Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150155158159160
Results 3,181 to 3,193 of 3193

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

  1. #3181
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by sapassde View Post
    I started reading Case Files recently and can someone tell me if there is a version by someone who knows how to use "your" and "you're" correctly?
    Or do I have to power through this aspect? Because as much as I'm liking Case Files this kind of typo never fails to take me out of the experience when done this frequently.
    You either take your shitty fan translation as it is (no offense to TwilightCall) or you sit tight and wait for when, if, there's an official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  2. #3182
    Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    842
    JP Friend Code
    705048162
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'm offended anyways
    The Fourth Order - Long form, Church-centric story. Follows the life of a young knight within the Church, and her personal battle against the heretical.
    My other fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots, except for the above

  3. #3183
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Alternative Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,468
    plz replace all instances of your and you're with ur
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

  4. #3184
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,406
    Y'all pay attention to grammar when you read?
    Last edited by mami-kouga; August 10th, 2020 at 08:35 PM.

  5. #3185
    Quote Originally Posted by sapassde View Post
    I started reading Case Files recently and can someone tell me if there is a version by someone who knows how to use "your" and "you're" correctly?
    Or do I have to power through this aspect? Because as much as I'm liking Case Files this kind of typo never fails to take me out of the experience when done this frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You either take your shitty fan translation as it is (no offense to TwilightCall) or you sit tight and wait for when, if, there's an official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    I'm offended anyways
    It's not even such a big typo and it's only present at the start of v1.

  6. #3186
    Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    842
    JP Friend Code
    705048162
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    plz replace all instances of your and you're with ur
    Actually this is better then my current strategy of just rolling dice
    The Fourth Order - Long form, Church-centric story. Follows the life of a young knight within the Church, and her personal battle against the heretical.
    My other fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots, except for the above

  7. #3187
    The Greatest Cool Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,356
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    If it really bothers you that much you can change the text yourself after downloading the file.

  8. #3188
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    I'm offended anyways
    All fan translations are some degree or variety of shitty

    it's like, a rule of nature or somethin'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Though I don't remember anything glaringly wrong when I read the first couple volumes, if that helps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  9. #3189
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    All fan translations are some degree or variety of shitty

    it's like, a rule of nature or somethin'
    are you even trying
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  10. #3190
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    are you even trying
    Uhhh... no?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not trolling, if that's what you mean. Even the best, most accurate, utterly consistent and context-perfect fan translators can and do have their own quirks and small failings. I spent my formative anime years reading manga retranslated from spanish and straight MTL light novels, I'm by no means hard to please, but there's no shame in admitting "you know what, I'm a fan doing this because I love this thing, I don't care if it's not perfect". Protip, neither are most official translations anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  11. #3191
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,578
    US Friend Code
    326,832,196
    Blog Entries
    1
    What your point? Having understood that no translation work will ever achieve perfect equivalency between languages, you decide to go along with the other asshole and call Twilights's work shitty for no reason whatsoever?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Like, can you not understand the difference between "no translation is perfect" and "that guy complaining about minor typos is right, your work is shit"? A random guy complaining about minor typos was THE moment to make your statement about translations?

  12. #3192
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    What your point? Having understood that no translation work will ever achieve perfect equivalency between languages, you decide to go along with the other asshole and call Twilights's work shitty for no reason whatsoever?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Like, can you not understand the difference between "no translation is perfect" and "that guy complaining about minor typos is right, your work is shit"? A random guy complaining about minor typos was THE moment to make your statement about translations?
    My point is that you're taking this altogether way too seriously (Far more than Twilight, at any rate). Does the fact that I called literally ALL translations shitty not tell you anything?

    - - - Updated - - -

    And where did you see me agree with the guy I told to shut up and wait, anyway?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 11th, 2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  13. #3193
    The Wolf King Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Adventures is coming at the end of the year, and Young Ace mag is gonna held a campaign to get a new short story by Sanda, a new short manga story by the mangaka and color illustrations of the short story by Sakamoto Mineji. You basically have to buy the incoming manga volumes and re-editions of the case files novel


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •