Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 LastLast

Thread: Define 'Shitposting'

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Walmart View Post
    Clausewitz is really only hard because his use of the Hegelian dialectic can often trip one up as to when he's making a point and when he's building the argument.
    Even if I knew Hegelian dialectic, I still find his syntax frustrating.

If you feel that I'm being ironic, then that's what you feel and it is sole to you. I don't have that intention.
    How am I supposed to know?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    lel

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Then shouldn't you just explain what you mean, and not insult them in the process? And maybe people would respect you more? Here's your original response.

Was that really necessary?
    I simply replied to this.

Well, I guess, whatever the hell you just said is good for me because this is an incoherent post!
    How am I not supposed to feel insulted?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    This is the internet. You must retain your composure in the face of irreverence.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█▄░░░░▄░░░░█░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄░░░▀░░░░░░░░░▄░
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██░░░▄▀▀▀▄▄░░▀░░
    ░░▄█▀▄█▀▀▀▀▄░░░░░░▄▀▀█▄░▀█▄░░█▄░░░▀█░░░░
    ░▄█░▄▀░░▄▄▄░█░░░▄▀▄█▄░▀█░░█▄░░▀█░░░░█░░░
    ▄█░░█░░░▀▀▀░█░░▄█░▀▀▀░░█░░░█▄░░█░░░░█░░░
    ██░░░▀▄░░░▄█▀░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▀█░░█▄░░░█░░░
    ██░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░▄█░░░░█░░░
    ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░██▀░░░░█▄░░░
    ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
    ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄██
    ░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░█░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
    ░▀█░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄██
    ░▄██▄░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
    ░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    This is the Beast's Lair. You must retain your composure in the face of irreverence.
    Fix'd.
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    This is the internet. You must retain your composure in the face of irreverence.
    I can only do that in 4chan because I know that the irreverence there is a staple and common agency employed by the posters.

And BL isn't 4chan. I expected it to be better.

Banned
    Regardless, it is what you did.
    You do know that he was responding to what you said about the post that you thought was coherent. You said you disagreed with its content. In Ivan's post itself if you read it again.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1764700

It was saying that more examples equal more clarity whilst less examples lead to less clarity on a subject. Then Ivan responded to your disagreement on it here.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1764707

In which case, Ivan was not putting words into your mouth. As you yourself said you disagreed with that post which content included "less examples lead to less clarity on a subject." Which in Ivan's response was "Yeah, so it's good to leave out the details, leave it hanging and call it a win. Good"

Note the bold. So, do you disagree with its content or not? Maybe it was another part of the post you thought was incorrect. The "leave it hanging and call it a win." Is that what you thought Ivan was shoving into your mouth? What did you think when you said disagreed with it? That's it's not impossible to give a subject scrutiny without examples or references, or did you disagree with the concept that more examples may improve the understanding of what is being discussed?

If you're going to be unspecific you have to expect a person to misunderstand what you mean Leo.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know this isn't a popular opinion, especially on the internet, but I think you should aim to be polite and civil, regardless of where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I know this isn't a popular opinion, especially on the internet, but I think you should aim to be polite and civil, regardless of where you are.
    No, that's a pretty popular opinion actually.

Blog Entries
    I am trying to, and yet you are insulting me. If I did not go hostile, I'm going to be seen as a pushover. And sometimes, I'm just saying how it is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Fingolfin O.O'! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    I can only hope that you're not being serious.
    Unfortunately he's. And that's why we're still here arguing over something that's almost not related to the original content.
    Last edited by Shikieiki; December 16th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    I can only hope that you're not being serious.
    Then tell me why shouldn't I.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    I am trying to, and yet you are insulting me. If I did not go hostile, I'm going to be seen as a pushover. And sometimes, I'm just saying how it is.
    Careful Ivan, this road leads to e-thugging and that is ammunition that can be used against you. So yes, I understand your stance Ivan but being angry about it won't help the situation. I know that from experience.

As keep in mind the internet is a place where people make judgements on the execution of things rather than the content of what is within that execution.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I take the umbrella policy of not assuming anyone's behavior on the internet to be a concrete reflection of their actual thoughts or character.

With certain extreme exceptions, but yeah chill out everyone!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I take the umbrella policy of not assuming anyone's behavior on the internet to be a concrete reflection of their actual thoughts or character.
    I'd like to share the same umbrella. But the fact is that we are living in a world where part of the people think that they're protected by the distance between their monitor and the other side.... so people are tending to become more and more radical when on the interwebs (in some cases, we could have people with personality disorders AHAHA).

P.S.: i should be working, but this thread is more interesting......
    Last edited by Shikieiki; December 16th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    How is that an insult to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Careful Ivan, this road leads to e-thugging and that is ammunition that can be used against you. So yes, I understand your stance Ivan but being angry about it won't help the situation. I know that from experience.

As keep in mind the internet is a place where people make judgements on the execution of things rather than the content of what is within that execution.
    Eugh.

For all the things that makes people consider the Internet as a cold, calm and collected repository of hard facts, especially from the outsiders, as well as the fact that it is also considered as a base of silent social revolutions, I despise the fact that people in it still behave like the great unwashed offline.

In other words, I want to say "Why the hell is the Internet like this?".

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 「 」Shiki View Post
    I'd like to share the same umbrella. But the fact is that we are living in a world where part of the people think that they're protected by the distance between their monitor and the other side.... so people are tending to become more and more radical when on the interwebs
    Well, that's exactly it. People act mean or completely insane on the internet because of the perceived anonymity. This is internet forums I'm talking about, not social networks.
    Which is probably not how they are in real life. Probably.

more to the point being nice and not holding grudges is a better policy, less headaches. And no Ivan, people will not think you're a "pushover" if you don't get angry about every single slight.

(in some cases, we could have people with personality disorders AHAHA).
    This is a certainty but still, a minority of people.

Blog Entries
    How is that an insult to you?
    That was a simple statement already. That's like saying to my face that I can't talk to save my life when all I am asking for is some spare change. That's like saying I'm linguistically retarded.
    Last edited by Ivan The Mouse; December 16th, 2014 at 03:19 PM.