Page 241 of 301 FirstFirst ... 141191231236239240241242243246251291 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

US Friend Code
    Went on one recently?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I don’t know what’s weirder. The fact that they keep obsessively trying to make some lame kids rides feel bad ass, or that it keeps working
    Depends on the ride. Teacups work, Pirate ship and Carousel too. But Laser Gun and River Raft still feel limp, no matter how much particle effect they tack on.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Laser Gun's at least fairly useful. River Rafter's not worth popping unless stalling for time for MP regen

Blog Entries
    I recently completed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, and I'm doing a victory lap with the DLC. The Bright Lord is an interesting balance of things that make it way harder than the vanilla game (no bullet time when aiming the bow, lower health) but also much easier (everything to do with the Ring of Power).

As much as I've enjoyed the game, it has a bad case of "same-y" in that everything seems to boil down to find/kill/brainwash the Orc Warchiefs. Rinse and repeat a few dozen times. Then again, the Nemesis System gives each one enough flair that it keeps things from dragging as much as they could. It's fun to watch an Orc grow and change as you brainwash it into being one of your Trojan horses steadily climbing the ranks, and it is morbidly fascinating to watch a reoccurring Orc reference your last meeting and have the scars to prove it. I've had rematches with Orcs missing noses, Orcs with gnarly scars, Orcs covered in burns, Orcs with chunks of metal crudely grafted onto their face in the absence of any real medical options, etc.

I'm curious to see what changes in Shadow of War, what remains, etc.

Once I'm done with that little two-parter, I'm going to hop back on that Evil Within train. The first one was the most fun I've had with a game in ages, although it did transition a bit too strongly from stealthy survival horror to action-packed third-person shooter toward the end. The last two chapters amounted to shooting through a small army of goons with some creepy imagery tacked on to remind you it's supposed to be a scary game.

Big shout out to Jackie Earle Haley for absolutely killing it as Ruvik. He's probably too big for video games now, but I would love to hear him do more video game villains.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Tried to play Digimon World ReDigitize Decode.

IDK why, despite supposedly being a Digimon World 1 (which still impress me a year ago I played it again) but better, it fails to impress me.

And I feel really irritated of that for some reason. Frankly, unable to enjoy any new video games these past months...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand why Celeste is so beloved and critically acclaimed. The story really wasn't anything special, and the narrative-through-gameplay that was so praised was either non-existent or basic as fuck for most of it.
    It's a pretty great plataformer though, those 6 hours of fun were worth it, but I doubt I'll go back to find collectables and play the post-game world.

In other, less controversial, news, Hollow Knight is still incredible and I finally beat Pure Vessel. I feel like a God.
    Now to beat it on the pantheon itself...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I'm going to start a playthrough of Dragon Age Origins with the intention of finishing it this time. I love the story and hate the gameplay so I've never finished the game even though I've started it multiple time. Apparently the gameplay improves in subsequent games.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you like cRPGs, you'll enjoy DAO's gameplay. If you prefer action-RPGs, you'll prefer the two sequels. It's basically as simple as that, it's a genre difference. I mostly found Inquisition's gameplay in particular to be a boring lame slog and wished for Origins' back.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I would opine that it's not that DAO's gameplay is old, it's that it really has aged badly.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

マリーの味方
    I love Dragon Age Origins but ngl, the second time I played it I literally just used console commands to kill all enemies whenever the combat got monotonous. It's still the only good Dragon Age though.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The first Onimusha is still a very fun game, but I had forgotten how terrible the fixed camera was! It's not as bad as the one in Legacy of Kain: Defiance, but it's up there.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I would opine that it's not that DAO's gameplay is old, it's that it really has aged badly.
    I'm a person who eats stale onion rings, I don't know the meaning of "aged badly."
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I’ll see your stale onion rings and raise you the three odd day old calamari I just ate out of the fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Living on the edge
    I had some six month old taco meat out of the freezer the other day and even though it was safe to eat it turns out old freezer meat is just the worst

I think it's just that I don't enjoy CRPG's. I find even Divinity Original Sin's combat preferable to this.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’ll see your stale onion rings and raise you the three odd day old calamari I just ate out of the fridge
    Hope your toilet seat is comfy!

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I genuinely like dao gameplay even now

I remember i had soooo much fun setting up the auto for party members action during super specific setting. Seeing them working fkawlessly just feels real awesome for me.
    Last edited by castor212; March 12th, 2019 at 12:29 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I made coffee and srank half a cup of it before I realized that the milk had gone stale. It wasn't even the taste that tipped me off, it was the smell.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished my first runthrough of "Devil May Cry 5".

Man, it was so nostalgic seeing these characters from my childhood return after more than a decade. The game itself wasn't quite the triumphant comeback I was hoping for, but it was still a lot of fun and hopefully it's enough of a success that Capcom will continue the franchise and they'll continue to improve the games.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Started playing Skyrim. So by that I obviously mean a week of mod play testing and finding the right combination to turn all the NPCs into supermodels.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"