Page 198 of 287 FirstFirst ... 98148188193196197198199200203208248 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Yeah, there's probably Hindu/Buddhist tantric schools, more traditional Brahmanical magecraft, some Sufi stuff, Central Asian shamanism, and even some Kabalistic stuff, though considering Kabalah IRL seems to mostly have been a European thing, maybe not. Also, the Holy Church would probably have a presence in some places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

So what does artifical root mean here??

Isnt that a big deal that flips large assumptions of the setting on its head, I mean i do recall in Mahou things like 'above the root' or whatever about god

also does philosophy magecraft require circuits or is it more like the concept of intitiation itself where its more if you get inducted so to speak

JP Friend Code
    You still need circuits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    That's my bet as well, and even as Indian magecraft might have survived, it might also have been permanently altered by British interference, much like the rest of Indian culture, though considering how insular and ultra-traditionalisr mages can be, who knows?
    It depends on Nasu's approach to what can be called original Indian magecraft tbh. Which will Nasu use as the base for it, i.e Hinduism or Buddhism or a mix of those, or a mix of other smaller religions too such as Sikhism and Jainism...etc as well. Because with Philosophy Magecraft here we knew it is also a mix of Fangshu (primordial Chinese Shamanism arts that can be called Chinese alchemy) from Jiang Ziya, but Onmyoudou is not included even if derived from it and instead a Japanese special system. So it's mostly depends on how many religious, philosophy and cultural elements Nasu wants to group into one Foundation.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; February 7th, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

Isnt that a big deal that flips large assumptions of the setting on its head, I mean i do recall in Mahou things like 'above the root' or whatever about god

also does philosophy magecraft require circuits or is it more like the concept of intitiation itself where its more if you get inducted so to speak
    i think in that they are create a sort of copy of it were they can acces certain aspects easier and i get the feeling that Flats Chaos Magic might be a convergent similarity here.

bout the circuits i think yes as it think that all Magecraft types need them .

and can you say what you meant with anthropological aspect in El Melloi II case files please or give me the link toyour message as am curious what yuo meant ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, there's probably Hindu/Buddhist tantric schools, more traditional Brahmanical magecraft, some Sufi stuff, Central Asian shamanism, and even some Kabalistic stuff, though considering Kabalah IRL seems to mostly have been a European thing, maybe not. Also, the Holy Church would probably have a presence in some places.
    Honestly could the Astras to a degree be seen as large scale spells here ? Also i would think of that indian brand MAgecraft could be Hinduistic prana sorcery , from what i know could Jain Sorcery be the most similar to philosophy magecraft though independet developed . Budhistic Thaumaturgy would i think is a brand that is developed out of hinduistic MAgecraft.

then are there more disntinct style of Hinduistic Sorcery though for that one would have to analyze the religion as i see that her theology and thaumaturgy to be similar in nature .

as i am of the believe that every Religious ritual has or ateast had an magical aspect in it .Also reminds me that part as if NAsu got his inspiration or a part of it in Theurgy of the old greeks?

About kabalah like judesim has its root in the canaanitix religion is it the developed magecraft of canaanitic sorocery and Gau when you say it were more a european thing then look at folk religion though certain jewism mysticism is based in kabbalah .

About Shamanism there is many to say and that would work mnore like western thaumaturgy as shamanism is he first form of magecraft .

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A converged record of all knowledge 10 or 11 of AoG’s best Shenxian fused with Earth can compile. Obviously not all the knowledge in the universe like the real Root, but enough for all of the users’ needs.

Isnt that a big deal that flips large assumptions of the setting on its head
    It’s a HUGE deal that flipped the assumptions of the setting once in the distant past and the result are not reproductable.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A converged record of all knowledge 10 or 11 of AoG’s best Shenxian fused with Earth can compile. Obviously not all the knowledge in the universe like the real Root, but enough for all of the users’ needs.

It’s a HUGE deal that flipped the assumptions of the setting once in the distant past and the result are not reproductable.

I mean just the concept you can make a root changes so much of the lore and context, even if you cant reproduce it

Like for example mystery flows from the root, does that mean philosophy magecraft does not suffer from decay?

and is it said if it requires circuits or not

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everything flows from the Root, this doesn't change anything.

So does this 'artificial Root' (it's not even an artificial Root, but more like an attempt at simulating it). Instead of trying to reach the Root directly through a variety of other intermediaries (Magecraft Foundations), the Philosophy Mages simply connect to one really big one and use that instead. It's really quite simple, as Rin puts it.

The more incredible part is that they managed to fuse a massive Mystic Code with the planet, or whatever that business is all about. Shouldn't underestimate those Xians, I suppose.

JP Friend Code
    Like for example mystery flows from the root, does that mean philosophy magecraft does not suffer from decay?
    I mean, it can't decay if no one can reproduce it at all. LB3 material descriptions said that Xian arts are filled with secrets that science and modern magecraft cannot understand anyways.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To give an analogy:

You can simulate an entire computer inside of another computer (something called Virtual Machines). That computer performs all the functions needed of a computer, but it still couldn't exist outside of the computer it is hosted in. Without the first computer, it wouldn't exist.

Blog Entries
    So is the ultimate goal of Chinese magecraft also to connect to the Root?
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    So is the ultimate goal of Chinese magecraft also to connect to the Root?
    Rin seems to be implying that they don't. They have their simulated Root and are seemingly satisfied with that. Just because their Magecraft depends on the Root fundamentally (and you see, every single thing in the Nasuverse does, as its core) doesn't mean they have to pursue reaching it directly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I mean, it can't decay if no one can reproduce it at all. LB3 material descriptions said that Xian arts are filled with secrets that science and modern magecraft cannot understand anyways.
    wouldntt hat mean that they reached true Magict then ?

What or who are the Fangling Shating? Can't find anything in English and not sure what it would be in JP/CH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    山嶺法廷

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    To give an analogy:

You can simulate an entire computer inside of another computer (something called Virtual Machines). That computer performs all the functions needed of a computer, but it still couldn't exist outside of the computer it is hosted in. Without the first computer, it wouldn't exist.
    I know what a virtual machine is, and i know what emulation is but a artificial root is inherently a oxymoron

and considering how they all acted and the reactions it seems they are directly comparable

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I guess the Artificial Root line is easier to understand when you remember Root = Akashic Record

So you've got the Universal Library of Truth vs. a good enough, much smaller yet also much more accessible library, put together by the Xians
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 7th, 2022 at 09:05 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know what a virtual machine is, and i know what emulation is but a artificial root is inherently a oxymoron
    No, that's not an oxymoron, on any level.

Isn't the Western AoG magecraft based on the same assumption? Connecting to a god "close to the Root" because the god embodies the truth of reality in a "gigantic" way. Like a gigantic library containing a huge amount of knowledge about the truth of reality. Maybe I'm making too many assumptions but "god close to the Root" and "artificial Root mystic code fused with the planet" sound like very similar things to me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "It's a pretty basic principle, but you'd be surprised by the amount of people who never heard about it even in the Clock Tower's New Age classes. I mean, it has barely anything in common with the magecraft we study. Actually, no... our teacher would probably call them the same in how they use spells as formulas to construct Mystery. He's very nitpicky when scoring tests."
    I could almost see the Professor's figure in the background. I might be going insane, but I'll save that thought for later.
    "Excuse me, could you put that in simpler terms?"
    "The gist of it is that while the mages in the West use all sorts of foundations for their magecrafts, the Philosophy Mages stick to the Philosophy Foundation. That's all."
    That's all, indeed.
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 7th, 2022 at 09:30 AM.