Page 210 of 221 FirstFirst ... 110160200205208209210211212215220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

Blog Entries
    There's a new Edgar Wright movie and there are some people that think it's bad? Didn't we already leave 2020?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The life of musical writer and composer Jonathan Larson as he struggles to try and achieve his dreams with his 30th birthday coming up and after spending 8 years writing his first musical.
    Oh, interesting! I'll look it up when I can.
    Thanks for explaining!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Yeah same here. I regretted having reread the novel like 5 minutes into the film. I could only see the missing stuff.
    Right?!

Blog Entries
    8 years writing his *first* musical? Come on man, you can't have magnum opus syndrome on your first outing.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seeing as how the show's been running for almost 25 years, he succeeded.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Regardless of whether or not you know it, you've probably seen the archetype of the uniformed devil man/sorcerer first first portrayed in Teito Monogatari. That usually comes in 1 of 2 flavors. The man of average build with a sword (Teito Monogatari anime, SMT, Tokyo Babylon) and the muscular man without a sword (Street Fighter, Teito Monogatari live action). The ironic thing is that the Street Fighter live action movie was aiming for the latter but was unable to be that muscular, due to the actor having a medical condition. Also, the first portrayal of the latter, done in the Teito Monogatari live action, had a particularly large chin, which was portrayed as such in the Street Fighter games. Unfortunately, such a chin could not be easily emulated by anyone else, when the Street Fighter live action came around.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    Tobey (and his receding hairline) and Andrew ARE in No Way Home after all.
    Videos have just surfaced.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can you please tell WHAT you're spoiling before doing it? God fucking dammit

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He could've posted in the Marvel movie thread too, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Spoodermain spoiler talk
    I mean did anybody really think they weren't going to show up? That would just be lost money
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saw the new Wes Anderson movie The French Dispatch tonight. It's basically an anthonogly movie with three and a half stories framed by the editor of the magazine putting together the final issue. The second main story felt the weakest, a Les Mis pastiche that feels like it misses the mark by not setting up any goalposts. Conversely the first story about Javier Bardem as an incarcerated artist savant is hilarious, and the thrid segment, where Jeffery Wright is a food critic reporting on stakeout cuisine is so comically absurd to start, that the end point feels grounded comparatively.

The lack of a through line in the narratives hurts it compared to Grand Budapest Hotel, but in a year where most of the movies have been the last two years worth of mindless blcokbusters, or unfinished stories, it's nice to see something with personal style. The closest I've seen in theatres before this was James Gunn's Suicide Squad. 8/10. See it, but not worth risking COVID to do it. So Netflix.

So Don't Look up is a great fucking movie. Definitely loved how it wasn't subtle at all (which to my understanding a lot of critics didn't), and none of the comedy fell flat for me except for some of Jonah Hill's scenes, but I felt that was the point. Honestly I would 100% rec it to someone. Movie is no less than a 7 for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I just watched that, very funny. I can't decide who was the bigger meme: Hillary Trump or Elon Jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I just watched that, very funny. I can't decide who was the bigger meme: Hillary Trump or Elon Jobs.
    Absolutely Hillary Trump. She's outrageous in every scene she's in. Meryl did her role good.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just finished it. Harious movie but I was fucking depressed by the end. I hope I'll be able to just laugh at this movie in the future.

I'm glad the post credit was there to cheer me up lol

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the Wuxia movie "Yīngxióng" (Hero) with the star studded cast of Jet Li as "Nameless" (blatantly Jing Ke), Chen Daoming as Qin Shi Huang (interestingly Jackie Chan was offered the role but turned it down), Donnie Yen as Long Sky, Tony Leung as Broken Sword, Maggie Cheung as Flying Snow and Zhang Ziyi as Moon.

Something of an atypical film as the bulk of the story is just the Emperor in his chamber talking with his servant about how the latter bested the assassins who tried to kill the Emperor in the past - with the typical bold usage of colours as per director Zhang Yimou's signature style with each set of flashbacks being dominated by a different colour such as Red (Deceit), Blue (Romantic) and White (Truth). Definitely feels like the director might have been inspired by Rashomon given the premise. As a Wuxia flick, there is a lot of beautiful fight choreography and naturally some impressive wirework, I particularly liked the fight scene between Jet Li and Leung where the pair are clashing swords over an eerily still lake (filmed in Jiuzhaigou national park) and when they are both in danger of falling into the water, they thrust their swords onto the water's surface with enough force that it rebounds and pushes them both back into the air to continue fighting. Lastly, the movie brings up some interesting ideas with the characters each trying to argue their case of whether the ends justifies the means and if revenge can ever be meaningful.

Overall a very good movie and I would rate it two whole katanas...if you don't get the joke, in their infinite wisdom, the Americans thought it would be an improvement to edit the poster to have the two leads holding Japanese katanas instead of their Jian swords.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I remember watching that movie on vhs a long time ago. Something that still sticks in my mind is how the Emperor has all these candles there to reveal any aggression against him.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I didn't watch the movie as a whole, but while I think it stupid that vampires can't use guns in Cirque du Freak (probably because, given the target audience, they didn't want to glorify firearms), I do appreciate the complete mockery of the entire funerary system with the fledgling vampire playing video games inside of his coffin while his mortal associates bawl their eyes out at his closed-casket wake. Basically, the opposite of how Shiki deals with vampires and the funerary system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobutron View Post
    I remember watching that movie on vhs a long time ago. Something that still sticks in my mind is how the Emperor has all these candles there to reveal any aggression against him.
    To detect murderous intent? Yeah, that's actually super common for all imperial throne rooms. While I understand that it was supposed to be based on history, and they didn't want to that Mel Gibson Patriot movie of changing the historical result, all it showed me was that peace and justice are weak motivations easily broken. That whole "speaking with a defenseless emperor" bit was also done in Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood quest line, but by being motivated by vengeance and money, the assassination went through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Overall a very good movie and I would rate it two whole katanas...if you don't get the joke, in their infinite wisdom, the Americans thought it would be an improvement to edit the poster to have the two leads holding Japanese katanas instead of their Jian swords.
    Still salty that Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines couldn't decide whether to make the Kuei-Jin Chinese or Japanese and give katanas to basically everyone. Strictly speaking, only that 1 Japanese Hunter should have a katana. The Christian Hunters should have used western broadswords (which the game has the files for), while the Chinese vampires should have used, as you said, jian. Not sure if I'm more annoyed with westerners not knowing the difference between Asian swords or that same western audience expecting all "emperors" to be powerful combatants (given what they "learned" in Star Wars), as opposed to be talking only.

On the subject of shitty movie poster edits, did you hear that bullshit about Keira Knightley's boob increase on the Guinevere poster?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 6th, 2022 at 09:57 PM.

So I've just started to revive my childhood, memories, and have gone through dozens of resources to find all Disney Movies. I found this one article based on Disney Movies, however, can you all share any hidden gems? some Disney Movies, that might not have been listed here? Also ignore the stupid rankings, they gave The Sword in the Stone D Tier, lmfao.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, Sword in the Stone is a pretty D-Tier movie, lol.

Anyways, your little list says "page not found" so as I'm going in blind, I'll just shout out any Disney film that might get overlooked that I think either has narrative or technical substance to be worth checking out.

My List

• Fantasia
    • Saludos Amigos
    • The Three Caballeros
    • Treasure Island
    • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    • Bedknobs and Broomsticks
    • The Black Cauldron (more of a guilty pleasure tbh)
    • The Rocketeer
    • A Goofy Movie
    • George of the Jungle
    • Flubber
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Holes
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • Around the World in 80 Days
    • The Princess and the Frog

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll second The Princess and the Frog. Aside from that, Fox and the Hound was always a favourite.