Page 217 of 287 FirstFirst ... 117167207212215216217218219222227267 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

Blog Entries

Given the other aspects of the body, the best thing I can think of is organ magic. Either that or cell/DNA magic. Though I doubt the latter one, given how DNA is a relatively recent discovery.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It goes into skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

maybe magic circuits themselves

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unlikely, and it would defeat the purpose anyway, since Atlas alchemy was developed on the assumption that traditional magecraft was going to become extinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Saliva

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Intermission
    At his third hour of spiritual surgery, Ziz finally removed 70% of Rhon's shadow. Spiritual surgery doesn't use anesthesia, so Ruo has been bearing with unbearable pain this whole time. A seal on the level of Rhongomyniad Mythos is rare even for Age of Gods' standards, so it'd take over a century for it to dissipate on its own. Illustration. Ruo questions if it was a good idea to let Ergo go, but Ziz argues Waver and Atlas won't get anywhere. Ergo's third god is special, not someone they can guess, so Ziz has no reason to rush at the current game state. He's looking forward to Waver noticing the significance of something. Ziz asks for Ruo's opinion on Ergo, but since Akira opened the door, Ruo got up and left the room with her without answering.

In the tea room, Log asks Reines's opinion on the case. She thinks the alchemists are too unaccustomed to conspiracy. Their eyes are so set on the future that they forget to look at the present. She finds them too predictable, which is why she thinks this case has too many moving parts to be just one alchemist's scheme. This is the result of multiple schemes throwing each other off-track. Log agrees that the alchemists' reckless abandon for anything that doesn't benefit their objective is a huge factor at play here. Latio told Log that Luvia also came to Egypt with her and Reines, so Log's next question is where is she.

The space distortion dropped Rin, Ergo, and Sion in range of the guardian stampede in the third layer. They're attacked on arrival but can hold the enemy back with Phantom Hands and a set of Etherlite designed to capture vampires. With them held in place, Luvia can destroy the guardian with one bullet each because she knows their weak points. Luvia asks the three how did they get there, as she thought they couldn't open the door she informed Sion about. Rin questions how did she know about the graverobber's route and Luvia confirms that graverobbers adventures to who took the library challenge in the past were her ancestors. Luvia was interested in the library, knew more about it than anyone else, and didn't trust the joint excavation team, so the wiser route for her was to exchange information with Sion and tackle the dungeon solo. That means she gave Sion information on the Library in exchange for information on Atlas, but Sion insists that what she did was technically not illegal because she didn't talk about her personal research, and it was a necessary investment to find the "traitors" doing technically not illegal business. Luvia asks how Ergo is feeling about the library and he says his heart is reacting. His heart knows something the rest of his body doesn't.

Back at the hologram room, Ptolemy recognizes Ergo as Alexander IV.

US Friend Code
    Well there it is. But I wonder if Ergo is modeled after him, or if he is him.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Timeline makes sense for it to be him. Have they ever explicitly stated that his base self is human, or could he be some kind of clone/homunculus?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Ruo, and I do hope he makes it through the story in one piece

Probably won't though, he has "tragic rival" written all over him. I do expect him to turn on Ziz at some point though, probably for Akira's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Saliva
    Piss Wizard, wait and see. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Per Gray's narration, the only difference between Alex 4 and Ergo is that Alex 4 had the sad eyes of someone who gave up everything, so my guess is that Alex 4 willingly volunteered his body and Ergo not keeping his memories is completely intentional.

Historical Alex 4 was 14 when he did, which fits Ergo considering Gray (frozen at 15) the older sister.

As for that Pharaoh murder case, I still think no one in the suspect list in the culprit. Until reading this intermission today, I thought the ancient Edelfelt graverobbers took the security key 1000 years ago. But now, with this bit about Ergo's heart reacting weird, I'm assuming that Ptolemy's heart was transplanted to Alex 4 during the Ergo experiment.

US Friend Code
    As for that Pharaoh murder case, I still think no one in the suspect list in the culprit. Until reading this intermission today, I thought the ancient Edelfelt graverobbers took the security key 1000 years ago. But now, with this bit about Ergo's heart reacting weird, I'm assuming that Ptolemy's heart was transplanted to Alex 4 during the Ergo experiment.
    Yeah I can buy this pretty easily. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this where the book ends? The cliffhanger makes it seem like it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Afterword
    Thanks for waiting. This has been Legacy of the Alchemist (1), the 4th volume in The Adventures of Lord El-Melloi II.
    The stage is Alexandria.
    A land almost mandatory to include in a story about Lord El-Melloi II's travels.
    On the Mediterranean coasts, Egypt's and Greece's cultures and histories blended together, and in Type-Moon universe, this land had a great influence in the Mage Association's Atlas Institute. And most relevantly of all, this city is named after a very important hero.
    I believe the cast on this one is very different from any I did before.
    I had a blast writing El-Melloi II's interactions with the Six Sources family members, not to mention Lord Meluastea, the first Clock Tower character I've introduced in a long while.
    And I believe the readers who got to know Sion through FGO were surprised with her portrayal here. To the people who knew her from pre-remake Melty Blood, on the other hand, it might have felt nostalgic.
    Nasu Kinoko told me that in the Case Files/Adventures/stay Night timeline, Sion's personality should be closer to how it was in the older games, with her using her Etherlites. And so I rechecked her appearances in all previous Type-Moon entries. Her dialogue here got the boss' seal of approval, so I hope all Sion lovers out there enjoy it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a personal announcement, if you don't mind.
    My father passed away on June 30th. I wrote about his hospitalization in volume 3's afterword, and as this book is being released so soon after the tragedy, I'm still dealing with a lot of emotions I haven't fully processed.
    Since my childhood, I always had been very proud of having a stage magician and sci-fi/murder mystery researcher as my father.
    He played a huge part in my choice to become a professional writer.
    The Adventures of El-Melloi II was a series I started expecting he would be there to read the final volume.
    We watched Spider Man: No Way Home together a month before his passing and his nostalgic comments from seeing the Green Goblin for the first time in 20 years still echo in my years. I'm sure this comment is one I'll recall again many times, being a source of sadness, longing, and occasionally joy in the years to come.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for the unrelated tangent.
    It's been a hectic year, but I have a new story to write.
    I hope I'll able to keep writing new content until there's nothing left in me that hasn't been externalized.
    The El-Melloi party's journey with Ergo has finally reached its second half.
    Everything is on track for the end of the series.

Last but not least, special thanks to Sakamoto Mineji for these outstanding illustrations, despite how difficult it must have been to balance the designs for the new cast and create the youngest version of Sion yet. To Miwa Kiyomune for providing a lot of material about pharaohs and Alexandria. To Narita Ryougo, for a lot of advice concerning the plot and worldbuilding. To all of Type-Moon, especially Nasu Kinoko and OKSG.
    And of course, to you holding this book.
    See you next time in the winter.

Sanda Makoto, currently reading Robot, by Sanda Kouji

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Sanda made a tweets thread talking about background info when writing the latest volume and the inclusion of Sion and Lord Meluastea on the story
    Didn't get to this one before because these threads of him generally say the same things he said in the afterword, but turns one that's not the case for this one.

Spoiler:
    Since it's been a month since release, here's some behind-the-scenes information about The Adventures of El-Melloi II 4. First, we have Sion here in the cover. As you can guess from her expression and hairstyle, this version of Sion is based on her Etherlite-using self from pre-remake Melty Blood.

For a story set in Egypt and centered around the Atlas Institute, what other guest character could have I picked? I wrote her the way I did because Nasu told me in a discussion that this was what her age and disposition would be like for Case Files and /stay Night. I had a great time checking old games to rediscover her.

Along with Sion, many other Atlas alchemists were present in the story. It's very unusual for so many of them to show up at the same time, so I've entered a hectic cycle of writing and discussion to make sure that I was interpreting the Institute's law right and that my ideas for the Six Sources families (Eltnam included) were valid.

Like it happened for the Clock Tower when I wrote Case Files, I had the Atlas Institute as a mostly blank canvas to run my ideas on, as despite their importance to the Type-Moon universe, we rarely ever had multiple members expressing the differences in their mindsets.

The key point here is that the more I wrote, the more impressed I got at how special Sion was. If you own the first edition or manga version of Melty Blood, reread this book after rereading them and you might make some new discoveries. The world surrounding her is about to get a lot richer, and I hope I can contribute to that at least a little.

And today's other topic is Lord Meluastea. I believe most fans weren't expecting a new Lord to show up here. Although he didn't appear in Case Files, he was alluded to a few times (for example, with how he sent Yvette as a spy to the El-Melloi faction).

While this is his first physical appearance, his existence had been known for longer than most. The town he manages, Rocks Road, is where Clock Tower 2015 is set, meaning it debuted even earlier than El-Melloi II's Slur. In a sense, the
    Meluastea
    Department of Archeology
    is the example case used as the default Clock Tower template in Case Files's production.

That's why I've always been questioning when would be the best occasion to introduce him, and when I came to the concept of excavating ruins with Atlas, my immediate thought is that the rival Clock Tower team needed to be Archeology. His scene nerding out about Iskandar in Alexandria was easily the most fun I had writing this volume.

Naturally, there's a lot Lord Meluastea is still hiding. I'm still in the middle of writing the next volume, but I'm working to get it released this winter. Be a little patient. I'll do everything I can make this journey satisfying.

US Friend Code
    Sad to hear about his dad. I thought he had said things were improving, but I guess they went south again.

If Sion being more like Melty than GO was a Nasu decision, then I wonder what was different between the two different Fate timelines to prompt the change. Zepia's still around in both FSN and FGO.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I’m confused about that too. Until this afterword, I had assumed it was about her age. This is Sion before Zepia picked her up, and 10 years down the line she’d be identical to FGO’s happy Sion. But here Nasu is saying FsN Sion is just like that so now I don’t know anymore.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sanda Makoto, currently reading Robot, by Sanda Kouji
    RIP Sanda's dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Yeah, I’m confused about that too. Until this afterword, I had assumed it was about her age. This is Sion before Zepia picked her up, and 10 years down the line she’d be identical to FGO’s happy Sion. But here Nasu is saying FsN Sion is just like that so now I don’t know anymore.
    Probably hecause even with Zepia's protection, that protection doesn't suddenly make others less wary or unhappy about their life's research potentially able to be easily stolen. So she probably never gained friends.

Also that really is sad to hear about Sanda's dad. RIP.
    Last edited by warellis; September 18th, 2022 at 08:59 PM.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Do we know when it was she happened to catch a glimpse of the Alien God's descent?

Maybe that was enough to convince her to quit Etherlite. Or perhaps it was something Marisbury may have said to her.

My condolences to Sanda about his dad. Losing a parent is a hell of a thing.
    Last edited by Hermitfold; September 19th, 2022 at 08:40 AM.