Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I want one that isn't Runescape.
    Dofus? Wakfu? Mabinogi?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    I got the whole Dark Ritual ending, just began the Witch Hunt & started to collect a new scooby gang of 'misfits' (currently...looking at books. Exciting). Now I named the Dog "Barkspawn" (It's my dog's child in my head canon).
    Yeah it is boring (put it on Easy and run through it). It is recommended because it is the final chapter of Origins.

Wardens who romanced Morrigan and agreed to her deal will probably get the most out of it.

JP Friend Code
    I see, gonna' finish this quick to jump to DA2 to prance around stabbing stuff as FemHawke.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I honestly don't know how anyone stands playing those games. It feels like an MMO, only you're playing it alone.
    Mm, I can see why one can see that (I have no patience for MMO's anymore myself) but it's just pretty much any other J/RPG game with the whole ATK-MAG-ITM, "your the chosen one to save the world" thing.

At least it doesn't make me collect '12 Mosquito Teeth' to advance the game and/or outright lie to my face when it says only I can save the kingdom when thousands of others around me w/ flashier armor, ridiculous names & questionable grammar can actually do it better.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finished playing Never Alone.
    The documentaries were cool.
    Controls are pretty sloppy though. Halfway through the game I stopped caring and just randomly jumped no matter where the platform was.

I don't get anybody who likes MMOs. They're not games, they're repetitive mundane task simulators. You grind to level whatfuckingever, and only then do you get to actually play the game. It's ridiculous.
    For what it's worth, FFXIV:ARR is the exact opposite of this. You have to run around talking to NPCs and killing ladybugs for like an hour, then the story starts kicking up and you start doing dungeons and fighting classic Final Fantasy bosses and summons. If you play for a few hours every day, you can reach the current max level and finish the story in about a week. They even make it so you don't have to grind past endgame stuff, each major update they add ways to catch up to current endgame super fast for new players. It's actually a bit too casual, in my opinion. But it seems to have hit that sweet spot of "MMO-y enough" for most people.

Also Dragon Age is nothing like a MMO you fool. WRPG =/= MMO.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's extremely MMO-ish. It has the same control scheme, it plays like an MMO, with CLICK ON GUY TO CONTINUOUSLY ATTACK INEFFECTUALLY AND OCCASIONALLY HIT BUTTONS FOR SPELLS.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Inquisition's actually somewhat real-timey action now though. There are lines of effect, attack timing, real range, actual reacting to getting hit by things, etc.

Blog Entries
    stop having friendly fire off nerd

EDIT:

wait now i'm confused about how friendly fire option works. sometimes having the option on lets you hit friendlies, but then its the opposite in other games so

wow fuck me im stupid lol
    Last edited by ZidanReign; December 16th, 2014 at 11:47 PM.

マリーの味方
    It's extremely MMO-ish. It has the same control scheme, it plays like an MMO, with CLICK ON GUY TO CONTINUOUSLY ATTACK INEFFECTUALLY AND OCCASIONALLY HIT BUTTONS FOR SPELLS.
    DA:O has an MMO-like combat system, but that's it. DA:O has literally none of that repetitive quests or grinding you have issues with.

On the topic, I still need to finish DA2. The sudden shift into a dumb dialogue wheel with a voiced PC was aggravating coming from DA:O. I like playing greyish characters, but attempting to switch between different "types" of dialogue in DA2 makes your character sound bipolar. Blue = goodie good, purple = cringeworthy "witty" dialogue that makes you sound like an douche, and red = super angry. It's stupid how much the tone of voice changes for each option.

Blog Entries
    I'm tryig to finish Bravely Default in time for next year to get Bravely Second, but grinding is tiring and the Vampire subquest sucks ass.

Banned
    BD just kind of sucks in general. I can't believe how well they hid that shit, all the previews looked good, response was positive by reviewers and the import crowd, even the Demo was fucking fun but no, "hahaha it's repetitive trash and the writing is awful."

Cute art but when is that Yoshida style ever not cute?

Blog Entries
    I mean, Bayonetta did the same "time-travel" thing better. Twice, if I might add. And Bayo 2 was even nominated for GOTY.

What ruined BD for me was repetition, not just the grinding, but of the game in general. I'm still at Chapter 4 and I already know the next four are going to be the death of me.
    Spoiler:
    Ringabel being Alternis was, admittedly, a nice twist, but seeing that trick pulled four times over does not good writing make.
    Now I'm just trudging through it to satisfy my completionist urges.

Blog Entries
    i thought bd had options to tweak all that stuff so it isn't grindy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    i thought bd had options to tweak all that stuff so it isn't grindy
    I should have noted that I'm already playing on Easy.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Catherine (PS3): at first i thought it was meh. But then i played and got addicted on that tower things. A nice experience is to play the nightmares, in a "nightmarish" condition: alone, rainy night, high volume.

TLoZ: OoT/Perfect Dark (N64): i'll play these two forever.

Transistor (PC): <3
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 「 」Shiki View Post
    Catherine (PS3): at first i thought it was meh. But then i played and got addicted on that tower things. A nice experience is to play the nightmares, in a "nightmarish" condition: alone, rainy night, high volume.
    Yeah, despite how weird the game is it's strangely fun and addicting. Too bad I can't convince any of my friends to play it. >_<

Army Men: Air Attack 2

HNNNNGGGG MY CHILDHOOD, this game is awesome, you're a helicopter, you shoot things, they explode, you win. Also, you may be flying, but the controls are streamlined perfectly for this- they forego the vertical controls, having you always a few meters above the ground and adjusted automatically, it's great. Also a co-op game.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max something something probably

How do I even? I'm terrible at this. The AIs are too good. I'll just go back playing Blazblue and Unlimited Codes.

Deus Ex

Lots of outdated mechanics. Pretty good though.

Dragon Age Origins

I sorely wish I can grind. You see the fun of RPGs for other people may be for the tactics and stuff, but for me it's always been "Work your pants off to one-hit kill everyone in the main storyline". It feels so good when you do that.

Team Fortress 2

You kill me so many times, yet why do I love you so!?
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    Demon's Souls

Morion clever rat foe ring +4 dragon crescent axe oneshots everyone I invade at lvl 16

I think i lost 1/17 successive matches

And that was because I was spamming bow while he BSed me
    Last edited by Apple; December 17th, 2014 at 09:11 AM.

Started playing Don't Starve Together with a friend. We are bad at this.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    Deus Ex

Lots of outdated mechanics. Pretty good though.
    How can mechanics be outdated.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.