Page 153 of 301 FirstFirst ... 53103143148151152153154155158163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    If it isn't out yet when you finish, play Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
    Suprisingly good taste, I myself am playing it right now.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pffff, midnight channel naoto has overly long sleeves
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    She is not a big boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I would have played it first so you didn't have to deal with the soul crushing regression in game systems and general user friendliness.
    If he plays P3P instead it won't be much of a downgrade at least...?

Blog Entries
    Mitsuru heal me I'm dying

marin FUCKING Karin!!!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Never happened to me in the answer now that I think about it

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Doesn't the version with the answer also offer party control?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Mitsuru heal me I'm dying

marin FUCKING Karin!!!
    This is supported by Arena as the actual way team P3 behaves though.

First action when in an unknown situation: Split up, every man and woman for themselves!
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Also playing P3 first lets you fully appreciate how the P4 final boss sequence is literally a not as good copy-paste of the P3 final boss.
    Spoiler:
    The tossing away the glasses part was the only special thing that was nice. Otherwise, yeah, copy-paste.

We didn't even get good music like Burn My Dread -Last Battle Edition-!

So uh, finished Yamato route.

Polaris seems pretty on board with world of power as she literally puts it and Yamato as well. In fact, it's shown that she isn't really hurt by your attack as she can reform seamlessly. Admin OP, and really just her showing some respect for humanity to allow a wish. Does the admonition of how such a world will eventually overcome our party as they will grow weak. Course, Yamato is dandy with that, being a man of principles. Both give up a hip hip hooray for natural selection (seriously) and Polaris outright says the weak will be eliminated due to such a world aaaaaand there's no objection.

New world order leads to ... exactly where you left off. Cities in ruins and demons amok.

Starving politician begging a JP's member for some food. Politician tries to curry favor by promising to use connections for agent's benefit while JP's threatens him until doctor and Keita come along. Agent gets threatened himself and backs off.

When politician meekly asks for some food, doctor goes nope. When asked why, literally calls him trash and tells him to go kill himself where it won't be a mess for others. "What about the sanctity of life?!" Doc pretty much goes "LOL, I don't care" and leaves him while Keita actually doesn't do anything. Like at all.

Promotion scene comes up. Fumi's doing whatever on computer while Ikeda is now a lieutenant due to his actions the Polaris war. Message that previous CO is now dismissed and Ikeda in command. Flustered captain while Ikeda goes on to mention that there should be a punishment for the incompetence of said captain that got men killed. Gives him a head start before he gets hunted down.

Captain runs screaming like a bitch while Ikeda literally laughs maniacally. And fucking Fumi is just typing away not giving a single shit about the whole thing.

Now to group of survivors. They're trying to get to a camp of some kind to take shelter from marauding demons. Group is pretty diverse and scared. They uh, don't try to do anything unless their leader comes back. Who does and is the little kid. Little guy comes up with pretty good strategy to keep them alive and take the risk of moving forward. So good example of the weak banding together while deferring to the competence of said leader.

And that's pretty much it before it goes on a narration scroll of how there are no more advantages of birth and breeding, pure meritocracy baby, humanity rebuilding, and how naturally, the ones on top are Yamato Hotsuin and his crew. For now.

Okay. Um, here's my breakdown.

I am not gonna accuse anyone of saying this was the best DeSu 2 ending, because I don't remember previous conversations actually having anyone saying that. Just that Ronaldo is worse, which I am inclined to believe.

That said, Jesus Christ. At least free will is a little more respected in this ending where at the least the disadvantaged and weak can still show some compassion and try to work together to survive. Otherwise, HAHA fuck you, go die. Not even making this shit up, literally happens in the ending.

Welp. So there's evidence that a disregard for human life that you deem worthless is actually in play. How much of society does this I don't know but 2/3 is not happy odds.

The world is not so much as reset to its previous form; instead, it's more Polaris backs off, no more Void. You don't see evidence of people that died returning so welp, you can't say that for this ending. So coming right off defeating Polaris leads to a world where it's still wrecked, but since no more aliens and stargod admin coming to fuck you up, humanity can rebuild.

Wow. This was actually .. a different kind of terrible than I thought. No other kind of presentation besides these and text saying the world is now a meritocracy, no more corruption for reals, Yamato the big dawg, and shut up don't fucking question this.

Ahahahaha. I feel like I've been rused, you guys, though I should have really expected this. Man, after all this hype done by you guys for Yamato, Ronaldo better be some pure garbage. Like, I don't know, my feelings right now can be summed up like this:

:/

Dunno how Daichi's route goes down, hope it doesn't get treated like the Run Away Yuzu route. And now I'm really curious what allying with the Anguished One means.

Alcor, I'm sorry, come back to me.

Blog Entries
    Polaris is up for literally anyone's plan for how it'll set up the world's setting.

Also DS2's endings are all kinda weak to be honest, especially coming from DS1.
    Last edited by Siriel; February 12th, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    okay you can say a lot of things about the P4 finale but fuck you, Genesis is great song and changes dynamically with the flow of the battle

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Admin must not care that much, lol. Pretty cool it's the Akashic Records.

@Rodyle: Genesis was good, I'm talking about the song that kicks once you've obtained The World.

Blog Entries
    You mean Izanagi no Okami.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The more I play, the more I feel like I probably would have enjoyed this more as a VN or something

Like, I like most things about it (story and characters and so on) but the actual fighting and dungeon crawling parts just feel tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe I'm underleveled, welp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Also DS2's endings are all kinda weak to be honest, especially coming from DS1.
    Do what all the kings and rulers have done before you- pick between light and dark- or you can try and break the cycle, and find something else entirely.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

マリーの味方
    yakuza 4 came in the mail finally. first time playing a yakuza game, so we'll see how that goes

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    yakuza 4 came in the mail finally. first time playing a yakuza game, so we'll see how that goes
    Yakuza 4 might confuse you at times as it ties many plot threads going back to the first Yakuza game.

Nevertheless it is a great game, hope you enjoy yourself.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

マリーの味方
    currently watching those recaps, so hopefully that helps

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    I have no interest what so ever in dark souls 2.