Page 258 of 301 FirstFirst ... 158208248253256257258259260263268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    digimon world is raw kino

if only the ps4 sequel didnt suck ass. it even had Taiki chara design how could this happen to me

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    (Because apparently I didn't have enough things to waste time in my life) I started a solo run-through of SWTOR with the goal of playing through all the class questlines at least once. So fsr it's been... tolerable, but it really doesn't quite capture that charm and feeling of agency that KOTOR had. Might end up quitting to replay the old games again instead.

Really, why have there been no good Star Wars games since (arguably) TFU?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; April 29th, 2020 at 05:57 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've heard good things about the one that came out last year. Except for it's obvious filler arc of a plot.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didn't mind the plot of Jedi: Fallen order being self-contained. I played Forced unleashed, so I know what happens when a game tries to mess with canon.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Force Unleashed's plot was kind of doomed by the fact that it had to be crammed into a very small period of time and navigate around a lot of events that had already been canonised by that point in time. Given those constraints, I think it delivered an admirable experience. It really captured a bit of that Star Wars movie flair. Its biggest demerit was, in my opinion, the predetermined "you changed nothing" ending, but well; that couldn't really be helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is, from what I hear, the same problem Fallen Order has bumped into, in addition to the bumbling idiot protagonist and his stupid all-in-one lightsaber.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    I've started playing Bloodstained, because I happen to love the old output of a dead company. I really missed that Castlevania-esque experience.

I wonder how many years it will take for me to really miss that good old Metal gear itch...?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Bought Darkest Dungeon from Steam's social distancing bundle a few weeks ago, just "finished" it today on Radiant, yeah, yeah. 10/10 except for the fucking Shambler, that guy can go eat shit and die. Feeling like maybe I should've bought it when my friend kept pestering me to, back when it came out. Now to try all the good mods I can find

Also RIP Reynauld, he died on the intro quest, but then I revived him, but then I dismissed him. OTL

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Bought Darkest Dungeon from Steam's social distancing bundle a few weeks ago, just "finished" it today on Radiant, yeah, yeah.
    Frankly, Radiant Mode is the superior experience. Darkest Dungeon is easily exploitable once you figure out its kinks and has WAY too much grind for its own good. Eventually grinding becomes the same as playing the game on auto-pilot.

Radiant is short and sweet while still being tough. And it gives you much less time to figure out how to exploit the game, unless you are one of those people that love breaking games apart.

At this point you might as well have waited for the sequel which is coming out soon. DD is fun though it gets a little mechanical the more you play and it can feel as though you are going through the motions mostly when the threat is largely eliminated.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    At this point you might as well have waited for the sequel which is coming out soon. DD is fun though it gets a little mechanical the more you play and it can feel as though you are going through the motions mostly when the threat is largely eliminated.
    The threat is always there. Fucking Shambler I swear to god.

I tried it twice and ended up uninstalling it both times soon after.

It's not a bad game, I love its atmosphere and the narrator's voice, but after a point it's basically masochism. "How much do I want RNGesus to fuck me over today?" Except unlike most similar games, RNGesus exists only to fuck you over.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Finished The Last Story the other day. It’s got some neat ideas as far as game mechanics go such as the protagonist gaining the ability to draw agro of the enemies, destroying spell circles for buffs/debuffs, and having some Zelda-esque boss fight mechanics but it was let down by its bland plot, uninteresting characters/character dynamics and frame rate dips. Also don’t know why Uematsu decided to throw what sounds like stock SFX in the final boss track but it was a shot decision.

So as a follow-up, I moved on to playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I can’t tell if I’m somehow playing it wrong and it’s just revealing me for the scrub I am or do like half of your units die of they get so much as sneezed on by the first enemy?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow, this is annoying. All attempts to find information on Mary Skelter 2 keep end up going to information on Mary Skelter Nightmares.

Blog Entries
    Man, I wish I could be good at Darkest Dungeon. I love everything about it, but I'm just not good at it. It reminds me of my relationship with the strat RPG genre as a whole. Fire Emblem, Wargroove, XCOM -- the list goes on. I've lost count of how many team wipes and restarts I suffered in DD.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    You're in for quite a ride. I've always felt TiTS (heh) is far better than ToCS.
    mainlined the first one, gonna let the second one download overnight. Good over all but it did kind of drag at points. Looking forward to the second one. Cold steel the second chapter was the best of the whole series because they did a good job polishing away the parts that needed work. I’m hopeful that 2 TiTS are better then 1, as one might assume would be the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I thought cold steel 2 was one of the worst cases of Falcom Padding™ in the whole series. The game had no business being that long.

Its no secret that cold steel only ended up being as long as it is because falcom had huge difficulties making the jump to the fully 3D graphics.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On a whim I gave the Uncharted 4 DLC story "The Lost Legacy" a whirl and I was surprised how much more I liked it better than the main game.

When I first heard about it I wasn't keen on a Chloe/Nadine story since those two barely had any character prior, but props to the devs for giving it a go and while they didn't make them super deep or anything I at least grew to like them by the end. At the very least, Chloe trying to follow in her dead father's footsteps was more engaging than the Nate/Sam/Elena drama anyways even if people pointed out it skirts a little close to Tomb Raider. I was much more interested in the Ancient City dedicated to the Hindu pantheon than the pirate shenanigans in the main game and Asav was much more threatening than Rafe. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the final boss is the same janky CQC fight that it's always been since U3 and that's just lame.

Overall, would recommend.

Tried Pathfinder:Kingmaker. So far, I'm not liking it.
    I can respect wanting to go "traditional" and follow the tabletop's balancing (including using the optional encumbrance and fatigue mechanics nobody bothers with normally) but if that's how you want to play it then you should balance your encounters around that too. If you're gonna give your giant spiders ability damage poison on every attack that can only be healed with Lesser Restoration or 1 point per 24h rest then the encounter should only have five of them, not fifteen.
    The game isn't exactly difficult... yet... at least not when you know your way around its basic systems (I pity the poor fool who went in with no D&D experience, though), but it IS annoying to slog through. Still, I'm gonna keep going until I get to the kingdom management part, that was my favorite part of vanilla NWN 2 and Pillars (shame they were both more sidegame than actual activities).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 20th, 2020 at 07:51 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    kingmakers weird gamedesign choices are its weakest part, i ditched my first playthrough which was like 2/3's into the story because i did not like how my party turned out
    that and the kingdom management can snowball very hard in not your favor so i suggest at least looking up the basics
    i know a lot of people find kingdom part annoying or uninteresting, which i dont agree with, but its balancing is very much unfun

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, since Assassin's Creed Valhalla is coming out likely by the end of the year I figured I'd play one of the newer games to see if the series still holds up. So I saw Origins on sale and put several hours into it...

Bah, it's a decent rpg game on its own merits but this really isn't AssCreed anymore. I'll probably still get Valhalla because I love me some Vikings but damn if I'm not sad what became of this series.