Page 168 of 287 FirstFirst ... 68118158163166167168169170173178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I saw someone who said that Waver plans on quitting his teaching job, is that true?
    Spoiler:
    Yes. He thinks his teaching time is taking too much away from researching a cure for Gray. Since Artoria manifested in HGW5, she no longer ages which is why she still looks 15 when she should be 18.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean, he never really liked it in the first place, so I'd imagine he'd quit at the first opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is if he's still Reines' regent, or if he holds his Lordship or the Faculty of Norwich on his own merits?
    Yes he is still under Reines. In SF, she's almost of age.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yes. He thinks his teaching time is taking too much away from researching a cure for Gray. Since Artoria manifested in HGW5, she no longer ages which is why she still looks 15 when she should be 18.
    Spoiler:
    That's kinda strange, Artoria not aging isn't really a feature of her body, is it? Rather than a "blessing" she got from the sacred swords (or fairies, or Merlin)

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Spoiler:
    That's kinda strange, Artoria not aging isn't really a feature of her body, is it? Rather than a "blessing" she got from the sacred swords (or fairies, or Merlin)
    yeah but Gray has been extensively modified. she is by no means a regular human being

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I guess if the cult wanted to make her as perfect a copy as possible that would include the eternal youth.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    [Poor Gray, to think she got infected by the Saberface cancer so thoroughly she can't even finish puberty ;_;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Spoiler:

Yes he is still under Reines. In SF, she's almost of age.
    That's actually really sweet of him. Waver really is a great guy now, and there's no way Gray wouldn't have a crush on him now.

Also, thanks for that info.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    Wait, so has Gray still not aged by the time of FSF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Pretty sure FSF Gray is described as looking in her early twenties, so either Waver fixes it between stories or Gray never stopped aging at all in SF's world. Waver is still a teacher in SF.
    Last edited by Reign; January 5th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    Pretty sure FSF Gray is described as looking in her early twenties, so either Waver fixes it between stories or Gray never stopped aging at all in SF's world. Waver is still a teacher in SF.
    Spoiler:
    This make me think, if we take Gray's age into acount, except for the whole different timelines issue, FSF and Adventures aren't really apart for many years, a couple at best

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd put my money on
    Case Files (Waver getting over Iskander) -> Adventures (Finding a cure for Gray) -> Dismantlement War
    Since SF (~2009) is after Adventures (2007) there's no problem.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

But Gray wouldn't really look in her early 20s, then, just late teens, though the two do overlap.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rapid magical Rhongo aging I guess?

Sounds plausible to me.

I'd put my money on
    Case Files (Waver getting over Iskander) -> Adventures (Finding a cure for Gray) -> Dismantlement War
    Since SF (~2009) is after Adventures (2007) there's no problem.
    Great 'cause I also want to see more of stuff like Svin and Flat's dynamic. Which makes me wonder if Svin already graduate or we will see him graduate within the series
    Also, in the meta-sense, I love how Sanda started Case Files with Luvia as a guest character, so he decided to start Adventures with Rin. Can't wait to see who else he has in store to cameo in the series, besides you know, the two tease at the end for the next volume

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    They did the whole Svin's graduated but he still comes over to hang out a lot

Waver must be the only teacher whose students come to hang out post-graduation in the Clocktower.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Spoiler:
    Since Gray was being made into Arturia in a sense, does that mean when puberty hits her, it's going to hit like a Mack Truck or something considering older Arturia's curves?

I really do feel bad for our cinnamon roll, considering the attention she'd get if that is the case.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Great 'cause I also want to see more of stuff like Svin and Flat's dynamic. Which makes me wonder if Svin already graduate or we will see him graduate within the series
    Also, in the meta-sense, I love how Sanda started Case Files with Luvia as a guest character, so he decided to start Adventures with Rin. Can't wait to see who else he has in store to cameo in the series, besides you know, the two tease at the end for the next volume
    Case 1: Luvia -> Adventure 1: Rin
    Case 2: Touko -> Adventure 2: Mikiya
    Case 3: Olga -> Adventure 3: Hopefully Kirschtaria
    Case 4: Zepia -> Adventure 4: Uh... Riesbyfe?? Sion would be kinda redundant with FGO already showing what she's like in Fate/ worlds

Chapter 1
    The chapter starts with a small introduction to Singapore, Gray and Waver. After Waver's scheduled lecture, the two share lunch under some exposition on how pirates connect to magecraft because they're both on the underside of society, and there's the sea's significance to magecraft and all. The little private lecture is interrupted by an actor in the food court portraying Sun Wukong's battle against Nezha. At the end of the show, the actor hands Gray a flower and leaves. Gray comments she's happy her professor enjoyed the show, because he didn't seem like he was in the best of moods lately. Waver answers he's been thinking a lot about quitting the El-Melloi Classroom to give himself some time to focus on his own research as a mage. Gray is not satisfied with this reveal, but respects his decision anyways. Waver then finds a note inside the flower Gray got from the Wukong actor. The note says one of his students was kidnapped by pirates, and that he must seek information about the Consultant.

Flash forward to after the events of the prologue. The duo got the Consultant's location from the little pirate mage, and were ready to infiltrate. The plan was to stop their boat a distance away from it, then use reinforcement magecraft on their lungs to hold their breath as they dive to the base. Waver ran out of magical energy partway through. After her professor pathetic magecraft failure and near drowning, Gray is externally very worried about him, but internally more like "seriously, what does this man think he can accomplish by becoming a mage full time?". The duo then sneaks into the base, but trigger a Bounded Field alarm, leading to a fight against Rin. Rin quickly overwhelms Gray with a shower of Gandrs, but can't land the finishing blow because she takes a look at Gray and freezes. Gray doesn't know what that's about, but she takes this chance to counter-attack. She also can't deal the finishing blow because Ergo stops her in midair. Rin notices Waver knocked on the floor and goes "Ergo, that's my teacher, the one I said I wanted to introduce you to".

Rin confesses that she's the Consultant, and says there's no kidnapped student there. The actor's message was either a farce or a misunderstanding. Either way, Waver is very annoyed to know this is the thing Rin has been taking summer vacations for. Gray and Rin introduce themselves to each other. Waver tells Gray to put her hood on when they do, but Gray was already wearing the hood, so she just pulls it further, confused by his request. As Waver’s private pupil, Gray accompanies him to all of his classes, except the ones Rin attends. Rin is the only El-Melloi student who had never seen Gray, so she thought Gray and/or Waver had something against her. Gray also never saw Rin before, but knows she's taking a double degree in Geology and Modern Magecraft like Luvia, and can tell some things about Rins personality by looking at the holes she leaves on the classroom walls. Rin is a student with a pretty high maintenance cost, but her Average One talent makes her worth the price. By the way, Ergo's age is given as "on his late teens", and Rin's as "can't tell if she's already on her twenties or not".

Rin takes them to her place to sit down and talk. Rin argues that her Consultant work is fine by Policies because Singapore is a very superstitious place, and she only screwed up once because Waver came for his lecture and she assumed he was after her, so she rushed to her goal before things went bad. Rin's goal in her Consultant project was finding and salvaging Zheng He's treasure ships. It didn't work but most of what she found was profitable anyways. Just not nearly as much as what she was looking for. And another surprise she found in her salvages was Ergo. She named him Ergo because that's the only word he remembered when she salvaged him. Waver explains Cogito Ergo Sum, but notes that Descartes is a modern philosopher, so that has nothing to do with magecraft. He adds, however, that this concept is the kind of cool name that many mages like to give to their organizations or magecrafts. He raises the Wandering Sea being named Baldanders as an example of that. Rin asks Ergo to make his transparent hands visible so Waver can check them out. Waver doesn't recognize this magecraft, so it's probably nothing from the Clock Tower, and the few of Atlas he's seen before looks even less like that. No one properly names the thing, but Gray silently decides to go with "phantom hands" for her narration. Waver then proceeds to question about his amnesia, since "ergo" was the only word he remembered when Rin found him but now he speaks normally. Ergo explains that he just learns languages as he talks. At this point, he already speaks English, Malay, Tamil, and Chinese. Rin adds that he spoke his first language about half a day after she rescued him, and it was English with a Singaporean accent. Gray recalls that he was speaking with an accent during the fight, but after listening to Waver's Queen's English, Ergo was now already speaking in fluent bloody Bri'ish. Waver asks if his amnesia gives him any impairment in his daily life, and he answers that he sometimes gets hungry. He vaguely recalls having eaten something, but it wasn't enough, so he hungers for more. Waver deduces it has something to do with Yomotsuhegui or Persephone's descent.

Rin's plan to solve the Ergo situation was taking him to the Clock Tower asking Waver to have him as a student in the El-Melloi classroom, which is a really awkward thing for Waver and Gray to hear after their previous conversation. Waver says he'll stay in Rin's base for a few more days. The chapter ends on a non-Gray POV scene of Tangere (the 3,5 meters tall skeleton from the character list page) being awakened from the abyssal zone of the ocean by its creator. The creator is inside something a size bigger than Tangere. This recipient is engraved with the Wandering Sea's crest, and looks like a gold incubator, or a gold casket. The recipient for someone who is yet to be born, and the recipient for someone who is already dead. The creator orders Tangere to into stealth mode and the giant skeleton disappears.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Spoiler:
    Since Gray was being made into Arturia in a sense, does that mean when puberty hits her, it's going to hit like a Mack Truck or something considering older Arturia's curves?
    I'm not sure how much of that is normal Artoria puberty and how much of it is Rhongo's influence. For what it's worth Add should stop Rhongo from influencing Gray like what happened to the Lion King.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    [LMAO like Servant like Master]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3