Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'm not sure I like the multiple Quirks thing either. It sounds like too many bad MHA fanfic ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Honestly surprised the 5th match is continuing.

Can't say I'm a fan of Deku going Code:Breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Admittedly, this twist had been hinted at for a while.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like this development, One for All always conflicted with part of Deku's character to me. It fits very well the hero side but doesn't fit at all the strategist side, having multiple abilities could remedy that.

My only worries are (1) that giving him more tools may result in less situation involving team efforts (though I trust Horikoshi wouldn't do this) and (2) that the guy mentioned his ability is much stronger than it was originally, I would rather see a set of versatile but weak abilities, he has enough strength in OfA alone.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I like this development, One for All always conflicted with part of Deku's character to me. It fits very well the hero side but doesn't fit at all the strategist side, having multiple abilities could remedy that.

My only worries are (1) that giving him more tools may result in less situation involving team efforts (though I trust Horikoshi wouldn't do this) and (2) that the guy mentioned his ability is much stronger than it was originally, I would rather see a set of versatile but weak abilities, he has enough strength in OfA alone.
    Considering All Might was the Number 1 Hero for many years with just cookie cutter Super Strength, it'll be overkill no matter what. Also, as the Black Whip guy said, all the Quirks will be strengthened by OfA.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, as the Black Whip guy said, all the Quirks will be strengthened by OfA.
    Which is why I said I'm worried abou that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It seems appropriate, though, if he's going to fight All For One - or, as seems more probable to me, a Shigaraki who somehow inherits All For One.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Considering All Might was the Number 1 Hero for many years with just cookie cutter Super Strength, it'll be overkill no matter what. Also, as the Black Whip guy said, all the Quirks will be strengthened by OfA.
    Well that may be so, but one thing to point out that there is a big difference between All Might and Deku, that is Deku is having a very hard time getting accustomed with One for Alls power, something which All Might never had trouble with. So while Deku is able to have more abilities then All Might can, All Might is still exceptional given the fact that he had no drawbacks with OfAs power, which is something Deku has plenty to deal with, especially now that his emotions now can have an effect on his power. From what I can see, Deku being given more quirks gives him more potential for growth and control given how much One for All puts a strain on him.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Also is it a guilty pleasure that student I like and expect most from is Monoma? I feel like it is but w°°w

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, Monoma is great.

For me, Monoma is the one I want to punch in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well that may be so, but one thing to point out that there is a big difference between All Might and Deku, that is Deku is having a very hard time getting accustomed with One for Alls power, something which All Might never had trouble with. So while Deku is able to have more abilities then All Might can, All Might is still exceptional given the fact that he had no drawbacks with OfAs power, which is something Deku has plenty to deal with, especially now that his emotions now can have an effect on his power. From what I can see, Deku being given more quirks gives him more potential for growth and control given how much One for All puts a strain on him.
    However, that assumes Deku doesn't reach his 100% because if he does, he will be guaranteed stronger than All Might. Adding in the other Quirks strengthened by the original Quirk, and it gets quite busted. However, I do agree it will take Deku a longass time to get there, and there will be numerous complications and roadblocks along the way, probably enough to keep things interesting. In addition, there's no way he can fully keep One for All a secret anymore once the whole multiple quirks thing becomes evident.

TBH, my real hostility towards the idea mostly stemmed from it sounding like several awful Deku harem fics I've seen around.

US Friend Code
    Hm while Deku could get a accustomed with 100% eventually I dont think it will be ever be safe for him. Remember he has already nearly crippled his arm, that is most certainly not going away. And yeah he will become stronger then All Might eventually but that is the point no, every wielder of One for All becomes greater then before, in any case from what we seen of his limit I dont think his physical abilities can go over from what All Might has already accomplished, if he did he will have to say goodbye to a limb.

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Hm while Deku could get a accustomed with 100% eventually I dont think it will be ever be safe for him. Remember he has already nearly crippled his arm, that is most certainly not going away. And yeah he will become stronger then All Might eventually but that is the point no, every wielder of One for All becomes greater then before, in any case from what we seen of his limit I dont think his physical abilities can go over from what All Might has already accomplished, if he did he will have to say goodbye to a limb.
    Interesting perspective. Personally, I've always assumed that once he gets to 100%, he will be able to stabilize it at some point. Besides, he's still growing, so his limits now probably aren't indicative of his limits in the future, even if he is no prodigy like All Might was.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I don't like it because having multiple abilities to pick and choose from breaks up the dynamic that Deku has with other characters who're honing and exploring news ways to use the Quirk they've always only had to work with. Feels unnatural all of a sudden.
    Last edited by Bobin; January 22nd, 2019 at 10:23 PM.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    I don't like it because having multiple abilities to pick and choose from breaks up the dynamic that Deku has with other characters who're honing and exploring news ways to use the Quirk they've always only had to work with. Feels unnatural all of a sudden.
    I agree, but I'll just wait and see how Horikoshi pulls it off. In any case, OfA and AfO have always been unnatural in the setting and broke most of the established rules, mainly by having a metaphysical component other Quirks lack.

holy hell
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

So we see Deku making use of Black Whip not too long after he tried to avoid using the base Quirk, Ashido and Mineta actually forming quite the deadly combo and Mineta actually proving his smarts this time, and Shinsou has really picked up stuff from Midoriya. Finally, Monoma was being a little shit yet again and got grappled by Uraraka. I wonder what would have happened had he actually copied One For All...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think he did, you can see Full Cowl marks on his skin. I imagined it only copied base OfA though, as in "you can pass on power", and not any of the other Quirks or the power already stockpiled on Deku.

Great chapter. Deku using his new quirk effectively so goddamn soon is weird but the rest was great.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I think he did, you can see Full Cowl marks on his skin. I imagined it only copied base OfA though, as in "you can pass on power", and not any of the other Quirks or the power already stockpiled on Deku.

Great chapter. Deku using his new quirk effectively so goddamn soon is weird but the rest was great.
    The predecessor did state Deku was lucky that he was the first one the latter met and that his Quirk was the first Deku encountered, so there is that. The other Quirks are likely more difficult to master.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I can’t see how this 6 bonus quirks lmao thing could end up as anything but an absolute trainwreck and total overkill with how powerful just his base quirk is. Bakugou and Todoroki will be eating dust the rest of their lives.

Although I can’t deny that it’s entertaining seeing shounen enthusiasts on twitter lose their mind over their golden boy of hard work transforming into the dreaded asspull MC overnight.