Thread: Fate/ Fighting Game Ideas

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fate/ Fighting Game Ideas

You know, it somewhat surprises me that despite how popular the Fate/ Series is, there has only been one official fighting game based off of it. Here is a place to share your ideas for what a new Fate/ fighting game could include.

I'll start with some concepts of my idea.

1. Master/Servant pair system. Servant is the main fighter controlled while Masters determine Servant stats and perform "assists". Master/Servant teams are customizable with different Masters having different effects (ie: Dark Sakura gives the Servant a large mana pool but in turn makes them slower; Shirou and Kuzuki give the Servant a low mana pool and stats but can perform very effective "assists"). This way, unique Master/Servant combos can be created to serve different playstyles or head canons.

2. Large Playable Cast. Servants and Masters from FSN, Zero, EXTRA/CCC, and Apocrypha are all playable/usable.

3. Story mode for several different Servants following their roles in the series with major battles and the appropriate Master for each (ie: Saber's story would start with Zero with Kiritsugu as her Master, then move on to FSN with Shirou and Rin). Choices are presented between some battles to alter the story (ie: Choosing between Fate, UBW, or HF in Saber's story) leading to some "what if" scenarios. Think something kind of like the story modes in the DBZ Budokai games.

Thoughts? Criticisms should note that I am doing this at 4 in the morning.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

死者 Corpse
    If they were to actually make one, I bet something like that would be a lot of fun

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Technically there's two Fate fighting games, 2.5 if you count Melty TL.

You can't really do fighting games with huge rosters right out of ghe gate. Every one that does have a large amount of characters is on its 4th iteration, and they basically just carry over the character from the previous version, like BlazBlue does. And if you try to limit the cast, you're probably going to get people complaining that thier favorites aren't there. In a cast of 400, choosing 20 is rough.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Master servant system sounds pretty fun

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed88 View Post
    Master servant system sounds pretty fun
    It has been done by Fatal Fake Crucis... it was good but just good

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    1. Master/Servant pair system. Servant is the main fighter controlled while Masters determine Servant stats and perform "assists". Master/Servant teams are customizable with different Masters having different effects (ie: Dark Sakura gives the Servant a large mana pool but in turn makes them slower; Shirou and Kuzuki give the Servant a low mana pool and stats but can perform very effective "assists"). This way, unique Master/Servant combos can be created to serve different playstyles or head canons.
    This has already existed for a long time, look up Crucis Fatal+Fake. It's more a tag game where the master is a glass cannon, though!

I think there is something to be said about FUC and its relationship with Melty. While it's made by different people, FUC is essentially Melty on drugs. It's not strange that Lumina Saber is just FUC Saber, the games are very compatible. I do think we'll eventually get Lumina split into FGOfighter and True Melty, in which case you can bet the OG servants will also have OG movesets, just without all the infinites.