Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FF] (Grail) Works in Progress: Origin Stories (Grail Works, Ltd.: Type-Moon/Various X-overs)

Blog Entries
    Actually, Kieran strictly told me that the events of Fate/Anarchy are going to allow for a stable time loop where the Grail is cleaned of whatever corruption was supposed to be in there because of the 3rd War in Fate/stay Night canon, because Rin and her group steal the Greater Grail from the Apocrypha universe.

...at least, I'm pretty sure that's a stable time loop, anyway.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    And that can't be a time loop set up by Ilya when she was looking for world-ending possibilities? Given how... chaotic Anarchy is, I would think it definitely falls under the possible effects of a tainted Grail. I am aware that the stable loop implied in Anarchy that creates the Works should involve the Grail powering the Works being from the Apocrypha universe.

What I am saying is that the initial state Ilya is in in The Hero's Reward could involve her checking possibilities, noticing the Apocrypha universe in-progress, and setting up that very same stable time loop. Now certainly, the mechanism by which taint was supposed to have been purged in The Hero's Reward is Jeweled Sword hackery, which is probably enough conflict to need fixing, but, let's say that the wish's effect was "by some arcane mechanic, allow the Grail here to be dissipated in effect, and create the Works".

Now this wish needs a destructive twist. Normally interpreted, that's "We allow Angra Mainyu to manifest, and dissipate it through everything". I'm proposing that that wasn't the destructive twist, because it basically causes no damage. The only way dissipating it, and allowing the Works to exist, can be destructive, is if in/by doing so, you cause even more trouble (say, by creating a stable time loop that involves planetary-level destruction with the possibility of spilling over into other realities, allowing Shirou to do his heroic thing). And we're seeing that play out in Anarchy.

Blog Entries
    ...Kieran told me he was planning to rewrite The Hero's Reward, at least by means of a PM, or so I recall. It was in regards to what I had for a planning doc with all the (before this iteration of the Grail Works) canonical info of the timeline from Kieran.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Okay that definitely works then, I'm just being EXTREMELY convoluted. My ability to jam non-fitting puzzle pieces together is unmatched.

Blog Entries
    I understand what you mean... most of my own ideas get convoluted rather fast as well.

Well, I'll be sure to upload an origin story ASAP, given my own investment in the setting. I just... need a lot of understanding that I'm following the canon of Kieran's timeline appropriately.