Thread: Phearo's Abyss of Atrocity (Drabble thread)

Phearo's Abyss of Atrocity (Drabble thread)

Where all of absolute garbage that you can call as my terrible ideas come to life.

Log Horizon Xover

Spoiler:

"Ha-"

The shrubbery made a crunching noise, crushed by the feet of a silhouette that struggled to trek on the path left uncivilized. Sometimes, the dashing figure passes across the rays of light unobstructed by the forest's top layer of leaves, giving slight glimpses to its form- as well as it's clumsy, clumsy way of traversing vegetation.

It was to be expected. Merchants like him, after all, had little experience in the manners of adventuring, with an exception forcing his hand out of desperation. He gripped the strap of his shoulder bag tighter, pushing it down to pull the burden of the weight upwards to his torso and correcting his balance, but he knew that in the end whatever he had been doing had only been stalling for the inevitable.

An arrow lands at the side of the tree, the impact of the attack burying said arrow's head thick within it's trunk, shaking the normally sturdy giant of nature.

Splitting up his workers, horses, and family. He was stupid for thinking it would make a difference. The ones chasing them down now will only have an easier time, now. They were many. He was only one. The scene, he would soon discover to rightly assume, repeated for the others of his posse.

Another arrow, this time, near the soles of his boots.

The attack pulled on his heart, and he lurched forward. Twisting. Clumsily. He fell. All his items spilling around the ground that he had hoped would lose his attackers. Thoughts of buying a better bag would appear in a better day, but clad in panic his mind can not produce any other thoughts besides to run.

He was a normal person, one of the People of the Land, and, as such, he will die a normal death at the only clearing he had found witness the mile he had ran.

One that is at the hands of the monsters that now plague their lands.

But this future was denied. Denied so strongly, by a streak of wind- no, power. It was the only word capable of describing the feeling that the line of silver made as it explodes into a shower of golden sparks, intercepting the arching blade of the goblin in a mere millisecond before forcing it away with its strength. However, without even a pause to ascertain the results of its actions it bursted through another one out of the mob that imposed itself against the helpless peddler. In the span of a minute the five enemies -all of the ones present- that fell within the pathway of the streaking sword had no choice but to meet its maker, their durable bodies cleaved in two, in random directions that emphasized the phenomenon's lack of care.

Finally, when all threat were destroyed, the man's saviour thought it be best for a respite. And so, the old, middle aged person born in this land fell once more- falling upon the revelation that the heroic knight that had saved him was only a blonde, little girl. Maybe, in better circumstances, he would laugh at the absurdity of it. That was then he realized the young one's true nature--

An adventurer. A level 3, but an adventurer nonetheless. They were strange- they had looked to be the same as the common denizens of this world, and by all rights they should fall upon the same grueling limits that their kin would burden. But they do not. The rules they impose on themselves for order those not apply to these strange other-kin, even logic seems to bend in ways truly heretic-- as if to confer to its subject's whims, not the other way around.

Yet, unlike those nobles drunk with power, they were different.

It took a single glance to the blonde girl's silver eyes to confirm such a statement.

How jaded it was. A child does not deserve to carry such terrifying pair.

The action not left unnoticed by the observed. She seem to derive amusement at his reactions- assuming anything from the sudden smirk that crept to her face. Then, she drew closer, shuffling beneath the thick layer of armored steel dyed in a mix of cobalt and velvet blue. Once she was close enough, a hand covered in gauntlet reached for the bag that clung tightly to her back and pulled out paper, along with a strangely shaped object.

In the next few seconds the odd young lady started to rub the strange object against the paper, before presenting what seems to be a note to the man.

The writing was shoddy, but it was expected from where she had written it. The strange quill seems to be forgiving in that regard. Still, he read it, and a frown came to his brow.

Why ask such an unrelated question now? However, it was harmless, so he decided to answer truthfully.

"I'm sorry, as of right now, I don't have anything of the sort in my inventory." He had no reliance perfect memory to confirm his statement, but given the matter at hand it would be easy to assume the situation. Sadly it seemed to be the kind of answer the woman did not crave for.

This woman, one who had carried the name of "Saber" etched on her profile, stood.

Whatever openness he had seen her perpetuate was now completely sealed, and as she walked away the sense of finality was clear enough that the merchant knew he had wasted his chanc-

A flicker of blue from those dead eyes, and the woman seemed to trip. Before she would even land at the ground, though, she altered her motion to fish the bag from her bag and reached the group in a cross-legged position.

With great ferocity the swordswoman seemed to dig through its contents, found the note and quill once more, and gave him another slice of the paper.

"We'll settle this later, for now, I'll rescue the others."

It read, and at the short time he had been reading it another gust of wind blew up, leaving the tired old man befuddled at the short string of events...

'What exactly happened?' those thoughts were plastered all over his face. Little would he know how many people would be making the same face as they met with the tiny knight and her unusual quest:

To find a potion that could change appearances.

Last edited by Phearo; September 24th, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

well form the spoiler, I understand that this story MC is Saber or at least Saber centric right?
    ps: HOLY F'CKING SHIT LOLI Saber!!!!!!!!!!!!

..Saber was a loli even in the original VN, you know? Doesn't she have like.. the body of a 14 year old, or something?

Spoiler:

Troublesome.

Those were the only words present in his mind as he cut one enemy after another. With a single slash of his sword, the mob's body gave way to the blade trajectory, parting like a hot knife through butter. After the first dozen, he had simply discarded paying thoughts to what was currently happening. Frankly it was disappointing- he had some hopes on fighting these fantastical creatures for the first time, but it had just been boring how easily they died to his attacks.

'You should really stop being so reckless, you're eating into our reserves with a ridiculous amount of speed!'

A voice cut through the dullness, snapping him back to reality as he kills off the last remaining goblin. He glances at the side, spying a bar, depleted of most of its contents.

'How are you able to eat that much up od, anyway?'

He winced a bit at the question. Does he really want to answer this question?

'I'm here all day, you know.'

He sighed.

'I was using her style to fight.'

'Honestly.' He noted it was quite interesting to hear a voice in his head give an exasperated sigh. 'That's all there is to it?'

Coalescing prana into a single point, to let loose in an explosive bout of gale to aid the efforts of this weak body. The decision to use such a style came to him in hopes of staying low profile into this world. It's flow of motion and aura seemed in line with the stereotype, according to his knowledge. So if anything else, he'll just be able to pass any discrepancies by saying he was a newbie. He doubted anyone would have any idea how he's doing it, and would likely assume the same for his case. Well, it's also the truth, isn't it? That's another plus.

'Still, stop using it, we hardly have any energy compared to before.'

There was an excruciating urge to tell her that it was her command to face up against the- at the time- impossible odds. Though he bit it down, remembering the consequences of ever crossing with the magus. Even if she isn't as... experienced as her counterpart.

'Fine.'

Whatever prana built up in his systems are discarded back into the streams of his body's circuits, leaving him only with the muscle memory he's accumulated fighting with a long sword. Quite abundant, considering he had to hone it in the field of battle- but still lacking, just as much as most of his repertoire. A copy can never trump the original, after all.

And a copy was all he was. An imitation.

A faker.

'Keep spacing out like that, and I'll take control.'

That's his sign to stop thinking about these things, apparently.

He gave out another sigh, fishing from his bag two bottles: An EXP pot, and a normal mana potion. In the real world you'd rarely find such a concoction that can just top off your od in a heartbeat, and to see that it's so abundant here- videogame logic is really quite convenient, isn't it? In any case, they had already finished what they came here to do.

'So, they didn't have the potion.'

A little rumor that managed to surface at the aged ruins where they appeared was in truth nothing more than that. Whatever chances of bringing peace to his mind was drowned the moment of the revelation. As much fun as it is parading around in a small body.. no, actually, it's not fun at all.

'Well, it was worth the shot. We.. what do you call it again.. leveled up quite a bit, right?'

'I suppose. What's our next move?'

'For now, let's go back to 'Akihabara'. We should be able to gather more information there.'

A good suggestion. Staying in the wilderness might help them get prepared for danger, but without any clear idea of how society works around here they'll start wandering about cluelessly- a precarious fate to people who actually want to escape this predicament. He started shuffling along the uneven terrain, hefting the pack unto his back once more. Even while walking in a leisurely pace like this, they might be able to go back before nightfall.

'Say..'

She spouts out, but immediately trails off.

'Can you let me stretch for a little bit?'

'No, master.'

'But!'

'No.'

'Please?'

'...'

'...'

'Still no.'

'Jerk.'

Hamburgers.
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

well to me a 14 year body isn't count as a loli body
    ps what are you going to dress her? I hoped saber will be dressed in gothic lolita costum.FuFu....

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlunatic View Post
    well to me a 14 year body isn't count as a loli body
    ps what are you going to dress her? I hoped saber will be dressed in gothic lolita costum.FuFu....
    Technically, the original Lolita from Vladimir Nabocov was twelfth, true, but the film of 1962, the one that really made it known, was a girl of 14. And the script was written by Vladimir Nabocov too. So taking into account that Saber's body is frozen on that age (14-15), it is right to call her that even if she is twenty something. I'm sure she isn't happy about that fact, though.

And if what the forum says about your age is true (and I don't have any reasons to doubt it), I can understand why a 14 years old wouldn't be bad for you. Take into account, though, that if that's your actual age, you are in a board where half of the works that are talked about are eroges, and thus, not suited to your age, so take care when we... talk about something not apropiate. I'm not going to judge you about it (hey, I also explored a bit with that age), but your parents may not be as... understanding about it.
    Last edited by Ergast; September 28th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

now for something completely different

Spoiler:

A big crash, and when he had opened his eyes, he came to face with a familiar sight.

Of course, at the time, the wave of recognition did not spark until a few moments after- as prevalent as it is in his mind, it was still a far cry from the scene he used to see- one that held such place in a more, pristine glory.

Even when decades had passed since he has last stepped foot in this domain, the memories that it held stood strong and pure. However, he had little doubt that it was not attachments of his own, but rather an external factor to bring relevant information into place.

He stares up, baring his face against the gentle touch of the moonlight, directly at its progenitor.

'The Holy Grail.'

His thoughts clearing from the jumbled mess it had earlier been. That was what had come and brought forth history he had long buried deep. He did not act upon it- it wasn't as if he could hold the ancient magic accountable for trying to accomplish its single goal; informing its summons the state of the world was just another of its machinations implemented for convenience. In the end the fact that it had carried with it the key to the previous life he'd lived was nothing more than a side effect.

He sighed, knowing the ramifications of such knowledge, and held it deep; he can afford not to tell her anything--

--she got through alive the first time, hadn't she?

Then again, this time, it could be different. It was the lingering feeling that disturbed him as he fiddles upon the rows of books perched atop a bookshelf- one that was free from thick dust and debris, the inching feeling as the Grail would grant him the last piece of his servant identity:

His class.

Rippling across continuity and disturbing what was rightfully meant to be.. it perturbed him, what this nail could affect, and what it had already affected.

The door at his side shook. It may have startled him, knocked him into alert if he hadn't already knew.

He closed his eyes, letting his worries slip to the back of his thoughts.

For all the disaster it can bring, it also presents an opportunity; maybe, with this, they can attain victory.

He opened his eyes at the second pound, meeting with fiery azure eyes. They glared for the briefest of seconds, taking of what lay before them as their owner finally opens her mouth to speak.

"Tell me,"

At this, the influx of memories- emotions- grew stronger, bursting forth--

yet squashed as quickly as it came.

"are you my servant?"

He gave his signature smirk. It didn't matter what changed in the end, there was still one thing that's going to be left the same.

Just like before, it was going to be a long week.

Hamburgers.

I wanted something that was kinda a mix between Megaman ZX, Fate/Extra, and Fate/Stay Night, and actually a bunch of other inspirations, so I started to write this Alternate Universe kinda thing. Since this part still lacks exposition, I'll just tell you that that HGW is actually a battle that is fought for a 'piece' of the holy grail- actually a piece of the moon re-purposed by the three families- with its waning connection to the greater moon cell repaired, but not to the fullest extent of its capabilities. Therefore, servants instead of becoming physically summoned, then just imparts their noble phantasm for use through assimilation with the mysterious metals carved from the 'holy grail' itself. Yada yada yada.

Pieces of the Moon chap 1 draft 3

Spoiler:

“Ah-”

My gasp was racked with both pain and fatigue, and my form threatened to double over, averted by only a pair of battered, trembling arms clenching as hard as they could. The only thing that had kept them from being in worse condition was the lucky streak of reinforcement earlier- but I very much doubt I’d be able to recreate that kind of feat again. Any commands to move once more only had me sprawling on the ground, the pain my stomach from the brutal roundhouse kick returning in full force.

“...”

---Footsteps came up, slowly, from behind. There was no need to turn around to know who it was, but I do anyway.

On my back, I stare up to the harbringer of my death. A foreign woman, garbed in strange, blue armor. On her hands held the crimson spear that robbed my life once, and would most likely do so again. Those dull eyes regarded my form with no importance. Like I was simply a nuisance- a chore to be taken care of in a day’s worth of work. It was a conflicting feeling- should I be happy that she derived no enjoyment from killing me?

--No. The answer was already clear.

...I’d already died once. No mistake.

Someone did me a great service bringing me back to life despite all that.

Should I repay him by wasting all of his effort?

No.

So, I’m not going to die again.

Despite the impossibility of that statement- my consciousness was waning, and my vision distorted in blue light- I’ve made up my mind.

I’m not going to die again, especially to someone with little regard to human lives!

Then, as if in defiance to my resolve, pain became my world- with only a small,
    sickening
    lithe
    voice that accompanied my thoughts as white took over everything there was.

<< Then, I shall give you power to fulfill your desire.>>

---------------------------------------------------------

“Emiya-kun! Wake up!”

I awoke to the sound of a familiar voice, coupled by a clash of blades. My vision hasn’t returned to its glory yet- still hazed, blurry, and tired from the earlier ordeal that I had encountered-

“Huh?”

I...survived?

How did I survive?

Everything seemed to stay at a standstill, my proclamation almost acting as if it was a wall that blocked all external stimuli. There were sounds of battle, not a footstep be heard.. Just my own ragged breathing.. And a gust of air that blew at the side-

<<Master! Look out!>>

-Which turned out to be a careening dark blur, hitting my face with a force of a truck.

“Gurgk!”

Just as I managed to rise from the oceans of unconsciousness, my visions turns into a smear again- with the next instant reverberating across my whole body as I realize that I’ve been thrown face first into a stone wall, yet as much as it should’ve hurt it didn’t.

“Really,” there was a tinge of disappointment on her steadily recognizable voice. “To think the time I would meet a familliar face, I’d see him completely lost control.” whatever pains I was going through to try and unbury my face from the solid wall was interrupted when the voice finally clicked to a person from my memory.

“..Tohsaka?”

I can barely make out her twintail at the edges of my vision.

“Hello, Emiya-kun. Let’s get you out of that hole now, shall we?”

Hamburgers.

祖 Ancestor
    Reminds me a bit of Prisma.
    I was personally also having an idea that was similar but with Starforce and Extra.
    The Berserk thing isn't anything I remember from either source material but I guess that creates some dramatic tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Reminds me a bit of Prisma.
    I was personally also having an idea that was similar but with Starforce and Extra.
    The Berserk thing isn't anything I remember from either source material but I guess that creates some dramatic tension.
    Actually, what happened to Shirou wasn't actually Berserking, let's see, how do I explain this..

Okay, compared to Prisma Illya, the Heroic spirits summoned by the Holy Grail isn't completely subjugated- in a way they're more of a actual ego than a programmed personality like Ruby. So whenever a person would assimilate with those metals, they would be literally housing two souls in their body... and if the dominant one where to suddenly disappear, or weaken it's hold, you know what could happen. Such was the case with Shirou, and presumably Kotomine who in this universe had his ego destroyed after using Gilgamesh's form and got it replaced by the king's.

So yeah, Arturia was one the fighting Rin at the time, I'll leave the reason to why Rin was trying to wake Shirou up to you.. because I haven't thought that far ahead yet.
    Hamburgers.

祖 Ancestor
    Ah, makes sense.
    I'd suggest an eventual synchonized state if this actually becomes a thing. Shirou still have his innate powers of projection or at least UBW potential? Or is the fact that everything is mooncelled and Extra like mean that people no longer have Magic in them anymore normally?
    Still think it would be cool to have this like Starforce except the HS's are like EM beings that need to fuse with humans to fully tap into their power and gain and anchor to the world, and the mooncell being a huge spiritual server like the Meteor or Blackhole servers. Anyways cool concept.

I guess it's harder to reason with someone you don't know so maybe that's why Rin wanted to break him out of the control?

Considering the events that led to fate/extra didn't happen for decades, it's safe to say that they can still cast mysteries. The starforce influence I don't really have ( or get) as I've only watched it in passing. Maybe it would be a good idea, but I don't think it's going to be the direction the fic would go in... if I ever decide to fully write it.
    Hamburgers.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    I still remember that Prisma Illya fanfic.....wonder what happened to it...

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    I still remember that Prisma Illya fanfic.....wonder what happened to it...
    Chapter 4 is coming. I just have to stop rewriting it every damn time.
    Hamburgers.

I'd just found out I misspelled dabble in the title. Oh geez. Most of the stuff I have here is far too long to be 100 words!

Oh well, here's a short one so I don't look like a jerk necroing this thing.

A Booming Day in Ahnenerbe

"We're doomed!"

With all the majesty of a trapped gazelle on fire, Neko-Arc bursted through the stainless doors that lead to Ahnenerbe's kitchen, and promptly began freaking out.

"Ever since we had Saber working here in the weekends, we've been experiencing a huge influx of demand!"

At the cat's nervous wrecked rant, one of the residents of said kitchen- just another in the posse of nekos hired by the store's owner, Neko-Destiny - responded with a shocked gasp.

"Isn't that a good thing? We all need money!"

She would've devolved into a mess of love and money, if not for the new entree's rebuttal:

"But they just keep coming! Our cooks are working in overtime, we even had to hire the infamous Emiya! We can't take much more of this!"

Neko-Arc pointed at the otaku- whom no one really actually knew- taking the responsibility for the soup, while pointing at the working, undoubtedly human redhead cooking up chinese dishes with a huge cooking pot.

"..Why am I 'infamous'?" Said boy sweatdropped at the rather pointed observation.

"Oh, how I wish anyone would just come out and save us!"

The parody of a certain Brunestud finally gave in, weak at her knees she only looked above the sky- unfortunately covered by the ceiling and a frighteningly bright fluorescent bulb- to shout out her woes in one final, desperate attempt.

"Did any one of you citizens ask for help?"

With bloodshot and teary eyes she turned towards the source of the new voice- and met with the shadowed persona.

"Who're you?"

The cue given so generously by the mysterious Neko-Arc, the unknown figure stepped into the light:

With his red hair ending in ridiculous spikes, and palette centered on faded blue, the most distinguishing factor this newly appearing neko had from the rest was the pair of sharp-edged sunglasses hanging in front of his face.

"I am the cat the lingers in the shadows, stalking the preys of the night with extreme vigilance! The cat who brings evildoers to their untimely demise, and the cat that saves all those that call for help!"

His words filled with conviction, and emphasized with impactful posing, he finishes his introduction with his arms crossed in the pattern of an X-

"I am Neko-Justice!"

-before opening his arms, kneeling with one leg propped up as he gallantly stares at the non-existent audience... only to be reciprocated with awkward silence.

It would have lasted longer, if not for the decision of yet another one enter the fray.

"'Justice', you say? Hah! No title is more unfitting for a cat such as you, hypocrite."

Almost the same as the one that represented Justice, he bore the colors for darker, which has smaller, more circular glasses to cover his eyes instead.

Of course, as usual, his debut is met with the sound of silence, only to be broken when the two redheads speak in synchronization:

""What are you, Neko-Snark?""

Which quickly had the nerdiest of them all fall them in a laughing fit.

"Pfft!" He breathed in, clutching his stomach on the ground- "More like,"-Inhale- "Neko-SnArc!".

Another bout of silence. This time, accompanied by a tumbleweed that had snuck into the kitchen.

"Was that the entire point of this snippet?"

The last occupant of the kitchen spoke, opting to have a taste of Neko-Evolution's soup, before settling the scoop back down at the realization that the handle was the only part that hasn't melted from the concoction. He placed his elbow at the kitchen counter, staring at the camera as he gives his cigarette another puff.

"That was a terrible pun-"

The first character presented in this snippet concluded,

"Un! Un! Un!" but cut short by Neko-Bubbles, bobbing her head up and down fiercely behind the stack of plates she carried when she had entered the kitchen announced fifteen seconds since this short story started.

"-see you next time!" and so Neko-Arc compromised with a friendly wave at the camera, followed by every other Neko... leaving the only human in the establishment to stare at the general direction everybody's looking at with great confusion.

"Who are you talking to?"

Last edited by Phearo; November 11th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
    Hamburgers.

...wut?

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    ...wut?
    Love and money.
    Hamburgers.