Page 264 of 301 FirstFirst ... 164214254259262263264265266269274 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    my dark souls savefile got rolled back (old save on steamcloud?), and lost ~80-90% of progress, so i'm not clearing ds anytime soon

installed CoDWW2 and shot some nazis in campaign, it's quite fun
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Blog Entries
    Playing Vall-11 hall-A cyberpunk bartender action right now, a game that I had my eyes on for quite a while, and with the steam summer sale I ended up buying it.
    At first I was REALLY curious about what the hell was this game about ("cyberpunk bartender action"???) and its artstyle seemed really interesting. After playing ~10 hours tho, I must say it's not as good as I expected.
    I've still to see the "action" part. I'm not new to VNs and knew fully that this wasn't really an "action" game, but I miss exactly the "book" type of action. The MC seems kinda bland, I feel like the author -maybe- went a bit overboard with the self-insert. There were some interesting events (even some "action" of sorts) and characters, but not ALL of them were that interesting. Again, the whole game (specially the MC) feel bland until now. Really liked Jill's design tho.
    I also bought Ace Combat 7 in this summer sale (I'm a big fan of the Ace combat series) but still haven't touched it. That FUCKING Rimworld simply DO NOT LET ME GO PLEASE I'VE JUST FINISHED A ~60 HOURS COLONY PLEASE LET ME GO I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE NO NO NO DON'T THROW MORE MODS AT ME I'M TIRED PLEASE LET ME GO
    Damn, seems like Randy will shove his big red steamy mechanoid raid up my poor 2 turrets again...
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    Playing Vall-11 hall-A cyberpunk bartender action right now, a game that I had my eyes on for quite a while, and with the steam summer sale I ended up buying it.
    At first I was REALLY curious about what the hell was this game about ("cyberpunk bartender action"???) and its artstyle seemed really interesting. After playing ~10 hours tho, I must say it's not as good as I expected.
    I've still to see the "action" part. I'm not new to VNs and knew fully that this wasn't really an "action" game, but I miss exactly the "book" type of action. The MC seems kinda bland, I feel like the author -maybe- went a bit overboard with the self-insert. There were some interesting events (even some "action" of sorts) and characters, but not ALL of them were that interesting. Again, the whole game (specially the MC) feel bland until now. Really liked Jill's design tho.
    I also bought Ace Combat 7 in this summer sale (I'm a big fan of the Ace combat series) but still haven't touched it. That FUCKING Rimworld simply DO NOT LET ME GO PLEASE I'VE JUST FINISHED A ~60 HOURS COLONY PLEASE LET ME GO I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE NO NO NO DON'T THROW MORE MODS AT ME I'M TIRED PLEASE LET ME GO
    Damn, seems like Randy will shove his big red steamy mechanoid raid up my poor 2 turrets again...
    There's literally no "action" in the game, it's a VN. The "action" part of the title refers to what you 'll be doing in the game, that being serving drinks and changing lives, not the videogame "action" tag.

Also, considering the game devs were, if memory serves, five Brasilian dudes, I'm really not seeing the "self-insert" part either.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 5th, 2020 at 06:07 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    if you wanted literal cyberpunk action you bought the wrong game, you shouldve gotten Baldr Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Started playing "Pathfinder: Kingmaker".

...I'll be damned, the game is amazing, but Disco Elysium seems to have reawakened something in me, something that had lain dormant for years: my love of good, deep stories in RPGs. Now that my hopes have been rekindled and I no longer believe Planescape: Torment was an irrepetible miracle, I fear I will never be able to enjoy "normal" stories in RPGs ever again.
    Just finished Kingmaker (and coincidentally ran into this post while looking for my old Vallhalla mini-review). I want to say good things about this game but the frustration of having to replay the final chapter THRICE (as well as mod my save file and keep console commands open to troubleshoot on the fly) and still ending up with a companion bugged to high hell kiiiind of soured me on recommending it to anyone. Still bought it, still gonna wait impatiently for the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

I married Nyrissa but she still a bitch tho
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 5th, 2020 at 11:48 PM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    There's literally no "action" in the game, it's a VN. The "action" part of the title refers to what you 'll be doing in the game, that being serving drinks and changing lives, not the videogame "action" tag.

Also, considering the game devs were, if memory serves, five Brasilian dudes, I'm really not seeing the "self-insert" part either.
    As I said the "action" I want is not literal cyberpunk action. I knew it was a VN and I know how VNs work. But even the blandest romance book has some action, like a bit of drama or some kind of difficult situation. I'm not expecting the PEW PEW PEW BOOM type of action.
    Also, self insert isn't only for the authors themselves. They may want to create a MC that the READER can self insert. That's cool and there's nothing wrong with it, but they chose the most bland type of people, maybe they wanted to reach the larger number of "normal" people they could, with something that anyone with a bit of normalcy could see themselves doing. For example, the drama with her ex-girlfriend (that btw is the only notable action there was until now) it seemed interesting, but the way the MC dealt with it was kinda... How do I say, normal? I expected something like "running aimlessly through the streets until morning, hurting herself with self-deprecation until she found herself in a beach of sorts/top of a very tall building and the beautiful sunrise soothing her heart. Then she had a fateful encounter with a wise vagrant or something", but instead she simply went to work as normal and blew off some steam with her friends. Yes, that would be the normal choice, I bet most people would do something like this, but is not what I expect from the MC of a story. It's like all that drama was almost wasted.
    I'm still not finished with the game tho, I might change my opinion when the story reach its climax.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It definitely isn't a drama story in the way you're thinking.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Anyways the REAL ACTION will come tomorrow, when my last summer sale acquisition will arrive.... I finally bought Nekopara. Hehehe I can't wait
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

As I said the "action" I want is not literal cyberpunk action. I knew it was a VN and I know how VNs work. But even the blandest romance book has some action, like a bit of drama or some kind of difficult situation. I'm not expecting the PEW PEW PEW BOOM type of action.
    Also, self insert isn't only for the authors themselves. They may want to create a MC that the READER can self insert. That's cool and there's nothing wrong with it, but they chose the most bland type of people, maybe they wanted to reach the larger number of "normal" people they could, with something that anyone with a bit of normalcy could see themselves doing. For example, the drama with her ex-girlfriend (that btw is the only notable action there was until now) it seemed interesting, but the way the MC dealt with it was kinda... How do I say, normal? I expected something like "running aimlessly through the streets until morning, hurting herself with self-deprecation until she found herself in a beach of sorts/top of a very tall building and the beautiful sunrise soothing her heart. Then she had a fateful encounter with a wise vagrant or something", but instead she simply went to work as normal and blew off some steam with her friends. Yes, that would be the normal choice, I bet most people would do something like this, but is not what I expect from the MC of a story. It's like all that drama was almost wasted.
    I'm still not finished with the game tho, I might change my opinion when the story reach its climax.
    Yeah, you're not going to find that kind of drama here. There's barely a contiguous plot, let alone developments like that. Stuff happens (if you want spoilers click here riots break out all over the city and some of the regulars are obviously affected) but life at the bar goes on. I found it more...realistic this way, personally. And it does tell a good story. Not a super dramatic one- but a good one.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 5th, 2020 at 11:47 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Va-11 Hall-A was amazing, I can't wait for N1RV Ann-A.

You probably shouldn't have allowed your preconceptions of what a drama story is to color your expectations that much, the way the narrative deals with the clients' issues every night should be enough to tell you how this game approaches drama. I find it specially weird that you expected scenes outside of the bar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Va-11 Hall-A was amazing, I can't wait for N1RV Ann-A.

You probably shouldn't have allowed your preconceptions of what a drama story is to color your expectations that much, the way the narrative deals with the clients' issues every night should be enough to tell you how this game approaches drama. I find it specially weird that you expected scenes outside of the bar.
    I used that scene as an example, it doesn't have to be LITERALLY that.
    But now that I've played a bit more I agree with what you said. The way the game develops its narrative and drama is really unique, and I don't think that in a bad way anymore. Still not quite "amazing" tho.
    Again, I'm not giving up on this game and haven't even finished it yet. I might change my opinion soon.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Sukeban Games was founded by Venezuelans.

I don't know enough about South America geopolitics to know if I can say "close enough" without mortally offending anyone, so... hey, at least I got the continent right.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heck, we really are the all same for you gringos, huh?
    Well, to be fair, most of us also only see America as "new york: the country"

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

I'm not American though!
    And no, "all the same" is a bit too much, but if you put me on the spot I'm not sure how many details about each country I could come up with without googling.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    I'm not American though!
    And no, "all the same" is a bit too much, but if you put me on the spot I'm not sure how many details about each country I could come up with without googling.
    It's okay, just a bit of dumb hypocritical humor, I know you are not American.

My knowledge of other countries is also lacking a bit. And to think I wanted to backpack through Europe when I was in college. What a tool.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't know enough about South America geopolitics to know if I can say "close enough" without mortally offending anyone, so... hey, at least I got the continent right.
    Right now the biggest difference is what ideology the corrupt government is hiding behind.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Damn I symphatize with Velvet the entire game
    Spoiler:
    I'm saddddd Velvet at the end seal herself with Innominant forever... Aaaahhhhh.... She know what she's doing and the result.... Yet She still do it at the end... *sob.... Is this mean Velvet will show up too if the nameless Empyrean is revived again?

Note: for who haven't finished it don't open the spoiler tag

Update: Currently playing Ys Lacrimosa of Dana. Pretty standard action RPG but it's so fun. the boss has some annoying mechanics and the dungeon also pretty fun because they are not too long and not frustating. Quest board to increase your camp capability is also pretty good. The dodge mechanic really require timing because it's not just avoid damage, but also make the enemy slow. The game is literally exploration and make a better base
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; July 10th, 2020 at 01:01 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So my Switch's right joycon has been intermittently drifting lately.

Blog Entries
    I never use my joy-cons for anything. They are too tiny for my massive mittens.

Fate / White Memoria