Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275280283284285
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 5690

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Okay, I'm through Realm Reborn now. Only three levels over the recommended. I might get to the end of Heavensward without needing to switch classes. Damn was that a boss rush at the end. Turns out it was a mech all along, and we all know who wins in a fight between a doomsday mech and a single fighter on foot. Got to say though, all these one on one battles feels a bit bland when my healer only has a Dot, and AoE and one other attack. The flip side is that I'm a cockroach and just keep healing myself the minute I drop health. Had to laugh at the might makes right villain's dying words about why since I'm so strong why don't I seize power. I'm a healer bro, the only thing i can conquer is bruises. And occasionally death. This end theme is a bop.
    You just beat the Praetorium and you think you're getting into Heavensward next? That's just adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

The post-ARR/pre-HW MSQ line is about twice ws long as ARR itself, if memory serves. Though it does eventually end in a hell of a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 4th, 2022 at 06:08 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mother

Fucker

Guess I've got to figure out what job to level next, since throwing away exp on a capped character would really annoy me.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Lancer/Dragoon does sorta tie into the HW story, if you're into that. I can't speak as to how well it plays at 60 nowadays given ability squishes follow nearly every expansion, but it's generally pretty fun for a melee DPS. You're gonna want a couple classes handy anyway, there is a looooot of content to unlock post-50 in general (hard mode dungeons, hard mode trials, extreme/actually hard mode trials, a raid, a 24-man raid, a dozen new dungeons, bunch of assorted stuff like PotD or treasure hunts or whatever).
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking Marauder/Warrior because tiny dragon girl w/ giant axe is pretty funny. Same reason I kind of want to play a monk. I also want to do jobs outside the forest so I can get rid of all the small fetch quests.

Damn I think this game has it's hooks in me, but I'll bleed it for everything I can before I give in and buy the full version.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I was thinking Marauder/Warrior because tiny dragon girl w/ giant axe is pretty funny. Same reason I kind of want to play a monk. I also want to do jobs outside the forest so I can get rid of all the small fetch quests.

Damn I think this game has it's hooks in me, but I'll bleed it for everything I can before I give in and buy the full version.
    Nothing wrong with that, this is the whole reason the trial is as expansive as it is (and getting bigger every expac).
    I myself haven't played in a couple years or even bought Endwalker yet, I can wait until the game is "over" and still not feel like I'm losing out.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I gave in and picked up the full version of FF14. Surprising even myself the reason wasn't running out story or maxing out too many classes. It was the limited wallet and inventory which did me in. It irked me seeing the "You have hit the gil cap, any excess will be discarded" after every quest and dungeon. My inventory was starting to burst from all the dungeon gear too, even after ditching all the crafting materials I had picked up along the way.

Dungeon gear is generally vendor/disenchant trash too, all endgame* gear is tomestones (unless they decided to radically change the system they've been using since launch in the past year).

*typically only endgame for two patch rotations until the next dungeon and/or tomestone currency comes out (also technically the savage raid stuff is always just a bit better, but that really only matters for parsing... of which the only fights worth parsing competitively in is the savage raids anyway).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 14th, 2022 at 02:27 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm not keeping it for it's stats. I just can't stand getting rid of them when I know I'll need to get it again when I start off a new job at level 1. Might as well keep it around. Plus I really like the look of some of those sets. Except Aurum. That one I keep out of spite.

Getting past the dummy cone (casters) /bdsm leather gear (everyone else) stage in Aurum Vale is a rite of adulthood.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really like the acolytes robes and foestriker sets, but yeah the rest are pretty basic.