Page 278 of 301 FirstFirst ... 178228268273276277278279280283288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That... just validates my point further? They are definitely just as psycho inflexible as the rest of the Hellknight Orders.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, out of curiosity I checked out the demo for the latest Yoko Taro game "Voice of Cards", the one that's basically a Tabletop RPG with cards - and they really go all in on that ascetic as for example when you engage in battle a separate board floats in and hovers above the overworld complete with multiple dice and stuff on it as if the GM really just pulled it out. Speaking of, that was unusual to have no voice acting other than the Narrator/Game Master himself having to do all the dialogue as well. Anyways, the demo itself is somewhat of a small prequel campaign, following a different set of characters on a journey set a little bit before the main plot to give you the gist of the style and gameplay. The only thing that can be a little hit or miss is the character designs...you'll know what I mean if you've seen the fisherman.

Overall I really dig it and for such a reasonable price I'm going to give the full game a whirl.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    So, I managed to rush through "Metroid: Dread" before getting spoiled on anything...not like I really needed to as thinking about it Metroid has never been super plot heavy but whatever.

Anyways, I can see why people are praising it so highly as one of if not the best game in the franchise. It pretty much perfected the 2D formula whilst only carrying over one thing from "Other:M" that being the cool boss finisher interactive cutscene thingy. It's nice that we're finally moving forward past "Fusion" in the timeline after it being this wall for so long. Speaking of Fusion, one of my only complaints about Dread would be that it's a shame they didn't have the Samus soliloquies every time you move to a new area from Fusion, it would have made the emotional plot points hit a bit harder if we could get inside Samus' head more than just the occasional sad or angry close up of her face. The other issue being the final boss was a bit tedious - with four and a half phases it felt like something out of Final Fantasy rather than Metroid.

Regardless, I really enjoyed it and am glad to see that it's selling real well. Hopefully this will revive the franchise proper and Prime 4 will come out before the world ends.

Blog Entries
    How does it stack up world-design wise compared to Super? Is it more linear like Fusion or is it a smorgasbord of non-linear perfection?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    How does it stack up world-design wise compared to Super? Is it more linear like Fusion or is it a smorgasbord of non-linear perfection?
    You can definitely sequence-break in this game and the devs even reward you for it as several bosses have secret ways to insta-kill them in their second phase (some with special cinematics) if you have the required weapon/power-up that you normally wouldn't have otherwise which is a necessity for speedrunning for that 4 hour game completion bonus.
    Last edited by Skull; October 18th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Blog Entries
    So, I got it through less than legal means, and have been playing it for 6 hours I think, but I'm stopping here since I have too much study I've procrastinated and my wrist is starting to hurt. Overall, it's fucking amazing so far. Like Super, but tighter, prettier, with more varied and interesting abilities, better movement, tons of fan service, better QoL, everything, it's fucking amazing. mercurysteam have the secret metroid sauce on the tip of their tongue, and they knew how to use it here, because it's as authentic a metroid experience as you can get. From the insanely crafted shinespark puzzles, to the interactions between mechanics, and how fairly difficult the game is, emphasis on fair, this could very well become my favorite metroid. Just wish they'd gone with squares for each energy tank.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

So, got to try the MHRise demo for the PC recently. The aesthetic is definitely nice, and the graphics don't look that bad (even if they lack World's visual punch), but the real issue is playing on the keyboard went from "an acquired taste" to "forget it", mainly due to the addition of the new traversal mechanics. Also not a fan of how Longsword is now dependant on these new wingfly thingies to work at all, but I suspect that's probably true of all weapons to some degree (only had time to try out the LBG besides that).
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Depends on the weapon, honestly. Two of the ones I really love, HH and GL have great wirebug moves that either deal a shit ton of damage or give you even more damage buffs, but on the other hand CB I never really used them at all. Some of the real crazy stuff comes with the switch skills later in the game, where once you build X amount of a weapon type you can change certain wirebug skills, normal attacks and general weapon properties. Like turning the HH back to the old version, turning the CB into a buzzsaw that build charge as it attacks, and turning the GL into a jet booster.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    So I recently bought and played the newest Record of Lodoss War spinoff game - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. For a Lodoss-skinned Metroidvania, it's decent. And, surprisingly, it seems to be canon! There's a lead in to the newest novel in the game. I didn't even know there was a new novel, considering it's been 15-ish years since the last one, but hey, neat.

The game is only 6-ish hours long, although 100% takes longer. In fact, because of some annoying collection and evil minigame achievements, it could take MUCH longer - although 99% should still only take 20-ish hours. Not sure I'm going to both with the archery minigame, truth be told - it's just too boring and repetitive.

It was nice to see the characters again, even though it's a little sad for those that remember Crystania exists. Good buy on sale for those that remember and like the old Lodoss stuff.

Blog Entries
    Finished Dread. It was great. Exploration wise, waayyyy too linear, mercurysteam's love for Fusion going on a bit too strong. Combat wise, amazing, all around. The only bad thing were the repeated Malek (I think that's how it's spelt) fights, they just got boring and droning, otherwise, superb, Samus handles like a charm, the slide is so fluid, the dash along the space jump, everything just felt within arms reach. Only thing I consistently disliked were the parry timings, because they were way too fucking slow. It's like playing Melty in a 200 ping connection. Overall, I really liked it, but it had its pacing issues regarding the exploration. The game finally opens up only when you get the power bombs, the final ability, and that's when you do the victory lap across the map to get everything, which is the same problem Zero Mission had. I think it's better if you have the character fully kitted out at about 2/3rds of the way in and just stop handing out upgrades and keep on raising the skill floor. The shinespark puzzles were great, but also too easy. I wish there were more. If they kept the combat as it is now and focused on bettering the exploration (AKA made it more like super) for the next game, I think they'd have a new masterpiece. Really liked the game, but it can improve.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Day 90ish without PC, I took to looking around at what games the local internet cafe had available. Started Jedi: Fallen Order on a whim and I have to say, I'm actually finding the game enjoyable quite in spite of myself. When it first came out and I saw some gameplay trailers and the like, I panned it for being just another action-adventure POP/AC clone with a Star Wars skin tacked on (and to an extent I still think it is) but the story actually managed to draw me in, and the gameplay is quite enjoyable even if it's still quite rife with bugs and animation glitches. Really looking forward to getting to that big [SPOILER] fight near the end and finding out how this story actually ends.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait, internet cafe's are still a thing? In 2021?

Arcades are dying all over the place, but net cafe's are still around?

I'm having trouble processing that.

Well, they're definitely not what they were in their heyday, but average internet connections are so shit around here that yes, net cafes are still a thing.

I'm reasonably sure we also still have an arcade downtown, though I haven't been around to check for a few years.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; November 6th, 2021 at 07:31 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Internet cafe's may be deadder than arcades, but they're both clinging on to their bootstraps. I think they'll actually stay alive for a while, just as an even more hardcore hobbyist space, so, if you see one near you, take it with tooth and claw and don't let go.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The thing is I can see arcades as a continued thing, since there's a bunch of things they do really well. Large amounts of prize games, rhythm games that need elaborate setups, fighting game matches without needing to use whatever netcode the company shat out at the last minute. Net cafe's just seemed completly superfluous since almost everyone has an internet capable cell phone on them at all times. Until DH pointed out some places that have such shit internet service that a Cafe would be a better option, I'd never even though of that situation.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I think you should just integrate the two, make the internet cafe part with some souped up pcs with fiber connection and you're good to go.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I finished up Metroid Dread. 100% items found. That was a great game. I think I spent more time on some of those shinespark puzzles than the final boss. Lots of fun going back after grabing the last powwerup and doing map clean up and finding areas/bossfights I had skipped entirely.

Highly recommend.

Finished Fallen Order. 'twas fun, even if I did spoil myself on the last boss. Very disappointing sequel bait ending, but at least we know a sequel IS in the works already so maybe they'll be able to fix it in post, so to speak.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I've been slacking on SMTV to play Hades and I have to say it's unexpectedly addicting. Though all the RNG is killing me, I got a good build ONE TIME and I lost to some bullshit.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single