I were you I wouldn't build up any expectations, just so as not to be let down.

Blog Entries
    Did Kurumada finally decide (to allow) to bring in the Olympians?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    On one hand, more Gold Saints is always good.

On the other hand, what about Next Dimension?... yeah, what about it?

(not to mention that they are, like, dead or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    As for etiquette in the topic... Let's keep Legend of Sanctuary in spoiler tags since the BD's aren't out yet along with the latest 10 or so Saintia Sho and Episode G: Assassin chapters, everything else is fair game for discussion and you decide whether to spoiler tag it or not.
    What and what?

*checks Legend of Sanctuary and Assassin*

Oh ahahah oh wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bandai mentioned Omega happening after the Heaven Chapter Overture, but I'd rather have me some classic Gold Saints because nostalgia. Still, if I were you I wouldn't build up any expectations, just so as not to be let down.
    Omega exists now? *sarcasm mode*

But I wouldn't be worried, with the Gold Saints you can't do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    You think Kurumada is behind this? Think again. Kuru follows after Next Dimension, and barely at that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also yeah is Omega good? I mean I know it's not Lost Canvas but...

Also did Lost Canvas got fully animated? Really fell off the Saint Seiya bandwagon.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Also yeah is Omega good?
    Not really.

Also did Lost Canvas got fully animated?
    Nope. They animated up to

spoiler?
    Hypnos being sealed iirc

You can pretty much forget watching a season 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Saint Seiya GX.

Also did Lost Canvas got fully animated? Really fell off the Saint Seiya bandwagon.
    Sadly, no.

And Anecdotes' translation is also jammed. Dammit.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; October 30th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    You think Kurumada is behind this? Think again. Kuru follows after Next Dimension, and barely at that.
    I dunno, I only remember him disliking the Overture movie. And I really wanna see Zeus.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I dunno, I only remember him disliking the Overture movie. And I really wanna see Zeus.
    Apparently yes.

What I tried to say is that Kurumada hasn't been working focused on a Saint Seiya-related project for years (yeah, perhaps since the Overture movie), except for Next Dimension... when he feels like it. He just gives his seal-stamp to others and they make everything (and cashes in the good moneyz).

I don't think so, Kuru's idea after the Hades Saga was to have the characters work their way to a fight with the Olympians and then the Titans I think, and that's what Next Dimension should be about, though he's working on it slowly.

On the other hand, what about Next Dimension?... yeah, what about it?

(not to mention that they are, like, dead or something?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *checks Legend of Sanctuary and Assassin*

Oh ahahah oh wow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Omega exists now? *sarcasm mode*

But I wouldn't be worried, with the Gold Saints you can't do wrong.
    Pffft, like being dead stopped them from encouraging the bronze saints at many points in the classic manga. I'm sure they can work out something, supposedly they were going to be freed from the statue thing they were in Overture's sequel and appear at a later time, before Kuru expressed his dislike towards the movie not following his plan stopping movie trilogy.

Also, that laugh is pretty appropriate. Where did the quality control gooooooooooo. Saintia Sho justifies it's existence by being pretty to look at but EG? And Legend of Sanctuary... yeah, that was alright but nothing great.

Also they didn't do good with Omega so I think it's not wrong to worry about this new project as well. Not that I will, lo que sera sera, the classic manga and anime can't get ruined for me because of bad spin-offs.

Omega wasn't good. It has a few good moments, some bad moments, and it ended up just okay (or bad as per many fans). And the Lost Canvas anime only got as far as half the series then stopped...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Pffft, like being dead stopped them from encouraging the bronze saints at many points in the classic manga. I'm sure they can work out something, supposedly they were going to be freed from the statue thing they were in Overture's sequel and appear at a later time, before Kuru expressed his dislike towards the movie not following his plan stopping movie trilogy.
    Point.

Also, that laugh is pretty appropriate. Where did the quality control gooooooooooo. Saintia Sho justifies it's existence by being pretty to look at but EG? And Legend of Sanctuary... yeah, that was alright but nothing great.

Also they didn't do good with Omega so I think it's not wrong to worry about this new project as well. Not that I will, lo que sera sera, the classic manga and anime can't get ruined for me because of bad spin-offs.
    I dunno, I'm quite happy for Saintie Sho... aside from the pretty ladies. I mean, not that I could get to read two or three raw scans of it, but I think it's about time female saints got a chance to say something in the Seiyaverse. Even Marin and Shaina are barely secondary characters. Gender equality in the Sanctuary!

Episode G is Episode G. It's... just that. You like it or not (mostly not, but hey, it managed to run long enough, so someone liked it). It wouldn't even be that bad, if not for that drawing style, which honestly is just impossible.

I don't even want to think about the CG movie but... maybe... it will look good?

Omega please go and stay go. But I dunno, that's because they decided to went a different route since the start. Since it doesn't seem Sould of Gold will be the same, or rather it will be closer to the old style, I have (some) hopes for it.

I dunno, I'm quite happy for Saintie Sho... aside from the pretty ladies. I mean, not that I could get to read two or three raw scans of it, but I think it's about time female saints got a chance to say something in the Seiyaverse. Even Marin and Shaina are barely secondary characters. Gender equality in the Sanctuary!

Episode G is Episode G. It's... just that. You like it or not (mostly not, but hey, it managed to run long enough, so someone liked it). It wouldn't even be that bad, if not for that drawing style, which honestly is just impossible.

I don't even want to think about the CG movie but... maybe... it will look good?

Omega please go and stay go. But I dunno, that's because they decided to went a different route since the start. Since it doesn't seem Sould of Gold will be the same, or rather it will be closer to the old style, I have (some) hopes for it.
    I wasn't even talking about the ladies in Saintia Sho, they're pretty too, but I was talking about the guys, dat shoujo-esque Seiya... And the story is very true to the classic series, so I hope it does well. The whole gender equality aspect is nice too.

Episode G was, in a certain measure, a good Gold Saint fanservice story, but yeah the art is just... not my thing, though I'll put up with it once more when Assassin scanlations happen. Lost Canvas is superior because it's a Gold Saint fanservice story with good art.

The CG movie is already out, I went to a cinema to watch it with my cousins and all. I liked the first half, the second half was okay, and the whole time I was trying not to fangirl about how nice the guys looked, visually speaking it was good!

And Omega... eh, I liked some things. I just hope they take fan feedback into account and do better with this new project.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh man the CG movie. My cousins and I were curious about it but we skipped it because it didn't seem worth the effort.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Somebody managed to record the teaser shown at the Tamashii Nations' event:

So yeah, post-Hades classic gold saints.
    Also, if you needed some reason to care about Episode G Assassin maybe this is it:

Spoiler:

Future Virgo saint Shun (who's also a doctor and has golden cosmo chains), probably there because of after-effects from the battle against titan Cronos.

Blog Entries
    Looks cool.

So, regarding Soul of Gold:

Toei Animation announced the production of a new original Saint Seiya series: Saint Seiya - Soul of Gold. This new anime will start airing in April!

Focusing on the Gold Saints, the series' storyline will develop right after the Hades chapter when they mysteriously come back to life in Asgard!

This new series is produced by Mr. Atsutoshi Umezawa who also worked on Sailor Moon Crystal and Mr. Hideyuki Motohashi, the character designer of this new series, was also the animation director of Saint Seiya Hades Chapter Sanctuary.
    From the TOEI Europe site.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    when they mysteriously come back to life in Asgard!

Whaaaat

Wheeeere

But... hoooow

So yeah, Asgard is back? Now color me double interested.

Trailer 2:

The official site also has character designs for the Gold Saints if you'd like to check.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh so they are ignoring the heaven ova

k cool

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw