Page 244 of 301 FirstFirst ... 144194234239242243244245246249254294 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    I knew I was in for a trip when the very first line in the very first cutscene read 日本 as “hinomoto”
    I should have watched more jidaigeki this is hard erryone talks all funny

マリーの味方
    Beat Sekiro. The final fight is definitely my favourite fight of all Soulsborne I've played. It's so goddamn anime.

I still need to do the last ending for its unique bosses, but overall the game was great. Despite my hesitance in the beginning it became more enjoyable the more I played. The combat really started to click around half-way through.

Blog Entries
    So far my experience with combat is mostly just swing swing parry a half second too late eat sword die

Blog Entries
    Oh my God

This Ashina Elite Jinsuke whatshisface is supposed to be one of the easiest minis in the game? Guy's wrecked me almost as many times as the Blazing Bull (who I finally killed, thank God).

It's made even more painful by the fact that I know his tell. There's that little glint just before he does his two-hit iajutsu combo, but I just keep falling for it. This this maddening.

Edit: Jinsuke's dead now. Armored Warrior, too. I'm running around killing monks at Senpou Temple, and I just picked up the Senpou skill tree. Apparently I'm here too early, but I'm having a blast.
    Last edited by Imperial; March 29th, 2019 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Yeah, Sekiro's p neat

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Oh my God

This Ashina Elite Jinsuke whatshisface is supposed to be one of the easiest minis in the game? Guy's wrecked me almost as many times as the Blazing Bull (who I finally killed, thank God).

It's made even more painful by the fact that I know his tell. There's that little glint just before he does his two-hit iajutsu combo, but I just keep falling for it. This this maddening.

Edit: Jinsuke's dead now. Armored Warrior, too. I'm running around killing monks at Senpou Temple, and I just picked up the Senpou skill tree. Apparently I'm here too early, but I'm having a blast.
    That dude is a one-trick pony. Literally just parry his two-hit attack, over and over.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Continuing with Nioh, the second fight against

Tachibana Muneshige

triggered me so much that I uninstalled the game, installed it again after I got some sleep and finally beat him after close to 50 tries.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That dude is a one-trick pony. Literally just parry his two-hit attack, over and over.
    I just dodged right since he always goes for his up down slash and you can get a couple free hits on him each time. In fact, you can even pre-dodge since you know he will always go for it and he'll whiff every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Continuing with Nioh, the second fight against

Tachibana Muneshige

triggered me so much that I uninstalled the game, installed it again after I got some sleep and finally beat him after close to 50 tries.
    Wait until you fight him and Honda in a 2 v 1. Fortunately, Honda's super slow so Tachibana is still the major threat.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Took a brake from Sekiro to play the final FFXV DLC campaign - "Episode Ardyn".

Man, it was a lot of fun. Playing as the villains is always the best feature of any game, especially one as wacky as Ardyn, you can tell the Devs had a lot of fun working on this. A lot of lore that was hinted at in the main game was explored more in-depth and a bunch of cool boss fights. Extremely nice~

The only real downside is that it clearly leads into the aborted DLCs which are now becoming a novel (written by the author of the Nier Automata novel) and now I'll have to buy that to finally see the closing of the XV saga. T_T
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    finished DMC 5

that felt kinda weird

it felt like a mishmash of a lot of thing that didnt quite unify
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    finished DMC 5
    that felt kinda weird
    it felt like a mishmash of a lot of thing that didnt quite unify
    Story or gameplay-wise?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    both

thereare a lot of uhhhh story moments (imo)

and later on dante's gameplay and nero's felt a mishmash of a bunch of things, i actually dont like most button placements and ended up changing them while completely disregarding some playstyle so i can have comfy combos

i dont have any problems with V, but maybe its because im not the best gamer and can only do consistent S with V

tldr still like dmc 3 most
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The writing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is absolute garbage and I can't believe how much people praise this shit. I just finished chapter 7 and it has some of the worst dialogue and characters I've ever seen. The narrative itself is fine, though it definitely could be improved, but every time the characters open their mouth post-chapter 3 I want to kill myself.

The game is still fun though, the combat system is amazing and grinding the affinity charts for blades is incredibly fun, love the game, just wish the writing was better. Oh, and that Pyra didn't exist.

Risk of Rain 2 has been chewing thru most of my time lately. Trying to at least get to the first loop on Monsoon without dying like a monkey on stage 4. I want to kill fast but no attack speed drops makes me sad.

Spoiler:

マリーの味方
    Well, finished the Dark Souls trilogy.

Despite all the infamy surrounding Nameless King / Gael / Midir I think Champion Gundyr was the most difficult boss for me. But that's probably because I didn't bother parrying.

Blog Entries
    Parrying him is basically hardcore bullying so yeah if you dont he is fairly difficult

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Midir isn't so much difficult as he is a marathon, he's one of those fights where you've gotta pace yourself and avoid making a mistake for a long period of time.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Is Gael really all that infamous? He's the last boss sure, but it's not like he's particularly engaging from a combat standpoint

マリーの味方
    I've seen a few lists with Gael / Midir in the same tier as Nameless, sometimes even higher. I'm not really sure that's accurate but I also don't think Nameless was that bad, I think I struggled on more bosses in DS2 than him.

Midir fits along with Friede in bosses I really did not enjoy though. Long bosses are not fun, especially in a case like Friede where the only actual difficult phase is the last one.

Blog Entries
    Gael "slows down in the middle of the jump to track your position" fucking sucks
    it looks very cinematic though i'll give it that