Page 274 of 301 FirstFirst ... 174224264269272273274275276279284 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    so remember when I said this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Been playing trails of cold steel 4. Not as good as 2 but pretty fun. Two notable things.

first there is this one event where you and a chosen friend try to make a drink and Laura is some kind of mixology genius. She came up with kind of a creamy nog style drink involving brandy, cream, and egg yolk that I am half tempted to see if I can recreate.
    no, of course you don’t, why would you, that said, I was replaying cold steel and once again came across the "arseid zabaione"

well, I was

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1801.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	14331

So I

Name:	IMG_1802.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	14332

And then

Name:	IMG_1803.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	14333

....Its delicious! just like I thought, sweet, light, and creamy, the raw egg dilutes the brandy so the bite becomes rich and smooth.

By the way I dont know if you absolutely had to but I read a guide which said when making a drink with raw egg let it sit for several minutes so the alcohol kills salmonilla, probably better safe then sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why is Laura blonde?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Oh, because in 4 you have a lot of customization options you can buy in various shops along the way and I thought Laura looked great as a princess knight
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

no, of course you don’t, why would you, that said, I was replaying cold steel and once again came across the "arseid zabaione"

well, I was

So I

And then

....Its delicious! just like I thought, sweet, light, and creamy, the raw egg dilutes the brandy so the bite becomes rich and smooth.

By the way I dont know if you absolutely had to but I read a guide which said when making a drink with raw egg let it sit for several minutes so the alcohol kills salmonilla, probably better safe then sorry!
    I'm no expert, but isn't alcohol with egg and cream basically eggnog?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Been playing trails of cold steel 4. Not as good as 2 but pretty fun. Two notable things.

first there is this one event where you and a chosen friend try to make a drink and Laura is some kind of mixology genius. She came up with kind of a creamy nog style drink involving brandy, cream, and egg yolk that I am half tempted to see if I can recreate.

secondly maaaaaaaaaaan does Alyssa have a bad case of main girlitis. Even more then she usually does
    ?

EDIT: though actually it was more like a brandy flip, but since Laura didn’t have nutmeg she just used sugar

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Playing through Evenicle. So yeah, religion really is brainwashing that people willingly go through (it washes out their desires), just like how alcohol is poison that people willingly ingest, and apparently, that's a good thing. I really need a remaster of SMTIV:A to wash this out (or better yet, I can also wait for Venus Blood Hollow to come out).

So, DMC 5. Fun, I have to admit, even if Vergil beat every last shred of dignity and self-respect out of me by force of Judgement Cut spam. Story was pretty disappointing though, even for the standards of a spectacle fighter.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I always think about playing DMC, but everytime I look at the mechanics I remember that my favourite bit of platinum games is the dodge and punish, not parrys. I love exploting those I-frames and going ham while the enemy is still in their long attack animation going the wrong way.

That's pretty much how I beat the game. You can usually get parries by spamming fast moves at someone's face, but most bosses are immune to those so you have to dodge a lot anyway.
    Overall, the game's quite manageable, although there's kind of a pretty high skill ceiling to the whole thing; I'm by no means a veteran of such games, but I've played a few and it's obvious the game expects you to lab some before you start getting S's in mission ranks. In fact, it's painfully apparent the game was designed to be replayed at least once from the getgo, considering the red orbs you get aren't nearly sufficient to max out everyone's skills and you don't even unlock some of them until you've all but finished the game (literally; Dante gets his last weapon in the penultimate level and Nero doesn't get his final mechanic -which is a gamechanger-until the very last battle). All in all, I had fun with it, as attested by the fact that I marathoned it, but I'm glad I got it on sale; I don't think I'm going to get enough replay value (if I replay it at all) to justify a full AAA pricetag.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 21st, 2021 at 09:51 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    skill ceiling of any 3-4-5 dmc is so high it basically does not exist

Update: Actually I'm gonna replay the whole game with Vergil now so I guess that counts.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I did both Yuito and Kasane's halves of the Scarlet Nexus demo.
    Very nice combos and fluid battle system. Nice variations of follow ups and interesting ways to take down enemies.
    Characters are decent so far. Sad people aren't on this much, Bandai Namco really seems like they want to put effort into this.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    Nice, a thread to rant about games. This is perfect for me.

I'm almost finishing Breath Of Fire III. The story so far wasn't anything spetacular imo but it had some great moments and the music is pretty nice. Now, about the gameplay... If you compare this game and Breath Of Fire II, it kinda feels like III took 2 steps forward and one backwards. It fixed II's absurdly high encounter rate, but now the game's filled with minigames. I mean the first games had a few quirks in some dungeons but here they took that to a whole different level. A few of them are actually nice and kinda reminded me of Zelda puzzles but others are just... No. Especially those where i had to press buttons at JUST the right time or at a VERY specific speed. I think the game would be a lot more enjoyable if some of those were optional.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    Finally finished it, the ending was weird. Why is the Goddess suddenly kind in this game? In the first game i remember she was 100% a evil mischievous beetch, but now she suddenly has emotions? Wtf
    Then one of the characters sacrificed themselves, but it wasn't epic, it was just something like "I have to die here lol" and the others didn't even cry, reply or anything, they just stared menacingly like "k"
    In the end it was revealed the goddess was the sister of one of the characters of the first game but it had zero relevance to the plot
    The final scene was just the final dungeon exploding Metroid style and the MC & Co failing to escape, but they survive anyway because of their thicc plot armor. Then everyone silently stares into the horizon. Seriously, i hope the sequel is better...

Not sure which of the umpteen Pokemon threads actually deals with the games, but I got Ultra Sun last week and have been having a moderate amount of fun despite the game's unceasing attempts to overlevel my team beyond all reasonable standards.
    Seriously, I swapped more than half my starting team for much lower leveled local versions at various points and I'm still approaching an average 20 levels over the story fights (can't really call them gyms, I guess!). Somewhat balanced out by the fact that I swear Guzma's Golisopod does drugs or something.

On the plus side, I got to play around with lots of Pokemon you never really get early in other regions (Zorua, Bagon, Larvitar, Mawile). Pokemon Refresh is Amie done right (though affection tends to make easy battles even easier). First Pokemon game with character customisation I've played, Orange Sunglasses OP (your words can't hurt me these shades are Choice Specs). At risk of repeating myself, I really like the large variety of Pokemon you can catch even super early on, so you can go through the story with your favorites rather than the typical "3 new Pokemans per route, use them or don't". The new SOS battle system is interesting, even if it makes catching certain 'mons (Goomy and Gible in particular if I ever wanted to make a full pseudolegendary team) a dice roll within a dice roll. The region is... alright. I can't lie, much as I like tropical islands the absence of real gyms and the variously silly "test of courage" style trials doesn't really work for me.
    It's not ORAS, but it's still Pokeymanz. Rating pending/10.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 23rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One of my favourite things Pokemon has done in a while is BW making the entire normal game new monsters only and then letting all the others out after the elite four are done. Sad part is that the only two I remember are Zorua and Sandile.

And just to make me feel even worse, BW is 11 years ago and I still think of it as a recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    One of my favourite things Pokemon has done in a while is BW making the entire normal game new monsters only and then letting all the others out after the elite four are done. Sad part is that the only two I remember are Zorua and Sandile.

And just to make me feel even worse, BW is 11 years ago and I still think of it as a recent one.
    ORAS did the same and I have to say I did not appreciate that at all. When i "finish" a route I want it to stay finished, dammit.
    And yeah, I still think of everything post-DP as recent even though they're really not, lol.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; June 26th, 2021 at 02:06 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Neo TWEWY demo is out and I really enjoyed it a ton. I originally wasn't planning on getting the game on day 1 but I might have to now.

Banned
    Blog Entries

well, I was

So I

And then

Served warm or cold?

Banned
    Blog Entries

well, I was

So I

And then

I tried that, too. Quite a kicker, especially given that brandy's alcohol content is double what I'm used to with mead.