Page 202 of 287 FirstFirst ... 102152192197200201202203204207212252 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    There's a bit on Australia in Fate/Requiem, as I believe one of the enemy servant alliance is one of Australia's creator deities.

Having said that, there's the slight problem that imperialism across the world had a distinctly negative impact on indigeonous peoples and their belief systems, leading to generally spotty information to draw from.
    yeah i read about some independenc War where the Aborigines tried to resist and fought against the Brites but i also have read that there were atleast few trbes of them which were left untouched did i read from a sixty years elder which meet the first white people in the 1920s and said that the last white his tribe or group meet were 80 years ago so there are still some tribes that must have there belief system quite intact and undisturbed .

What is now actually with some of the uncontacted tribes in Amazonia actually where they are still undisturbed ?

Also an Question is now japan the last known place where the Age of Gods lasted the longest ?

and what is now with antarctica now as it the only place where there were no Humen during the Age of Gods ?

Also which place would you like to be approched ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Only Mystery last longest because of the way they preserve and contact with being such as oni. The Age of God already end when Solomon died. The South America already has different settings according to lore, and only the oldest being such as Mesopotamia gods knew about them so these Mystery thing dont work with them, but bacteria related to South America gods still exist nowaday. There is no setting for antarctica yet and if I recall, there is no information about about there were no human live there in AoG

Blog Entries
    One question to make that thread abit more interactive if you could be a Mage in the Nasuverse in which organisation would you like to be and in which department ?

Also which Thaumaturgy would you like to be able to use ? and what would be your Goals and which persons wold you like meet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    There's a bit on Australia in Fate/Requiem, as I believe one of the enemy servant alliance is one of Australia's creator deities.

Having said that, there's the slight problem that imperialism across the world had a distinctly negative impact on indigeonous peoples and their belief systems, leading to generally spotty information to draw from.
    I mean that is a issue for even greek and norse myth, orion has a entire epic lost yet he is a grand, and norse myth may have been heavily altered by christian monks

And I know, but said creator deity is apparently only on par with anubis or anubis is there sempai which is fucking oof, also making them fucking brown lolicon bait is a issue for me

The rainbow snake is a big deal in aboriginal mythologies (plural) as its one of the few reoccurring motifs in said mythologies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean that is a issue for even greek and norse myth, orion has a entire epic lost yet he is a grand, and norse myth may have been heavily altered by christian monks

And I know, but said creator deity is apparently only on par with anubis or anubis is there sempai which is fucking oof, also making them fucking brown lolicon bait is a issue for me

The rainbow snake is a big deal in aboriginal mythologies (plural) as its one of the few reoccurring motifs in said mythologies
    I think you refer to Nzambi here and she is an African Goddess not australian .

and yes there is many lost like the entire Epic complex of the continental Celts like we know only the myths of the Briitain celts but rather alterd .

or that i know that there were an entire Legend corpus of Karnas father Surya but they were lost due to the muslim invasion in india . or that we know nothing on the pre islamic arabian mythology just that the Canaanitic mythology were one of them . I am shure that the jewish mythology and the Goetia are based on the original mythology of Israel .

then tere is the african continent where i am thinking that there could be still oral legends and epics whichs still havent been documented on paper .

i am still sad that only from the Roman or Greeks we know of the ancient customs ,religion and myths of the people in the words of the people that practised them in other words of the "insider" perpective.

There is no Australian servants.
    Nasu acknowledges Australia is irrelevant to human history. When will round earthers understand Australia doesn't exist.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I think you refer to Nzambi here and she is an African Goddess not australian .
    Nah the Rainbow Serpent is in Requiem too as part of Anubis's group. Well, probably. She isn't explicitly named yet but she has rainbow eyes, water powers, and can summon snakes, so in a group of death-related gods I don't know who else she could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Nah the Rainbow Serpent is in Requiem too as part of Anubis's group. Well, probably. She isn't explicitly named yet but she has rainbow eyes, water powers, and can summon snakes, so in a group of death-related gods I don't know who else she could be.
    Look at the patterning on her outfit in some pictures is aboriginal

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Aboriginal" is exactly what it gets called in-story.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    She also has no limbs. If I'm not mistaken her arms and legs are noted to be prosthetics, so, ya know, chock another one up for the snake theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Other of the 7 remaining Divine Bodies will probably appear spread in other series, and even then I'm not expecting so see all of them.

If we were to theorize we already seen some before though:
    - Kiichi Hougen was a Tengu receiving power directly from Maouson, so I'm confident in assuming the Myourenji clan uses his Divine Body.
    - The Fujou clan were itakos, so there's a decentish chance they have Jizou's.

The Yakou are distant relatives to the Ryougi, so it woundn't be farfetched to assume the 4 demon hunter families covered half of the Divine Body owners, but I want to read more about the Yakou-Ryougi relationship before commiting to theories on this one. But if that is the case, my bets are Ryougi (Yakou) with Kuninushi, Nanaya with Raijin, Fujou with Jizou, and... no idea for the Asakami because there are too many oni god options available and none that stand out.
    I have a pet theory that the Abe (or, well, guess they'd be the Tsuchimikado now) are the caretakers of one as well. Possibly Inari Okami, it'd be a good explanation for the Kuzunoha story.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    I have a pet theory that the Abe (or, well, guess they'd be the Tsuchimikado now) are the caretakers of one as well. Possibly Inari Okami, it'd be a good explanation for the Kuzunoha story.
    Could also be Amaterasu maybe? Since they connected her to Tamamo etc. giving the whole fox connection down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chapter 4
    Mana visited Sano's hospital room to ask about Akira. Mikiya did a background check and found out the tragedy of Sano's life was just bad timing. He was an active and studious member of his university, with multiple published papers, but was a victim of the university's loss of income and was kicked out with no time to prepare. Sano commented Akira always looked afraid of something, but she should be fine if Mana is with her. He looked at the rising moon and told that Akira hated white rabbits. That's all he could say before falling asleep again. Mana then left to call Mikiya.

On his way back to the himorogi, Yukinoubu found Iizuma sending the black lanterns down the river for the ritual. Iizuma is a weird grunt. She wears a blindfold under her mask, is the only person in the organization to call Yukinobu "Yuki-san", and clearly lacks a healthy way to cope with her envy toward the Clock Tower's more privileged mage status. He ordered her to find Rin and Gray, so she started playing her biwa, causing black paper to float around her and fold itself into origami cranes. Despite the similarities, those are not shikigamis, as the Yakou's magecraft system isn't onmyoudou. Her melody ordered the cranes to fly, and they started searching the area.

Gray was using her scythe to cling herself and Rin to a cliff wall. The escape seriously hurt Rin's wallet. After dumping 4 gems into it, she's out of expendable material. All she had left were the really precious stuff she'd rather save. But they succeeded in escaping Yukinobu and now had a chance to infiltrate and rescue Akira without fighting him again. Rin was very concerned about the magecraft using his subordinates. The Clock Tower has simplified rituals for groups, but that kind of Crowd Magecraft that takes effect immediately is a tactic you very rarely find outside of encounters against the Holy Church. Them not using that trump card in Tokyo means they can only do it in their mountain. Gray asked about the Inaba rabbit mentioned in the last chapter and she told the whole story, and how it revealed the identity of the Yakou's god. The name Kuchinawa confirmed it was a Japanese snake god, but that only narrowed the list of candidates down to 4. Ugajin, Mishaguji, Takeminaga, and Oonamuchi. With the Inaba Rabbit connection, they now knew it's Oonamuchi. Oonamuchi's status as the kami ruling the land of the dead also explained Gray's constant comparing it to the Blackmore graveyard. Unfortunately, the mountain didn't have the phone signal to inform Waver. They climbed to the steady ground and came into contact with the origami birds, which sicced a swarm of chimi on them. Gray fights them alone because her gravekeeper knowledge makes her a perfect counter.

Meanwhile, Ergo and Waver were having a somewhat less easy of a time with their own swarm of chimi. Ergo worried about the other two, but Waver assured him that with Gray's expertise, she might as well be the best person in the whole Clock Tower to deal with chimimouryou.

After some testing with Grim Reaper, Gray figured out that the chimi just mindless attack any foreign body "like the zombies from Flat's video games". She turned Add into the boomerang, threw him to the sky, and made him cast a pillar of shadow to the ground. The chimi all blindly rushed to the pillar, which Gray then burst. It's like a variation on the Baptism Rite. The move isn't as physically destructive as the size of the explosion suggests, but its power to cleanse mana is astounding.

Akane sensed all the chimi in the mountain being wiped out in an instant and got impressed. She recognized she was outmatched and decided the only feasible game plan was to finish the ritual before they got there. At least the biggest threat, Ruolong, was already contracted. Luckily enough for her, Yukinobu arrived.

Meanwhile, inside the box, Ruo could feel himself connected to someone. This contract being possible confirmed that Zis bet him and lost. He's still salty about that. Outside the box, the grunts started chanting the furube, causing Ruo's ribcage to open and his heart to float out of it, with all the blood vessels still connected.

The sun set and the Yakou grunts were forming circles around Akane and Yukinobu, using the same Crowd Magecraft as before to connect their Magic Circuits. It was the day of Akane's metaphorical death as a mage, and she was satisfied with the end she was getting. Akane put on her mask, made a cut in her finger, and let the bloody fingerprint sink into the Black Chest. The area became a black Mirrored Field and Akane's shadow became a 3D shadow of Akira with long hair. Akane ordered Akira to remember, but it wasn't working because of Ruo's Yuepozhou, as Akane noticed by moonlit wings around her. Akane was admired he could still keep that up with his heart pulled out, but he's already restrained by her contract, so she wasn't worried. Under normal circumstances, their divine body was inferior to a Wandering Sea masterpiece, but since Zis lost the bet, Akane can push her Circuits to the limit and order Akira to remember her darkness and eat the demon of the Wandering Sea.

The miasma was denser up the mountain, but chimimouryou weren't occurring anymore, and Add could safely eat the bad air from inside his cage. Gray and Rin got past the place where they fought Yukinobu and saw Ruo's giant wings of light above the mountain. The white wings were being painted black.

Akane's mask split in half as the wings engulfed the box and the tree. Akira ate the remaining 20% of the Divine Body. Akane burned the last of her Magic Circuits for that but she was satisfied. Yukinobu was piloting the ritual now. He'll make the Divine Body absorb Ruolong. He also gave half of the ritual members for Hashibami and Iizuma to stop the Clock Tower mages with. A non-mage yakuza leader entered the ritual grounds to report something to the two family heads. Akane claimed it was not a big deal and that she would settle it alone since she wouldn't be of any use in the ritual anymore.

Waver saw what was happening to the giant wings in the sky and immediately recognized it's Akira eating Ruo. This was only possible if the Yakou's god and Ruo's dragon had an established connection. To explain what linked them, Waver went into a biased tsundere lecture about Iskandar's role in the start of the Human Order. In the last stages of the Age of Gods, he mixed faiths and cultures from Greece, Egypt, India, etc. taking great effect in the state of the gods almost everywhere. This eventually lead to the Chinese gods being imported to Japan, which links to the origins of the yakuza because one of their precursors were Shennong worshippers. The Yakou's god is Oonamuchi, who fits the slot of Chiyou as an imported Chinese god, and Chiyou was killed by Yinglong, a winged dragon. But that didn't mean Ruo's dragon was Yinglong. Waver would have already figured it out the other day if it was that simple. Waver believed the dragon and Ergo's second god were also linked by Iskandar's route. Before he could continue, the two arrived at the scene of a pre-fight.

Rin and Gray were facing off against Hashibami and Iizuma's squad. They were under Yukinobu's orders not to kill if they could help it, but again, Iizuma didn't look stable enough to follow that. Waver and Ergo regrouped before the first skirmish. The two pairs confirmed with each other that the Yakou god was Oonamuchi. Ergo felt Ruo calling and jumped ahead of the enemy crowd, with Rin's cover fire allowing him to safely proceed. The fight started with Gray fending off Hashibami's pair of short spears and Iizuma's reinforced origami birds while Rin prepared
    Pseudo-Jewels
    Pseudo-Edelsteine
    to debut her new
    Five Stars in Circulation
    Fünf Sterne im Umlauf
    power up.

Pseudo-Edelsteine is an application of a magecraft called Projection.
    It's a magecraft used to create temporary replicas to be used in rituals and whatnot, and under normal circumstances, the projections don't last longer than a few minutes. Rin knew a ridiculous exception, and a thesis for a new formula titled Shell Projection was published in the Clock Tower, but the popularly known Projection Magecraft is an extremely inefficient category.

However, upon seeing Rin's Jewel Magecraft, El-Melloi II made the following comment:
    "You don't even a few minutes. A second should be enough."
    It made perfect sense.
    If the jewels are going to be spent immediately, they only need to last a second.
    There's no need to last a few minutes. And they can be composed with one 100th of the magical energy if they don't need to last. After all, they're nothing more than catalysts to polarize Toosaka Rin's magical energy.
    And what she's using right now takes this a step further.
    With Fünf Sterne im Umlauf, Rin could quickly switch between a wind drill spell to counter a giant water snake and a lighting rod spell to counter a lighting strike, defeating the Yakou mob with those. Crowd Magecraft was above her power level but she still managed to beat them through spell compatibility advantages. Her new mode is a trick to fight and defeat opponents beyond her league, exactly what Rin asked for in volume 2. Being a dedicated counter-based fighter in the world of magecraft normally doesn't work for two reasons. The first is that your options are limited by elemental affinities. And the second is that even if you are an Average One to have the solution for everything, there's no time to wait for the opponent to cast a spell, figure out what it is, then devise your counter-spell. Fünf Sterne im Umlauf solves that by making its circle of temporary gemstones double as both the telescope and the laser cannon. The mode uses the 5 elemental jewels all preloaded with her spells, so all she needs to do after figuring out what she's against is to quickly swap the lens and pass the metaphorical light (magical energy) through it. Analyze the enemy move through the viewing lens, pick an already active option, and respond immediately. Gray also took a compatibility advantage by turning Add into the halberd and rushing up the staircase, knocking off one of Hashibami's spears. As for Iizuma, well, paper burns, so she got countered by Rin's fire.

The wings were only half black when Ergo got to the ritual grounds. Ergo and Yukinobu exchanged introductions, with Yukinobu immediately recognizing Ergo's connection to Ruo and his brother's mask on his hip. Ergo refused Yukinobu's request to put on the mask. Genma told him to chose when he wears the mask, so he thinks he didn't get the mask to fight Yukinobu with. Yukinobu commented Ergo didn't feel like the same person he saw earlier in the Garan no Dou. Ruolong's best friend claims didn't make Ergo remember anything, but he still felt like his wish to meet and defeat Ruo disassembled and reassembled his identity. And the new him hated the thought of Akira being used the way she was. Genma also asked him to save Akira. Despite this, Yukinobu took Genma's mask for the ritual.
    Crying oni
    Kikoku
    . An oni mask with two horns on the forehead and crescent moons under the eyes. Masked Yukinobu had the mobility advantage with his bunny hops, and attacked with his claws. The ritual participants were chanting a song from Okina, causing the ground inside the Mirrored Field to shake. Every Ruo feather that touched the ground changed into a dark snake. Yukinobu thanked that his mother, his right-hand duo Hashibami and Iizuma weren't there, and covered his body with the snakes.

Akane went to the temple's main hall to receive the visitor she was reported about. The main hall was silent because of two whole barriers preventing the ritual grounds from disturbing the outside. She avoided losing the Yakou's treasure and her wish was about to come true. What could possibly go wrong? She greeted the visitor, Mikiya. He was dressed in a really formal kimono, informing her that the conversation would be serious and important.

Oonamuchi context
    Oonamuchi's main other names are Ookuninushi, Ookuronushi, Yachihoko-no-Kami, and Kakuriyo-no-Ookami. Ookuninushi is his most popular name, but Sanda chose Oonamuchi most likely because that's his name with the biggest snake association. Waver and Rin had no reason to treat Oonamuchi as the default name, though. He's the god of the night, the color black, boxes, owner of a lot of polearms, and lord of the land of the dead. Needless to say, the Black Chest preservation method is because he's the god of boxes.

The referenced story of the Inaba rabbit is that there was a rabbit in Oki Island who wanted to cross the ocean to reach Inaba. The rabbit went to the alligator-sharks and told them he wanted to compete who was more numerous, the white rabbits or the alligator-sharks. The sharks thought it was a fun idea and took the challenge. The rabbit made them line up and told he would count the sharks by hopping over each of their heads once. And so he managed to cross the row of sharks and reach Inaba, but when he was almost there, he had the stupid idea of saying "I duped you, losers, I just trying to cross the ocean", so the last shark ripped his skin off.

In Inaba, a group of 79 out of 80 brother gods were on their way to compete over who would get to marry goddess Yakamihime. They saw the flayed rabbit begging for help and thought it would be hilarious to tell him to go back to the ocean and wash his wounds with saltwater. On his way back to the ocean, the rabbit met the 80th brother god, Kuninushi, who was falling behind because he was too nice for his own good, so he was made to carry all 80 brothers' lugagge (that's what gave him his box god status btw). He explained the saltwater would hurt like hell and took the rabbit in his box to wash his wounds on fresh water. The plot twist is that the rabbit was trying to cross the ocean because he was a familiar animal of Yakamihime, and helping him is what sealed Kuninushi's fate of being the one chosen to marry her.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Huh, Rin loads spells inside of her gems just like in Prisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Seems those who thought she devised Pseudo-Edelsteine due to Shirou were wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

US Friend Code
    Gray's pseudo-sacrament is really cool

JP Friend Code
    Interesting info about imported gods and syncretism.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Seems those who thought she devised Pseudo-Edelsteine due to Shirou were wrong.
    I wonder what this references?:
    It's a magecraft used to create temporary replicas to be used in rituals and whatnot, and under normal circumstances, the projections don't last longer than a few minutes. Rin knew a ridiculous exception, and a thesis for a new formula titled Shell Projection was published in the Clock Tower, but the popularly known Projection Magecraft is an extremely inefficient category.
    Like is it that only someone like her could've thought of something like this due to being an Average One and thus being able to utilize it?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    That's more like a reference to the anime special, I think?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The ridiculous exception is Shirou, and Shell Projection is from the Case Files NY special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3