Page 3 of 301 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's gonna be a little while before you can travel between bonfires, unfortunately. The Battle axe is pretty good (I don't remember its moveset, is it any good for multiple opponents?), but if you want to use the bastard sword instead, the Claymore is a better version of that weapon, it's back on the bridge with the drake. Longer reach, same moveset, more damage.

Pick up a couple weapons from the blacksmith, see how you like their movesets.

Armour reinforcement is... generally not really a thing I waste too many souls on. Wouldn't recommend it, but then, I don't get hit too often any more. Don't take my advice on that front.
    Last edited by eddyak; December 15th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Thanks man. For reinforcing weapons, my best one is the Battle Axe right now. Should I hold off, reinforce armor, purchase Pike or Bastard Sword?
    Meh, just find a cool shield instead of reinforcing armor.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's not as if there are any cool shields before the Parish.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    My friend does speed runs with his sexy undead body in da nude for all the skeletons, daemons and whatever the fuck orstein and whatever the other guys was called, gawp over the invincibility frames.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Age of Empires 2. The wololos keep saving my ass.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Always worth it for the gameplay and vocations. Though, you usually have to plan ahead on what vocations you level as in order to get the right build for your preferred vocation and play style. Probably one of the best soundtracks, and it doesn't force the story down your throat in the same vein as Skyrim. Albeit the combat is much, much better than Skyrim's.
    DD is fucking amazing. Dragon's Dogma 2 when with Multiplayer

I really love the Warrior Class, I just hope they adjust it so it doesn't fall behind the other Vocations if they make another one, because while it's a fun class to play its dps is pitiful in post-grigori and bitterblack isle gameplay comepared to MA and Assassin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    DD is fucking amazing. Dragon's Dogma 2 when with Multiplayer
    About as likely as PC port I am afraid.

I really love the Warrior Class, I just hope they adjust it so it doesn't fall behind the other Vocations if they make another one, because while it's a fun class to play its dps is pitiful in post-grigori and bitterblack isle gameplay comepared to MA and Assassin.
    Get a magic bowman's ring and then MA is even more ridiculous with Ninefold Bolt.

Blog Entries
    Get a magic bowman's ring and then MA is even more ridiculous with Ninefold Bolt.
    Exactly.

Undead Grigori isn't even a problem at this point if you have this fucking combo.

But I want to be fucking GUTS game.

Also they've been hinting a DD2 recently,but I'm not hoping for anything

Blog Entries
    Payday 2

Pretty much agree with the silly Jak, mechanics need work and the harder difficulties just turn the enemies into bullet sponges, with the exception of an increase of "Damn Spiders" type enemies, but Goddamn if it isn't fun when you manage to steal every painting from gallery that is full of guards without anyone even noticing. And that thrill when your stealth heist is about to go to shit (Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, fuck, fuck, fuck) and you manage to save it at the last second is unbeatable.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Got it during the Summer sale for cheap figuring I was gonna try it despite everyone telling me it's the exact same thing as Arkham City, and that criticism holds. it is Arkham city all over again, however, it just goes to show how good those games are that when they hand them over to the bechwarmers they still managed to pull out an entertaining product, however, the one thing that keeps me coming back is the challenge rooms, cause dammit if the batman combat isn't satisfying as all hell.

Shadow of Mordor

This is the new fresh game on my plate atm, and it's been excellent, it has a lot of pieces from other games (Batman combat, AssCreed parkour, etc) and mixes them in just the right way to make a great game about sneaking around killing your way thru Sauron's ranks as you take out captains and warchiefs of the orc army left and right, and these enemies have weaknesses (fear of something, or just a weakness to arrows) ans well as strengths (IE some enemies cannot be stealth killed) all of this coupled with your ability to engineer situations that negate those strengths and allow you to exploit their weaknesses are what makes the game so fun in the first place, and if someone escapes or kills you, when you come back for more, they'll remember you and taunt you, or talk big until they see that they're about to die again and run away like little bitches.

Only weakness of the game is that it's very easy to find yourself in situations where a lot of captains show up, and since they're hard enemies to take care of, it just makes a combat scene where you might be taking care of 2 captains at once, and then another one shows up, and then another, and then another, until you're dealing with about 40-50+ enemies on the screen at once (AKA: you're fucked) other than that, great game, pick it up if you like LOTR.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

been playing Bindings of Isaac Rebirth,the new items and challenges and bosses are quite frustratingly fun

Still playing my first run of CK2, goddamn does the time go slowly.

Counter Strike because I get really bored and want to kill time.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's gonna be a little while before you can travel between bonfires, unfortunately. The Battle axe is pretty good (I don't remember its moveset, is it any good for multiple opponents?), but if you want to use the bastard sword instead, the Claymore is a better version of that weapon, it's back on the bridge with the drake. Longer reach, same moveset, more damage.

Pick up a couple weapons from the blacksmith, see how you like their movesets.

Armour reinforcement is... generally not really a thing I waste too many souls on. Wouldn't recommend it, but then, I don't get hit too often any more. Don't take my advice on that front.
    Battle Axe only good one on one. Very close range, slower, and stamina hog. Still, best damage so far against the meatier enemies so I have to be very patient using this and not flail around.

Can't survive the dragon now so I don't think I can get that Claymore. Am looking for a sword that's can do slash/thrust that's better than the Longsword.

Banned
    Reminder to save a Slab so you can get that +5 Crystal Zweihander.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Battle Axe only good one on one. Very close range, slower, and stamina hog. Still, best damage so far against the meatier enemies so I have to be very patient using this and not flail around.

Can't survive the dragon now so I don't think I can get that Claymore. Am looking for a sword that's can do slash/thrust that's better than the Longsword.
    Yeah, you've gotta be better at the game when you have a slower and more awkward weapon. Try out the others- longsword, broadsword, et cetera, see if you like faster attack speed with less damage, or vice versa.

You don't need to survive the drake to get the claymore. Depends whether you've tried attacking it, or chopped its tail off or whatever, but you can run out from the shrine bit, grab the claymore and the other item, and maybe get shot by two crossbow guys while the spearman circles you menacingly. I don't think it hates you quite that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    The hell would anyone want a crystal Zwei for? That thing'd break after two freaking hits.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    nice meme

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Always worth it for the gameplay and vocations. Though, you usually have to plan ahead on what vocations you level as in order to get the right build for your preferred vocation and play style. Probably one of the best soundtracks, and it doesn't force the story down your throat in the same vein as Skyrim. Albeit the combat is much, much better than Skyrim's.
    oh man, I totally forgot about that game.

When it became free on PS+ I instantly lost 30+ hours of my life to it. The combat reminds me of Souls games but I liked that it was actually open world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    oh man, I totally forgot about that game.

When it became free on PS+ I instantly lost 30+ hours of my life to it. The combat reminds me of Souls games but I liked that it was actually open world.
    The Post-Main Story gameplay is where it really gets fun. Really DD was like Dark Souls mixed in with Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter.

Bitterblack Isle is masochistic but so good. That feeling when you finally kill Death and get good loot is so satisfying.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't even that far in the story. I just ran around exploring randomly like I did in Skyrim. I found my way into some areas that were waaaay too strong for me but I like that.

Blog Entries
    Gransys was so huge. I remember when I found my first Dragonkin in the forest north of the Stonehenge-like area in South Gransys with a Golem. It was exciting and terrifying.

JP Friend Code
    Just finished Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride a while ago & chose Nera/Flora. It was my first DQ game & the whole journey/adventure from childhood to adulthood & even parenthood was pretty nifty. It was also cool that you can interact & hear various things from your party members throughout the game w/ just about anything in world.

The whole pregnancy thing was kinda' surprising (yeah I'm slow, took me a while before I went "Waaaiiiit...your not pregnant are you?). Even more so when I got back from a short side quest & found out the kids were just born (I was like "Wha-? How long was I gone!?")

------

Also just finished Dragon Age Origins, the last battles were pretty nice. It was pretty fun.
    Spoiler:

Though the golem Shale had seen better days...(some glitch turned her/it to a talking, sparking pile of metal junk art)

I got the whole Dark Ritual ending, just began the Witch Hunt & started to collect a new scooby gang of 'misfits' (currently...looking at books. Exciting). Now I named the Dog "Barkspawn" (It's my dog's child in my head canon).

------

I've kinda' stopped playing Suikoden 3 for a while cuz' I got distracted by other stuff again. I think I'm at the part where all 3 protagonist are about to gather in the Flame Champion's grave. (I'll never get to Suikoden 5 & Tierkreis at this rate).