Page 248 of 301 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248249250253258298 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still playing "Yugioh: Duel Links". Maxed out the OG and GX stages and am now making my way through the 5Ds world.

I grew weary of my "Round Table" deck and instead built one based around Yugi's Magnet Warriors which I was going to call "Magnets, How Do They Work?" but godammit the game doesn't give you enough spaces to write that in. So since the deck is incidentally full of rock monsters I wrote in the name "The Geo-Dudes" instead to tickle my funny bone.

I gotta say, as much fun as the game is. Online matches can be a bit tedious as it suffers from "complacent gaming syndrome" where every match I play I keep seeing one of three decks (Red-Eyes, Six Samurai and something else but I've brain farted and can't remember) and they always use the exact same strategies and whatnot. I'm like "guys, there's plenty other archetypes to choose from so switch it up...plz!!!"
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Nice, I recently return to Duel Links too. My old Maskes Hero deck has been rendered useless tho, but maybe it will change with the upcoming Jaden/Yubel event.

JP Friend Code
    My pal told me of a crazy world filled w/ madness & wild tales of Naruto running desert Weebos while redirecting me to Sseth's review of it as he gave me a copy.

And so my "misadventures" in KENSHI began.

Started off w/ a dog companion & went about the basics to get enough money to feed ourselves. Immediately got involved to some hungry bandits messing around town & fighting the very well armed guards & I did what is gonna' be a recurring event in this kind of games; looting & stealing everything from the unconscious losers of whatever fight transpires.

Started mining iron cuz' it trained stats as well as get some sellables & left it at that for a while at 3x speed as I fiddled w/ my phone. Eventually looked back only to see a group of Bandits walking away from us & there's blood everywhere...mostly mine & my dog's. I zoomed in only to see one of them stayed behind to butcher my dog for its meat. Right in front of me.

I wasn't gonna' let them him away with it...but being crippled on both my left arm & leg as well as losing blood wasn't giving me favorable odds of being able to achieve that. I left a trail of blood as I crawled after him w/ my good arm & leg but alas, I eventually bled out. And there was a Slaver caravan coming my way (wouldn't have a good time even if I did survive that).

Post apocalyptic John Wick I was not.

======================================

Another try started me w/ a couple of unlucky pals & everything was going "smoothly" enough. Noticed a group of Goats while we were mining for some raw Uranium & I thought extra meat would be nice so I shot at them w/ my crossbow.

Forgot that numbers meant a lot in this game & there are now around 8-10 angry Goats coming at us. And for some reason or another, there were also a pack of Bone Dogs coming for them that was just out of my sight as I shot their group so now there's a second group of wild animals also coming our way.

Being surrounded by Goats & getting rammed in your legs stun locking you is not fun...my companions felt the same way. Badly battered but seemingly about to survive the ordeal, out comes some Dust Bandits out of nowhere who upon seeing us thought that they haven't' filled their quota of stealing for the day & so decided to fix that.

Brawl continued when another group ends up comes running in to join the fray (hungry bandits, there were a lot of meat around after all).

The Goats won that mad brawl. A few survived & woke up after recovering & walked away from blood bath as the rest of us were either comatose, badly bleeding & crippled or just plain old dying.

So yeah, KENSHI is fun. Hard fun. But I got tired of the lousy starts thinking "I've been living through this world for years but my stats & skills are all rock bottom? Was I a NEET Vault dweller of something?" so I decided to start Modding it to my taste.

I think I've spent as much time tinkering w/ it compared to actually playing through it.

Currently playing a wandering Robot martial artists who flying kicks bandits & such as I test out my mods.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Nice, I recently return to Duel Links too. My old Maskes Hero deck has been rendered useless tho, but maybe it will change with the upcoming Jaden/Yubel event.
    Looks like you got your wish somewhat as with the latest event, Jaden/Yubel's final LV reward is a brand new Masked Hero.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Niceee, but wind element huh, somewhat unusable considering the only wind element Hero available right now is Avian.

Form Change is great tho.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    My pal told me of a crazy world filled w/ madness & wild tales of Naruto running desert Weebos while redirecting me to Sseth's review of it as he gave me a copy.

And so my "misadventures" in KENSHI began.

Started off w/ a dog companion & went about the basics to get enough money to feed ourselves. Immediately got involved to some hungry bandits messing around town & fighting the very well armed guards & I did what is gonna' be a recurring event in this kind of games; looting & stealing everything from the unconscious losers of whatever fight transpires.

Started mining iron cuz' it trained stats as well as get some sellables & left it at that for a while at 3x speed as I fiddled w/ my phone. Eventually looked back only to see a group of Bandits walking away from us & there's blood everywhere...mostly mine & my dog's. I zoomed in only to see one of them stayed behind to butcher my dog for its meat. Right in front of me.

I wasn't gonna' let them him away with it...but being crippled on both my left arm & leg as well as losing blood wasn't giving me favorable odds of being able to achieve that. I left a trail of blood as I crawled after him w/ my good arm & leg but alas, I eventually bled out. And there was a Slaver caravan coming my way (wouldn't have a good time even if I did survive that).

Post apocalyptic John Wick I was not.

Another try started me w/ a couple of unlucky pals & everything was going "smoothly" enough. Noticed a group of Goats while we were mining for some raw Uranium & I thought extra meat would be nice so I shot at them w/ my crossbow.

Forgot that numbers meant a lot in this game & there are now around 8-10 angry Goats coming at us. And for some reason or another, there were also a pack of Bone Dogs coming for them that was just out of my sight as I shot their group so now there's a second group of wild animals also coming our way.

Being surrounded by Goats & getting rammed in your legs stun locking you is not fun...my companions felt the same way. Badly battered but seemingly about to survive the ordeal, out comes some Dust Bandits out of nowhere who upon seeing us thought that they haven't' filled their quota of stealing for the day & so decided to fix that.

Brawl continued when another group ends up comes running in to join the fray (hungry bandits, there were a lot of meat around after all).

The Goats won that mad brawl. A few survived & woke up after recovering & walked away from blood bath as the rest of us were either comatose, badly bleeding & crippled or just plain old dying.

So yeah, KENSHI is fun. Hard fun. But I got tired of the lousy starts thinking "I've been living through this world for years but my stats & skills are all rock bottom? Was I a NEET Vault dweller of something?" so I decided to start Modding it to my taste.

I think I've spent as much time tinkering w/ it compared to actually playing through it.

Currently playing a wandering Robot martial artists who flying kicks bandits & such as I test out my mods.
    Ohh, nice. I've had my eye on Kenshi for a while now, but never could quite justify taking the leap to try it out.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Completed first route of FE Three Houses
    AMAZING ride so far
    i'll put my impressions so far in a spoiler

Spoiler:
    Story is pretty tight until after last few missions where game clearly starts to omit info because it has multiple routes
    gameplay is great
    persona stuff is actually persona 5 levels of quality which is kinda insane when you think about it, support quality is insane at least on Black Eagle side
    and my sides went out of the orbit on the ending slides
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    I REPEAT
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    SITTING UNDER THE TREE
    KISSING
    i guess i'm cucking Hubert on on of my playthroughs
    although i guess he gets edelgard that way?
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTE UNIT

Blog Entries
    I've been replaying Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and the DLC chapters of Muramasa: Rebirth to tide myself over until 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim finally comes out. Base Muramasa is fine, but it really shines in the DLC.

No one does 2D beat-'em-ups quite like Vanillaware.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    AMAZING ride so far

Spoiler:
    Story is pretty tight until after last few missions where game clearly starts to omit info because it has multiple routes
    gameplay is great
    persona stuff is actually persona 5 levels of quality which is kinda insane when you think about it, support quality is insane at least on Black Eagle side
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    I REPEAT
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    SITTING UNDER THE TREE
    KISSING
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTE UNIT
    Oh right, that's out already huh. Can't wait for the next wave of absolutely incomprehensible memes.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Flayn fish

Yes, kind of exactly like that.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Going to start second playthrough now
    second part is going to be a lot of emotional pain, Edelgard is good girl
    but at least i'll be able to save some people

マリーの味方
    Also finished Three Houses, it might be my favourite FE. The world building is a massive step up from Fates. I could easily see them making another game using this world. Overall I think certain story moments weren't executed entirely well but it's still one of the best FE stories. And yeah support conversations were definitely great, I think voice acting + 3d models definitely enhanced them.

Difficulty-wise, this was actually my first FE I've played on Hard on the initial playthrough. It was easier than I expected, the turnwheel is way too forgiving. Never had to reset once.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    AMAZING ride so far

Spoiler:
    gameplay is great
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    I REPEAT
    HUBERT AND BERNADETTA
    SITTING UNDER THE TREE
    KISSING
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTE UNIT
    Paired endings are actually determined by which characters get A support with each other first. I had Hubert x Shamir, Linhardt x Lysithea, Caspar x Petra (otp), and Ferdinand x Dorothea (also cute).

Spoiler:
    I went with Edelgard though tbh I also really liked Flayn, feels bad she leaves when you side with Edelgard.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Been playing Human Revolution, determined not to drop it this time round (mostly because I just grabbed Mankind Divided for 3 quid in a sale and I hate playing sequels first).

I can't stand this janky-arse movement. It's like it was designed by an idiot on a Friday night after everybody else had already done their work and he was just rushing to catch up. Like, Fallout & Elder Scrolls somehow have better movement than this exploration-based RPG. The hacking minigame's normally responsive, but the game becomes retarded sometimes and you go to click the same Capture Node button you've been hitting the entire time, and it drops a Worm on a level bloody 1 hack instead.

Honestly, it's competent at the multiple paths to your objective thing, but it feels very limited at the same time. I'm jumping over a three-meter high concrete wall, or crawling through a vent, or hacking a terminal to get through a back entrance and bypass half the level, and the entire time I'm just thinking "man, this could've been expanded in so many cool ways," or "Dishonored did this way better."
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Paired endings are actually determined by which characters get A support with each other first. I had Hubert x Shamir, Linhardt x Lysithea, Caspar x Petra (otp), and Ferdinand x Dorothea (also cute).
    Yeah i thought its like that but wasnt sure
    I went lesbian romance with Professor and Edelgard
    Also got Caspar Petra and Ferdinand Dorothea
    Linhardt lived and died like a neet he is

i just finished Echoes recently and that concluded my 3ds FE marathon - 1x Awakening Lunatic, 3x Fates Lunatic (given i got btfo'd in Conquest Lunatic which is a shame cuz i'm not fucking replaying it ever), and 1x Echoes hard
    I found Three Houses hard to be actually very enjoyable without being frustrating (tnx time rewind), but thats just one playthrough
    i'll see how it will be on the second one with proper leveling and recruiting because i only got Lysithea in the second part and she mostly was my Stride bot at that point
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; August 1st, 2019 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Been playing Human Revolution, determined not to drop it this time round (mostly because I just grabbed Mankind Divided for 3 quid in a sale and I hate playing sequels first).

I can't stand this janky-arse movement. It's like it was designed by an idiot on a Friday night after everybody else had already done their work and he was just rushing to catch up. Like, Fallout & Elder Scrolls somehow have better movement than this exploration-based RPG. The hacking minigame's normally responsive, but the game becomes retarded sometimes and you go to click the same Capture Node button you've been hitting the entire time, and it drops a Worm on a level bloody 1 hack instead.

Honestly, it's competent at the multiple paths to your objective thing, but it feels very limited at the same time. I'm jumping over a three-meter high concrete wall, or crawling through a vent, or hacking a terminal to get through a back entrance and bypass half the level, and the entire time I'm just thinking "man, this could've been expanded in so many cool ways," or "Dishonored did this way better."
    If it makes you feel better, Mankind Divided expanded on the movement mechanics a lot. Helps that it used bigger, navigable hubs for much of the story rather than self-contained maps.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    If it makes you feel better, Mankind Divided expanded on the movement mechanics a lot. Helps that it used bigger, navigable hubs for much of the story rather than self-contained maps.
    I honestly don't mind the maps, it's just navigating the world that's annoying.

Sprint. Sprint barely goes faster than walking speed. Out of stamina after two seconds. It isn't worth upgrading the sprint function because I don't ever do it in missions, I'm doing the run pacifist.

Do all the missions at once so you don't have to run back through the level all over again. The next step on the main mission is to run back through the entire level all over again. Then back to the beginning to talk to the quest giver. Meanwhile, nothing of note has changed in the level, all the people put to sleep are still asleep and nothing new has spawned. Why am I running all the way back to the quest giver, only to get sent back through the level? On that note, why don't they have a goddamn phone or something, it's a cyberpunk universe why the fuck is Jensen the only one who can talk to somebody without pressing his face against theirs.

All that said, I do like what they're trying to do. It's quite a good experience overall, and I feel like if it had better combat mechanics I'd have a lot of fun doing a murder-allowed playthrough after I was done with pacifist.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Well, to be honest. HR was already kneecapped and bleeding to death for me due to how un-engaging the plot was (especially glaring considering how intelligent the original Deus Ex was). The ending in particular, not to spoil anything was the least RPG-like ending since Mass Effect 3. Any wonkiness in the gameplay (not a fan of the way they differentiated between lethal/nonlethal takedowns and the whole battery system was dumb- seriously, this is 2010+, having to pop consumables like candy to use your fancy abilities LITERALLY BUILT INTO YOUR BODY just won't fly) was purely secondary.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses since release date, and I'm at the point where my units likely shouldn't still be Nobles/Commoners, but still are. Is it a good idea to have them take intermediate class exams without taking beginner class exams, or is there some advantage to doing beginner and then intermediate? Couldn't find a satisfactory answer anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Each class has their own XP bar which gives you skill and/or weapon art, so you might want to fill it before advancing to a new class,
    spending too long in one class wastes your class EXP
    other than that stat growths are combination of native unit growths and class bonuses