Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262267270271272
Results 5,421 to 5,422 of 5422

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    Vampyr had the potential to be really good, but in my experience it was just ok. It was lacking something gameplay-wise, and the choices didn't feel like it mattered in the end
    I should clarify that when I said "choices" I didn't mean getting the different endings, but rather interactions with the Citizens of London since there's some cool scenes if you chain certain actions together. For example, if you manage to save the MC's mother but then afterwards kill your butler, he won't be there to stop your mother from succumbing to her dementia and wondering outside at night which causes her to be bitten and turn into a high level optional boss. That's just a simple example of many ripple effects because of the "Social Circles" mechanic.

This is why I mentioned the forced autosave works against the game since you can't experiment to see how your actions affect things and it's not worth sabotaging the ending you want just to see what would happen if you did X action.

But yeah, other than that I agree with you that Vampyr had the potential to be a classic but it was clearly a case of "vision beyond ability" since iirc this was only their second RPG game.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I decided to try the demo for the latest Monster Hunter after it crashed Nintendo's servers when it went live. It's pretty fun, this might be the one that gets me in, even if the lack of a proper lock on button and buried move lists irk me. But smashing the hell out of a giant Badger I found while wondering around with a stone guitar was really satisfying.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers