Page 171 of 287 FirstFirst ... 71121161166169170171172173176181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Also, if Rin's not in a relationship with Shirou but he still followed her to London, and she recalls blasting Herc with a mega jewel spell, it sounds pretty similar to Fate route.

Spoiler:
    It feels similar to the hollow approach. They are probably going to reference stuff from all routes according to what suits the narrative best.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Could just be doing Archer's failed Fate route but Shirou doesn't become Archer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    Also, if Rin's not in a relationship with Shirou but he still followed her to London, and she recalls blasting Herc with a mega jewel spell, it sounds pretty similar to Fate route.
    Spoiler:
    Except she was pretty supportive of Shirou & Saber getting together and sort of gave up her chance there so I wonder what differences there may have been here then.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Spoiler:
    It feels similar to the hollow approach. They are probably going to reference stuff from all routes according to what suits the narrative best.
    Yeah I expect as such too

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    My shipper's heart is a bit sad, but everything else is pretty cool. Ah well, as others said, Sanda is likely playing it safe by going with the Hollow route.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope Shirou v Gilgamesh is somehow referenced. I don't know how or why, but it must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Spoiler:
    Also, Rin really is a softie at heart, taking in all those kids because they wouldn't leave her alone. It's pretty adorable, and I have no doubt Rin would be a good mom if it came to that.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    単純な威力だけなら、現代の魔術師としては最高クラス。相乗された宝石は本来禁呪の領域のはずだが、凛の技 量ならば十分使いこなす。
     直撃を受けた骨の巨人が、初めて大きく揺らいだ。
     だが、なお倒れずに持ちこたえた相手に、凛が瞬きした。
    「どんだけ頑丈なわけ! ヘラクレスだって一回ぐらい死ぬわよ!」
    『魔力の転換とは、面白い性質だ』
     いや、けして無傷などではない。
     骨の巨人の頭部は、派手に抉れていた。剝き出しになった部分には何もなく、ただ空洞だけが空 き、
    ぽっかりと向こう側の青空を覗かせていた。
     そして、動画を逆再生するように穴は収縮して、消滅する。
    It's more vague than that.
    Spoiler:
    She says "Just how sturdy are you? Even Herakles would die about once."
    There are two options
    1. She's remembering based off when she did kill Herc.
    2. She's remembering when her jewels did nothing against Herc and then saying these attack she's using now would do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Spoiler:
    There are two options
    2. She's remembering when her jewels did nothing against Herc and then saying these attack she's using now would do something.
    Phew. I forgive you, Sanda. The lack of Rin x Shirou shipping still makes me slightly sad, though I understand. I just hope we also don't get Shirou x Saber.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, some Shirou x Saber wouldn't be bad if it's related to Gray's condition.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Spoiler:
    There are two options
    Huh. I forget did Rin attack Herc in UBW?

I think she did, but her jewels did jack squat. That, or she attacked Ilya.

Well, even if it's vague it's clear enough it's referencing that part in Fate route though. Also, in the Berserker fight in the UBW VN version, I'm pretty sure Illya never taunts them by saying Berserker true identity so the main cast never learns that Berserker is Herc. That's a Fate/HF thing.

Anyway, ultimately it doesn't matter because of what Sanda says in the afterword.

JP Friend Code
    the main cast never learns that Berserker is Herc. That's a Fate/HF thing.

Well, even if it's vague it's clear enough it's referencing that part in Fate route though. Also, in the Berserker fight in the UBW VN version, I'm pretty sure Illya never taunts them by saying Berserker true identity so the main cast never learns that Berserker is Herc. That's a Fate/HF thing.

Anyway, ultimately it doesn't matter because of what Sanda says in the afterword.
    Wait, I thought Rin referenced Berserker's true identity when discussing allying with Ilya against Caster and her army, saying Berserker has a good matchup against Medea due to their previous affiliation.

Yeah, I forgot it gets handwaved like that. Which is odd because the status page of Herc never gets updated anyway with that new info.

I should check too if Rin actually uses her jewels against Herc in UBW or if that was an ufo UBW only thing. Just for the sake of curiosity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It really amuses me that Archer can spoil everyone's True Names at any moment but practically never does.

Interlude
    Reines is very displeased to read the letter saying Waver won't be back for a few more days. Reines knows that he sent the letter instead of using the phone because she would be able to question him immediately on the phone. She starts worrying that he lost his Lord status out there and doesn't want to tell her. Luvia (already graduated but still hanging around for some reason) jokes that he'd have already ridded himself of his Lord status long ago if he could allow himself to be less responsible. The two discuss Waver's reputation as the Pillaging Lord and agree that hitmen are eagerly waiting for the flood of commissions they'll get the day Waver stops being a Lord. Reines and Luvia connect the dots that both Rin and Waver are in Singapore, but Luvia confirms that Shirou stayed behind to get more used to London. Reines feels a bit sorry for Shirou for all the romcom shenanigans he gets roped into. She reminds Luvia of the events of Hollow Ataraxia's Fem's Casa scene, confirming that's a thing that actually happened.

And then Flat opens the door and the silly scene gets even sillier. Taiga used her yakuza connections to smuggle Shirou's childhood videogames to his London apartment, and Shirou gave Flat his copy of the first game in the Historical Hero Wars series, so Flat came to play with Waver, since that's the day he was supposed to be back. Flat reminds Reines of Rin's request not to let Luvia know that Taiga exists, because Luvia could bribe her for Shirou intel, but stops mid-sentence upon noticing that Luvia is right there. Luvia threatens him with a Gandr, but Flat makes 3 shadow clones, surrounding Luvia from all 4 directions. He tries to play the "haha, guess who's the real one" deal, but Luvia easily figures out that the real one is the one that's running for the exit door. She takes down all the clones with a lariat that reminded Flat of Mike Haggar from Final Fight.

While the other two are being silly, Reines is seriously observing the slapstick and musing on it as a sign of how much the El-Melloi Classroom changed since Waver got in charge. She also worries about Gray's condition. Most students couldn't notice she's not aging because they generally graduate at the end of their 4th year, but the longer it passes, the more people start suspecting something, even if none of them comment on it. Reines thinks about Waver's attitude toward Gray and comments that she doesn't mind seeing him struggling and indecisive, but couldn't stand to see him grieving. She sincerely hopes he didn't get himself involved in another weird case. The interlude ends on her phone starting to ring.

Of course he won't. He has a plan.

Also, glad Taiga is in this. Is she aware of the magecraft around her?

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Oh wow this is the Van-Fem cruise world after huh. Luvia route real.

It's hard to imagine Shirou playing video games
    Last edited by Reign; January 16th, 2021 at 06:34 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Gamer Shirou once again confirmed, he saw stats for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    英雄史大戦 or as I have coined and minted, Heroes of History: Grand Offensive, is an online arcade card game originating from Fate School Life and is the core of multiple arcs, including the newest collab with GO, Himuro March Fuyuki Game Over.
    It is Fate Duel Monsters in the world of Fate.

The rules are quite extensively explained. Each hero card is of three classes warrior>rider>archer>warrior. They have attack and defense points from 1 to 10. And a special ability/effect which is just a NP. Using a special ability costs "morale" which is obtained by attacking or defending. Combos and synergies of multiple cards (Shinji's Knights of Round formation above) exist.
    Post HGW 5, the rules have been updated to include costs for each card (like in Battle City). This version of the game is known as Heroes of History:Grand Offensive - Grand Order.
    In School Life all of the Fuyuki gang (minus Shirou) and Waver are players.
    Like in Duel Monsters, characters have themed decks, Ayako previously having an American deck with the likes of Billy the Kid, Tesla, Tom Sawyer etc to now an Ikemen deck with Andreas Stihl and Mehmed II
    In the spinoff collab with GO, because of the singularity, players also have companion cards like in GX. Issei's companion is MHXA, and Marble Macintosh's is Mecha Eli.
    Spoiler:
    What Flat got from Taiga was the prototype offline version of the game. Where Shirou got that from is an interesting question. Shinji? Taiga? Part of the storehouse junk? As we can see with this and the Herc comment, Sanda is (trying) to go full Narita.
    Last edited by You; January 16th, 2021 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.