Page 177 of 287 FirstFirst ... 77127167172175176177178179182187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    djed (bone), tyet (blood), ankh (genitals), wadjet (eye, or soul), atef (feathers, or mind), uraeus (tail, or body)
    Djed - Crudelis obviously
    Tyet - hypothetical blood users
    Atef - Eltnam (nerves = brain = mind)
    Uraeus - hypothetical muscle users (tail = muscle?)

and then the other two
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Maat (Atef) isn't really a symbol of smarts or cunning than she is a goddess of law and order and the like. My impression with Eltnam so far with their vampiric traits and TATARI shenanigans leans more towards Isis (Tyet), which is the goddess of wisdom said to be thousand times smarter than other gods, or something. The Maat more likely is the Atlas equivalent of the Policies. This is still headcanon though, so take this with a pyramid of salt.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I think there is a possibility the god chosen by Atlas may also be Graeco-Egyptian since Atlas also has that aesthetic, so something like Serapis, Hermanubis, Osiris-Dionysus, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Epilogue
    Waver, Gray, Rin and Ergo are in the airport. Gray recaps the new experiences from her first real travel, though without much in terms of new content. Ergo's eaten arm was already regenerated by the end of the fight, but his other wounds took one or two days to heal with Rin's recovery gems, and Waver took even longer to heal from the nausea from all the time they spent on boats. Rin and Gray then leave to go buy souvenirs to their classmates and Svin, as even now, 3 years after his graduation, Svin still regularly visits the El-Melloi Classroom to help the newer students. After all this time, Gray still believes he hates her.

As Waver and Ergo are left alone, Ergo wants to talk about how his theophagic impulses made him want to eat Gray. Waver explains to him that what she has isn't a god, but it's something on a similar scale, and adds that the only advice he can give is "resist the urges". All of them have some urge they're resisting. Ergo later takes a phone call from Lana, telling him all the pirate kids are ok, and that he's still part of the crew, so he's being ordered to come back to them after his travels are over. When asked about how would they would be able to solve the mystery of the eaten gods, Waver explains that they're currently pursuing two questions. The first question is who was the actor performing in the food court. Waver only got involved in this because the actor handed Gray that note at the end of the show, meaning the actor unquestionably wanted Waver to investigate Ergo. And the fact he was performing Sun Wukong vs Nezha is too unsubtle of a hint to be a coincidence, meaning they're likely to get some big answers if they manage to identify and question the actor. The second question is whether or not Waver's planned method to return the gods will work. And it's because of this question that they're taking a plane to Tokyo.

Meanwhile, in the Ryougi residence, Mikiya is outside, watching the moon, vaguely afraid of something. Mana comes out and asks what he's doing, and he answers that he got a letter from Touko for the first time in a very long while. In his hand, he has an envelope addressed to Ryougi Mikiya. A really old envelope, as if it was something she was supposed to have sent in the 80's and forgot.

Afterword (a real translation, not a summary)
    -To question gods.
    -To answer gods.

They are in the cosmos.
    They are over the hills.
    They are flowing in the oceans.
    And... they are in the shape of your hands.

-

Who are you, who got your hands on this story?
    Are you being introduced to Type-Moon's works (famous mostly for the Fate/ series) through this novel, or have you already read all of Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files, the prequel to this series? As its author, I pulled all stops to make this something you could enjoy whatever you answer is.

That being said, I have something to explain specifically to the older fans.
    As the hardcore fans must already know, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files was a story set in the same world as Fate/stay Night. Fate/stay Night is game where you make choices, causing the events to subtly branch out into the Saber Route, Rin Route, or Sakura Route; but as prequel, Case Files could be incorporated to all of these possibilities.
    However, portraying Case Files' future would require selecting one of those routes. This is a choice that would great affect the format of the Holy Grail dismantlement that is bound to happen in Fuyuki City - The Dismantling War, Fate/stay Night's last vestiges.
    For that reason, I talked to FsN author Kinoko Nasu, and we agreed to write imagining an original route that will eventually lead to the Dismantling War. That's not directly related to Adventures' story, but to write certain characters, like Toosaka Rin, who appeared in this book, knowing which route they experienced is a very necessary background. (In our talk, I also asked about many other finer details, like how much of what was said in ALL AROUND TYPE MOON, and obviously, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia could be taken as canon. Huge special thanks to Nasu for all the patience it took to hear me out for so long)

-

Our stage left London, and expanded to the world.
    And with that, the story dedicated to mages has restructured itself into a story centered around the word "gods". In this case, gods are beings of higher status, our history, culture itself, and much more. Even in our modern era, they're still very close to the center of our consciousness.
    How will El-Melloi II interact with them?
    How will Gray, our Watson, confront them?
    Who is our newly created character, Ergo?
    That's what this story is about.
    If I were to assign a genre to it, I'd say it's a literal adventure, with some very few mystery elements.
    An adventure that uses Type-Moon's rich lore to pursue three unconventional whodunits. The word "whodunit" normally means "who is the culprit?", but that's not how it's being used here. I think that's an idea that feels very true to Type-Moon's branding, and really hope you enjoy it.
    Last but not least, special thanks to everyone in the Type-Moon, especially to Kinoko Nasu and OKSG for all the revisions and proofreading, to Kiyomune Miwa for researching even more carefully than he'd do for the stories in London, to Mineji Sakamoto for making illustrations for this entire new series, and to Ryougo Narita for suggesting and personally writing Flat's entire scene.
    And of course, to you for getting your hands on this book.
    See you again, most likely on the summer of 2021.
    Makoto Sanda

PS: I'm currently reading Blue Man: The Man Who Ate God, by Hideyuki Kikuchi. Huge thanks to the author for gladly allowing me to put a reference to his work as this book's subtitle.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    It's kinda sad that no one has properly explained to Gray in 3 years that Svin doesn't hate her. I know it wouldn't be that simple, but still.

As for the rest, I am very interested to see where this all goes, and I hope to read all of it one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Fate/Gods :V

Frankly, I like it, at least since it appears to be separate from the vehicle of the Holy Grail.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Frankly, I like it, at least since it appears to be separate from the vehicle of the Holy Grail.
    you jinxed it
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    you jinxed it
    Shit, I did? Eh, maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I mean, it seems as if Adventures would be exploring the concept of Gods separately from the context of Summoning via a Grail. I could be very wrong.

Hopefully primordial demons would be also in it. Gods and demons

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Is there any info on how many volumes El-Melloi Adventures will be, since Case Files was 10 volumes?

US Friend Code
    Case Files wasn't even supposed to be 10 volumes so any number given will be suspect :V
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I wasn't criticizing it lel, just found it funny to sum it up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Epilogue
    Waver, Gray, Rin and Ergo are in the airport. Gray recaps the new experiences from her first real travel, though without much in terms of new content. Ergo's eaten arm was already regenerated by the end of the fight, but his other wounds took one or two days to heal with Rin's recovery gems, and Waver took even longer to heal from the nausea from all the time they spent on boats. Rin and Gray then leave to go buy souvenirs to their classmates and Svin, as even now, 3 years after his graduation, Svin still regularly visits the El-Melloi Classroom to help the newer students. After all this time, Gray still believes he hates her.

As Waver and Ergo are left alone, Ergo wants to talk about how his theophagic impulses made him want to eat Gray. Waver explains to him that what she has isn't a god, but it's something on a similar scale, and adds that the only advice he can give is "resist the urges". All of them have some urge they're resisting. Ergo later takes a phone call from Lana, telling him all the pirate kids are ok, and that he's still part of the crew, so he's being ordered to come back to them after his travels are over. When asked about how would they would be able to solve the mystery of the eaten gods, Waver explains that they're currently pursuing two questions. The first question is who was the actor performing in the food court. Waver only got involved in this because the actor handed Gray that note at the end of the show, meaning the actor unquestionably wanted Waver to investigate Ergo. And the fact he was performing Sun Wukong vs Nezha is too unsubtle of a hint to be a coincidence, meaning they're likely to get some big answers if they manage to identify and question the actor. The second question is whether or not Waver's planned method to return the gods will work. And it's because of this question that they're taking a plane to Tokyo.

Meanwhile, in the Ryougi residence, Mikiya is outside, watching the moon, vaguely afraid of something. Mana comes out and asks what he's doing, and he answers that he got a letter from Touko for the first time in a very long while. In his hand, he has an envelope addressed to Ryougi Mikiya. A really old envelope, as if it was something she was supposed to have sent in the 80's and forgot.

Afterword (a real translation, not a summary)
    -To question gods.
    -To answer gods.

They are in the cosmos.
    They are over the hills.
    They are flowing in the oceans.
    And... they are in the shape of your hands.

-

Who are you, who got your hands on this story?
    Are you being introduced to Type-Moon's works (famous mostly for the Fate/ series) through this novel, or have you already read all of Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files, the prequel to this series? As its author, I pulled all stops to make this something you could enjoy whatever you answer is.

That being said, I have something to explain specifically to the older fans.
    As the hardcore fans must already know, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files was a story set in the same world as Fate/stay Night. Fate/stay Night is game where you make choices, causing the events to subtly branch out into the Saber Route, Rin Route, or Sakura Route; but as prequel, Case Files could be incorporated to all of these possibilities.
    However, portraying Case Files' future would require selecting one of those routes. This is a choice that would great affect the format of the Holy Grail dismantlement that is bound to happen in Fuyuki City - The Dismantling War, Fate/stay Night's last vestiges.
    For that reason, I talked to FsN author Kinoko Nasu, and we agreed to write imagining an original route that will eventually lead to the Dismantling War. That's not directly related to Adventures' story, but to write certain characters, like Toosaka Rin, who appeared in this book, knowing which route they experienced is a very necessary background. (In our talk, I also asked about many other finer details, like how much of what was said in ALL AROUND TYPE MOON, and obviously, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia could be taken as canon. Huge special thanks to Nasu for all the patience it took to hear me out for so long)

-

Our stage left London, and expanded to the world.
    And with that, the story dedicated to mages has restructured itself into a story centered around the word "gods". In this case, gods are beings of higher status, our history, culture itself, and much more. Even in our modern era, they're still very close to the center of our consciousness.
    How will El-Melloi II interact with them?
    How will Gray, our Watson, confront them?
    Who is our newly created character, Ergo?
    That's what this story is about.
    If I were to assign a genre to it, I'd say it's a literal adventure, with some very few mystery elements.
    An adventure that uses Type-Moon's rich lore to pursue three unconventional whodunits. The word "whodunit" normally means "who is the culprit?", but that's not how it's being used here. I think that's an idea that feels very true to Type-Moon's branding, and really hope you enjoy it.
    Last but not least, special thanks to everyone in the Type-Moon, especially to Kinoko Nasu and OKSG for all the revisions and proofreading, to Kiyomune Miwa for researching even more carefully than he'd do for the stories in London, to Mineji Sakamoto for making illustrations for this entire new series, and to Ryougo Narita for suggesting and personally writing Flat's entire scene.
    And of course, to you for getting your hands on this book.
    See you again, most likely on the summer of 2021.
    Makoto Sanda

PS: I'm currently reading Blue Man: The Man Who Ate God, by Hideyuki Kikuchi. Huge thanks to the author for gladly allowing me to put a reference to his work as this book's subtitle.
    Gray still believing Svin hates her actually depresses me...

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Gray still believing Svin hates her actually depresses me...
    I know, right? Has no one bothered to correct her? El-Melloi should if he cares. I get why no one else would, though.

You'd think Waver or Flat or anyone would've already told her by now that Svin actually likes her. Perhaps too much considering his loneliness.

Svin's entire thing with Beast magecraft potentially causing him to devolve into an animal mentally really was sad.

I don't expect much from Flat, since he's on a whole nother planet mentally, but El-Melloi II, who kinda raised all of them, should have stepped in and said something. Yes, the restraining order was necessary at the time he gave it, but not explaining that Svin at least doesn't hate her despite them constantly interacting? That just seems wrong. Waver would probably be the only one she'd even believe as well.

But has Gray ever even told Waver that she thinks Svin hates her? Waver could just think that she's just really uncomfortable with the animal-like harrasment from Svin, so the restraining order

Fair point. Reines did know, so maybe she mentioned it? Still kinda sad, though.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Reines is the kind of person who wouldn't say anything because she thinks it's funnier that way, or even because she thinks Grey should do that herself.

I can't blame anyone else for not realizing it, because Svin literally calls Grey with a pet name, who would think that she believed he hates her unless she told them?

Was it ever mentioned why Yu never joined Summit Court and became a recluse instead?

That is what I thought about Reines, but I had to keep that possibility in mind.