View Poll Results: Should future FHA patches contain non-validated content?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 22.06%
  • No

43 63.24%
  • No, but make it compatible with the leaked patches

10 14.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should future FHA patches contain non-validated content

Should future FHA patches contain non-validated content

So we are still kicking even after Hollowgate, Dozenagent has an 80.6% patch he's ready to put out.

Now both GameCreater and I have made efforts to get rid of links to our patches, having them removed from sites and having mods scub links to them on the thread, but the fact does remain that they were put out there so this begs an important question: what do we do for future releases?

On one hand, we can stick with Ranmafan's way of doing it and include only the parts that are validated, but on the other hand, people aren't going to want to play that since they have patches with more content. So the question is, should we put the other 19.4% that's unvalidated into this next release? We could also design the patch in a way where it doesn't have the unvalidated content, but if you put it over one of the leaked patches, it won't override those scenes.

The choice is yours.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I think with the leaked patch, we should try to mainly increase validation levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Don't concern yourselves with HA anymore, it isn't worth it considering most of the neckbeards on 4chins have already acquired and circulated the two patches. Jack, please just focus on RN and forget everything else.

I think we can just wait for the content to be entirely validated. I you really are going to put out a partial patch anyway then I don't think it'll be useful unless it gets enough impact to replace the leaked patch by sheer influence on people's mind, like, for example, if you manage to be able to post it on TLwiki.

Blog Entries
    ITT people delusional enough to think ranmafan will ever come back and validate things again

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Don't concern yourselves with HA anymore, it isn't worth it considering most of the neckbeards on 4chins have already acquired and circulated the two patches. Jack, please just focus on RN and forget everything else.
    He's trapped in HFell so it's understandable that he is looking for distractions.

Blog Entries
    It's funny that you called it Hollowgate because of leaks. Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Release with all the unvalidated crap, the damage is already done.

Make it so that a different icon shows up in the top map for unvalidated scenes, like untranslated scenes in release 3.1.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; June 26th, 2014 at 02:21 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Just release it unvalidated and move on to other things. This project has been going on since I started high school YEARS AGO, and ranma fan just up and left so yeah, I'll have kids and be middle aged before this thing is complete.

No offense, I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Azure289; June 26th, 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Meh, just release it with the unvalidated translation, the ship to keep that out of the recent patch has sailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Some people seem to be confused on the situation here so let me explain. Ranmafan, last I heard, was trying to get time to meet with the Entrans team or somthing this week, buuuuut I guess he couldn't find the time.

But that's not important. Ranmafan or not, we're getting it finished. Dozenagent has been working on Hollow directly from the script files so we're gonna make this shit presentable. I'm currently seeing if I can get permission to have Dozenagent's patches linked on Ranmafan's OP in the TL thread.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My 2 cents is I would wait no matter how long it is to have a completely validated patch (or until I finished my Jap reading course), but I'll take the most complete the staff can offer and still be very much grateful.

I like the idea of marking the invalidated section.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Side note: if you were one of the 630 people who downloaded my link, I fucked up and put the wrong patch up, that one will crash if you try to view a certain scene, so I'd get rid of it.
    Memorable quotes

You should've put patch that will crash on any scene those disgraceful people will read.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

Can we forbid anyone from calling it Hollowgate?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Release the full thing when it's done (when I'm 67), don't half ass it.

Thinking it over, I asked the wrong question. Sure this is an important question, but a better question is should we even do any partial patches or just wait to do another release until we are done?
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Can we forbid anyone from calling it Hollowgate?
    yes please, we don't need to call everything x-gate.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Full patch once.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Thinking it over, I asked the wrong question. Sure this is an important question, but a better question is should we even do any partial patches or just wait to do another release until we are done?
    I say release the partial patches as well unless doing so is actually significant work, if it's basically zip, upload done in like 45 minutes, I don't see why not.

20.06.2014 Never forget