Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115156596061
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: Melty Blood Discussion

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Local play with two people on a single keyboard across 20 different key bindings is actually a completely ridiculous impractical idea that has never worked in any game. The reason for that is that most keyboards let you hold 4-6 keys at max, so two players playing on the same keyboard are going to be ghosting each other and killing each other's inputs. You can connect absolutely anything else to the computer though (like a pad from your console, or a cheap knockoff one for a few bucks) and have one person play on the keyboard with hands nicely spread out and the other on the controller.

Melty is sometimes considered a keyboard game exactly because PC-only people with no idea about fighting games tend to wander to it from other TM media and then find out it's actually pretty tight. The basic button layout is trash though, people usually play on WASD and either directional buttons or numpad. Now, this sort of game is meant for an arcade stick or a pad where directions are on the left, but a keyboards's directions are on the right. Default melty key bindings are also this way iirc. Some people change it to play with their hands flipped for easier movement, some don't and just put the buttons on directionals/numpad.

If you're playing community version versus, you can bind your keys through ccaster. If you're playing steam version arcade, you can also bind your keys in settings. If you're playing community version/Carnival Phantasm disc arcade, you're screwed and have to use the default, but then CPU doesn't require to be an amazing player and people have played that way for a while. You could also use some keybinding software like joy2key I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

The games have begun, first in Brazil.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    South SA bracket is going. Also, LunarPhaseLive is going to be hosting most of the streams throughout the weekend, including the Brazil top8 that's coming soonish, so you can just use that I guess so I won't spam it here too much.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was some pretty interesting stuff, thanks for the heads up.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Holy shit, Molty & Eika were absolute madmen.

Hilariously hype match there.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    You can tell they've played each other a lot over the past ~5 years Eika has been playing. Molty is from the Age of Gods, he is eternal.

NA East Coast top 8 is starting in an hour or two, the final stage. Still in pools now, and it has 64 people, so it's taking a while.

-

Nevermind, rest of pools toward EC top 8 is on.
    Last edited by Ratman; May 31st, 2020 at 03:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Since this got some people's attention, I guess I'll dump streams of regular tournaments here in the future.

By the way, Elegant Summer Concerto gathered 4000$ for the melty arcades like a-cho that have to stay shut. Cool stuff.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    That's good

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Is keeping arcades open in this day & age a good thing, though? Other than for the sake of nostalgia, I mean.

The arcade business model is like the earliest concept of a bad microtransaction, crossed with the world's shittiest lootbox.

Hello, small human! Want to play this game that's deliberately designed to look easy to play, but is actually deceptively difficult? Pay each time you die, which is often! Want to play with a friend? Pay double! Oh, you've spent a few hours here, used up all your pocket money? Wow, that's a lot of tickets you've got! You can buy, let's see... Ah! A splendid reward! Here's a pencil with an eraser on the end.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    it's the only way we get footage of high-level dead games from japan the history of many different kusoge hinges on this please understand