Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

US Friend Code
    Ok found an album with all the images https://imgur.com/a/HOJW0l6

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Ok found an album with all the images https://imgur.com/a/HOJW0l6
    General thoughts on the images:
    -I like Mineji's art, but sometimes his Ergo looks kind of off, I don't know how to explain it.
    -That said, hoodies + leggings Rin is pure sex.
    -I love all the variations of "Dress and cloak" they give Gray every volume, it's honestly pretty great! The framing of this outfit is especially great for the page with her new crystal attack.
    -Akira looks like they're having a very bad time.
    -Wow, Mikiya's weird uneven bangs still look hideous. Get a fucking eye patch or learn how to actually style your hair

US Friend Code
    Mineji's art I'm generally pretty positive on but there are times they can miss. Like Reines's neck looks weird here.

I feel like the faces look a bit weird?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Most of Mineji's side characters are ugly which is pretty tragic for an LN artist. Some are meant to be hobos, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Thinking more, I don't like his work outside of FGO. His faces feel featureless/overly smooth, for lack of better words, probably because he only adds definition through shading.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I don't even like his work on FGO tbh

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    At least in FGO he has to use a full color palette.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    His designs definitely look better when someone else draws them, I think. Like I like Azuma's illustrations for the CF manga more than Mineji's for the LN's.

- - - Updated - - -

I think his best art imo is Summer Ushiwaka maybe?

Summer Ushi and first ascension Avenger Ushiwaka look amazing, Summer Martha is pretty good too, and I'm biased towards Gray so I'm obligated to say she's perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wish I could see another artist's interpretation of Ergo though. He always looks so close visually to being a design a like but from his hair framing to the way his clothes are drawn there's always something off

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    At least in FGO he has to use a full color palette.
    I think that does help a lot, since I at least like his color working. I think even Geronimo's color scheme have a pretty good vibe.

Mineji isn't my favorite illustrator either, but even if I do not like most of his TM's arts I like all of his
    Ayatsuji
    Amagami
    's.

Actually all, I've felt all of Ergo's outfits outside of the oversized shirt and pants skirt look kind of bad on him

Ziz wasn't involved with the creation of Ergo right? I'm asking since Ergo saw three female figures in his memory (which one of them should be the Wandering Sea magus) and if I understand it correctly, then this WS magus is the opponent mentioned by Ziz in the interlude

US Friend Code
    Wasn't Ruo's mentor confirmed to be Ergo's Wandering Sea guy last volume? And now Ziz is Ruo's mentor, so I think he is.

Personally, I feel that Sakamoto's monochrome work is better than his color work. I feel like he makes very good use of his values -- this is probably one of my favorite illustrations from Adventures.
    Spoiler:

That said, Sakamoto really struggles with action scenes and characters in motion, but that was never his strong suit, and the action in Case Files is mid in terms of quality at best anyway. My only other big gripe with him is just the standard weird anime sexual dimorphism between men and women - his men are all very robust, while his women are overwhelmingly small and dainty. But it's not like that's particularly uncommon, so it's not exactly fair to only blame him for it lol.

I also really like the way he draws clothes! My man loves to render folds, and he's really good at portraying the various weights of fabrics. I half wonder if his illustrations for Adventures have been made on a tighter schedule, given how quickly Sanda's been pumping out books.

Blog Entries
    What does Reines get up to this volume? Any Kayneth and/or El-melloi family lore updates?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Ziz wasn't involved with the creation of Ergo right? I'm asking since Ergo saw three female figures in his memory (which one of them should be the Wandering Sea magus) and if I understand it correctly, then this WS magus is the opponent mentioned by Ziz in the interlude
    That's a thing I've been thinking about when reading the Interlude. The Wandering Sea mother in the 3 mothers never talks through the whole thing and is described as an absolute zero taking the face of a nebula, so her lack of personality doesn't match Ziz's excess of personality. Still in volume 1, Wuzhiqi also calls Ergo the fruit of the Crudelis' tenacity, the Wandering Sea's grudge, and her own curiosity; and Ziz doesn't seem like the type to hold a grudge. In fact, he already admitted his whole goal here is to gamble against Ergo.

He also mentioned in the interlude that Ruo isn't exactly a Wandering Sea disciple, so my current interpretation is that Mom 3 is one of the 5 Wandering Sea teachers (presumably Guenon from the Gate of Storage since that was the emblem on Ergo's pod), Ziz is one of her disciples, and Ruo is a disciple's disciple. I'll keep reading before guessing more because I'm confident at least Ziz's gate will be revealed in this book.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    What does Reines get up to this volume?
    All I saw is someone posting her discussing the Wandering Sea's "secret", the equivalent to the Clock Tower's Spirit Tomb Albion and Atlas' Seven Superweapons, something called (translated as) "Occulted Divine Orders (秘匿神理, hitoku shinri; 秘匿, hitoku, "hidden / concealed"; 神理, shinri, lit. "divine principle / law / rationality")".

You would think the five time gates would already be a big deal, but I guess that's not the only thing.
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

question
    so is the eastern mage root stuff real or a fake spoiler? or the whole projection thing with rin

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    question
    so is the eastern mage root stuff real or a fake spoiler? or the whole projection thing with rin
    Answer
    The what root?

The Projection thing is real.
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.