Page 299 of 300 FirstFirst ... 199249289294297298299300 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 5996

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    While I still enjoy Gen 6 and defend it, it's also the last Gen that I enjoyed. I couldn't even tell you if it was because of the XY things that I dislike SM, since I only got an hour into it before I dropped it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    X let me wear cool clothes and take a selfie in front of a doomsday weapon, great game. The commitment to beauty and aesthetics in the region of beauty really struck home for me. Shame I overleveled myself 20 levels by mistake, but hey. I'd feed all of my Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie again in a heartbeat; Sylveon a cute.

- - - Updated - - -

I should probably pick up Sun's postgame at some point, I liked the main game, but it's been so long that I'm completely disconnected. I liked tying the story to Lillie's growth though; that was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3D pokemon killed map design. XY was the first really bad game and ever since we've gotten the worst, poorly balanced corridor simulators with no secrets or surprises of note.
    The only reason Arceus is good and SV is fine is that they finally gave up on trying to do what they once could and are trying something new.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Arceus turned Mount fucking Coronet into a single corridor and I cannot begin to describe the disappointment I felt when I saw that.
    While I can't say I like​ like that game though, I wish more about it was brought to SV. It could've been the start of something better for the franchise.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    Arceus is a strong contender for my favorite game in the series, I loved pretty much everything new it tried and really wish SV had taken more from it.

Other favorite contenders are HGSS, BW, SM, and ORAS. Which one is actually my top varies by mood.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    IMO Pokémon peaked in Gens 3 and 4, with 5 being only slightly below but with loads of potential. Gen 5 felt genuine, the effort was palpable. I miss that energy from the DS era games whenever I play the newer entries.
    I can't say what exactly about Gen 5 rubbed ppl the wrong way, but I'm guessing maybe it was a combination of factors like the more fleshed out narrative reminiscent of a traditional JRPG, the fact you had no access to any previous Pokémon until the postgame, and the de-escalation from "Universe ending entities" to "Regional folkloric legends" in the legendaries. All superficial reasons, yes, but that's my point, people were fucking stupid.

I tend to think back to interviews made on HGSS and ORAS that rly highlight the change in approach ever since XY.
    For HGSS, Morimoto mentioned how he was being questioned about the amount of content they were putting into that game, and he said it wasn't just a remake for him and that he wanted as many people as possible to enjoy the game.
    For ORAS, Masuda said they didn't include the Battle Frontier cuz they thought only a small percentage of players wanted it in the game.

I don't think I need to mention how BDSP went. They went from trying to make a game with as much as possible for everyone to just appeasing to the lowest common denominator. This is why HGSS are the best remakes and, IMO, actually the best entry in the entire franchise.

Even though XY sucked and introduced many of the trends the series would become worse for, it was met with a very positive reception at the time. So the lesson GF took at the time was to double down on those trends. Cut content out, focus only on the most popular features, crank out a release every year, and the games suffer greatly for it.
    I still haven't finished SV. I'm stuck in the midgame. I pick that game up, force myself to play for one hour, and then get so bored I just feel like turning my Switch off. Then I only go back for another session months later. It's so bad not even the fact it's modeled after a place I visit regularly does anything for me. In contrast, if you give me Pokémon Emerald, I'll sweep that bad boy up in one or two sittings.
    You know, I've never given HG/SS a glance, being as OG Silver was my first Pokemon game, but maybe I ought to look into them eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

ORAS will remain the best Pokémon game (to date) for me though.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't get how people like ORAS more than Emerald tbh

US Friend Code
    I like how Emerald balances the two villain teams more, but I liked what ORAS did to expand Hoenn's history a lot, both the ancient stuff with Zinnia and the Mauville corporate conspiracy stuff. I know ">story in Pokemon" and all but the background lore about Sea Mauville, and the stuff it implies about some of the cast, that you can piece together in ORAS by talking to random NPCs or objects is some of the most captivating stuff in the franchise to me.

I never cared about Battle Frontier so its removal didn't bother me.

Also Wally and the rival got a way better deal in ORAS than they did in RSE. And Wally's new theme rocks.
    Last edited by Reign; December 3rd, 2023 at 12:18 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll agree on the music and the final Wally battle. Everything else though, meh.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It was super disappointing to go to the "Battle Frontier" and there's just nothing there. Not even the Battle Tower or Maison, like come on.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    The Battle Maison is there tho. Copy pasted straight trom XY.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Huh, was it? Clip off the second sentence then. I still wish we had five facilities like Platinum.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I like how Emerald balances the two villain teams more, but I liked what ORAS did to expand Hoenn's history a lot, both the ancient stuff with Zinnia and the Mauville corporate conspiracy stuff. I know ">story in Pokemon" and all but the background lore about Sea Mauville, and the stuff it implies about some of the cast, that you can piece together in ORAS by talking to random NPCs or objects is some of the most captivating stuff in the franchise to me.

I never cared about Battle Frontier so its removal didn't bother me.

Also Wally and the rival got a way better deal in ORAS than they did in RSE. And Wally's new theme rocks.
    All this and ORAS just looks a treat. All the improvements of newer gens (like highlighting what Natures do without having to look them up, for example) help, too.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I can't say what exactly about Gen 5 rubbed ppl the wrong way, but I'm guessing maybe it was a combination of factors like the more fleshed out narrative reminiscent of a traditional JRPG, the fact you had no access to any previous Pokémon until the postgame, and the de-escalation from "Universe ending entities" to "Regional folkloric legends" in the legendaries. All superficial reasons, yes, but that's my point, people were fucking stupid.
    My issue with it was the sheer amount of triple and rotation battles. I don't even like double battles, but I can tolerate them. These were just too much for me.

I do agree that HGSS was peak though. I don't even rank Arceus since, while I absolutely love that game, it's a completely different feel. Like Colosseum.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    All this and ORAS just looks a treat. All the improvements of newer gens (like highlighting what Natures do without having to look them up, for example) help, too.
    That is one of the admittedly best things about the newer games. The increased transparency for competitive is a welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    My issue with it was the sheer amount of triple and rotation battles. I don't even like double battles, but I can tolerate them. These were just too much for me.
    Fair.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With all the hype from Alan Wake 2 in the last month, I decided to abandon my half finished Control playthrough and just restart it from scratch. After just having hit the second set of credits, Holy Shit is that a great game. Today I just wanted to hit the big setpiece everyone talks about and the plot just kept building from there in such a way that I just rolled into the ending. The only 3 real complaints I have about the game are it's abrupt ending (things just kind of stop after the last fight, but there's 2 full DLC and all the side content I left, fucking mold), it's random mod drops that mean I'm still rocking early game mods on my main gun because all the big ones are for the the unique guns, and the fact the first real boss no-sells the first power you get, minutes after you get it.

The constantly looping back on themselves levels take my favourite thing in the Souls games and puts it into a system that I actually enjoy playing. I can see why in a year with Disco Elysium, Death Stranding and Sekiro it would get a bit buried, but damn is it a shame.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    With all the hype from Alan Wake 2 in the last month, I decided to abandon my half finished Control playthrough and just restart it from scratch. After just having hit the second set of credits, Holy Shit is that a great game. Today I just wanted to hit the big setpiece everyone talks about and the plot just kept building from there in such a way that I just rolled into the ending. The only 3 real complaints I have about the game are it's abrupt ending (things just kind of stop after the last fight, but there's 2 full DLC and all the side content I left, fucking mold), it's random mod drops that mean I'm still rocking early game mods on my main gun because all the big ones are for the the unique guns, and the fact the first real boss no-sells the first power you get, minutes after you get it.

The constantly looping back on themselves levels take my favourite thing in the Souls games and puts it into a system that I actually enjoy playing. I can see why in a year with Disco Elysium, Death Stranding and Sekiro it would get a bit buried, but damn is it a shame.
    Control was fantastic. The mod system was absolute garbage though, yeah.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Played through Hi-Fi Rush in like, 2 and a half sittings (I didn't bother going back to re-find the secret rooms I'd already found the first time or go through the obvious hidden routes you weren't allowed to access the first time, though, fuck that). Was a decently fun, feel-good game, but I never really felt it kick into that high notch that would make me want to engage with it. The characters were ok but neither original enough to be interesting nor leaning into the clichč hard enough to maybe be entertaining, the visual design was vibrant but not really daring, the music was catchy enough but lacked any real bangers with one notable exception (before that I had to check multiple times I hadn't enabled streamer mode by accident). I can see why it might deserve a couple of awards like best visuals αnd/or best direction, especially with it being an independent production (despite the massive BETHESDA STUDIOS plastered all over it) but I honestly don't see it competing for GOTY at all and it feels pretty overrated for how much hype it seems to have generated. Oh well.

Blog Entries
    I think it's mostly because it's a breath of fresh air. By being the same as games from 20 years ago.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I got the Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection for Christmas and I resisted the urge to play Falzar/Gregar to play the first game. It's pretty fun so far, but kind of bare bones which is understandable considering that, well, it's the first game. It's going to take time to get to not having the systems the later games have though. I keep expected to counter viruses when I attack them first.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs