View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1170 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1706701070112011601165116811691170117111721175118012201270 ... LastLast
Results 23,381 to 23,400 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    All sympathy I might of had for the HK police vanished on hearing they allegedly gang-raped a 16 year old girl (who wasn't even part of the protests)
    And yet you ignore the fact that the case is under investigation. There was another before where a University student claimed she was sexually violated by the cops during a forum with the principal on tv, then she later changed her statement, claiming that it is another location, and eventually claim she heard this from a friend and she is not a victim.

While there are crook cops, the protesters are no angels. The city is now close to break down where cops shoot at protesters and they in turn attack normal peeps who dare to speak up against them.

This is a disaster.
    Last edited by rxrx; November 12th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    What's that qoute... It's a sin for good men to stand by and do nothing in the face of evil?

Tho in this case it's just not being willing to oppose something you dislike if you can't have an alternative you absolutely love. I find it hard to relate or approve.
    That makes them sound like someone who's upset they're not getting a slice of cake, so they shit on the cake so no-one can have any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    And yet you ignore the fact that the case is under investigation.
    True, but it remains to be seen if it'll actually go anywhere. Also the doctor who first reported it has been receiving death threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please tell me you did not just use a false sexual assault claim to dismiss a far more credible and serious claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    True, but it remains to be seen if it'll actually go anywhere. Also the doctor who first reported it has been receiving death threats.

Also, please tell me you did not just use a false sexual assault claim to dismiss a far more credible and serious claim.
    Of course not. I'm saying we should wait for actual investigation and not jump to conclusion which I believe you are. The protesters realize very few will go on strike with them, so they are forcing it on us by disrupting traffic without giving a care of our safety. In addition, they attack anyone taking photos of them vandalizing, or those they suspect are undercover cops, and even those who disagree with their views and dare to say it. A Japanese tourist who took photos of them got whacked silly, and you can read it on the news.

They are no better than who they hate, and they are very free here since the authorities doesn't give a damn, and the cops themselves are used as meat shield for our shitty chief executive. China is having a high time using us as a negative textbook example which is working, while the West turn a blind eye to the protesters' violence. In my opinion, they are no longer rioters, but terrorists trying to use terror to force people to go their way. This is a mess here, and you need to see it to believe it.

Both sides need to stand down and cool it off, but that is not possible as they are right now having a fine time over at CUHK while other rioters roam around Hong Kong, destroying vehicles, torching shopping malls, throwing petrol bombs and attempting to fuck up the railways again to ensure people cannot go to work tomorrow. They are very free over here alright.
    Last edited by rxrx; November 12th, 2019 at 02:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    That makes them sound like someone who's upset they're not getting a slice of cake, so they shit on the cake so no-one can have any.
    Ngl, I laughed. That's about the point I was making, tbh. It's why I said I can neither approve or relate. The way you phrased it is just golden XD.

Also, thinking about it, I can understand why the protesters attack anyone who tries to record them. China will likely target them after this is over so they're destroying the evidence. Likewise anyone who has an opposite point of view, as they'll be viewed as an agent of China or a sympathizer/traitor to their cause. Doesn't make it right, but it makes sense. If wrecking the city is the only way to get your demands met, people will do it. See Boston Tea Party.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Ngl, I laughed. That's about the point I was making, tbh. It's why I said I can neither approve or relate. The way you phrased it is just golden XD.

Also, thinking about it, I can understand why the protesters attack anyone who tries to record them. China will likely target them after this is over so they're destroying the evidence. Likewise anyone who has an opposite point of view, as they'll be viewed as an agent of China or a sympathizer/traitor to their cause. Doesn't make it right, but it makes sense. If wrecking the city is the only way to get your demands met, people will do it. See Boston Tea Party.
    We are having state sanctioned violence vs Terrorists right now, but people still have to work despite the conditions since nobody cares if we live or not, or whether can we put bread on the table to feed the family. Right now, the only freedom we have is to support them, if not they will attack you. They remind me of Red Guards, and it is pretty ironic how they are acting exactly like those they hate.

Blog Entries
    Mhmmm. That's really the way any violent revolution goes. I mean, it's highly unlikely the protesters will get what they want, but with things escalating as they have been, it really is starting to look more and more like that's what it's going to end up as; a revolution in HK. I don't see it going well. China won't stand for that. I mean, hell, they won't even let the Dalai Lama choose his own reincarnation XD. No way they're gonna give HK protesters the things they want, even if Beijing promised they would.

This is really only going to end one way, and it's not going to be pretty. Sooner or later, Beijing will use force if the protesters don't submit, and there's not much the international community can, or will, do about it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Mhmmm. That's really the way any violent revolution goes. I mean, it's highly unlikely the protesters will get what they want, but with things escalating as they have been, it really is starting to look more and more like that's what it's going to end up as; a revolution in HK. I don't see it going well. China won't stand for that. I mean, hell, they won't even let the Dalai Lama choose his own reincarnation XD. No way they're gonna give HK protesters the things they want, even if Beijing promised they would.

This is really only going to end one way, and it's not going to be pretty. Sooner or later, Beijing will use force if the protesters don't submit, and there's not much the international community can, or will, do about it.
    Naturally, crows everywhere are equally black.

The international community will have a field time slamming sanctions on China if they really use force to put down the unrest, so it is more likely they will let Hong Kong burn while at the same time use it as a negative example to educate the people while at the same time highlight the double standards the West have been using in addressing the unrest in Hong Kong and other parts of the world. As they say, the only people who will suffer is the people living in Hong Kong.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Well, it seems the only "bastion of stability" left on Earth is fucking Costa Rica right now (even Switzerland is starting to grapple at weird things).

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Not be be rude, but why is this a concern? Shootings in USA is not unheard of right?
    Last edited by rxrx; November 15th, 2019 at 02:29 AM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, as much as it tends to become the politics debate thread, it still IS the General News Thread.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Not be be rude, but why is this a concern? Shootings in USA is not unheard of right?
    Because if you normalize things like this you stop thinking of them as something that shouldn't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20191112_06/

Japanese tourist injured in an assault by "protesters" after being mistaken for a person from mainland China.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20191112_06/

Japanese tourist injured in an assault by "protesters" after being mistaken for a person from mainland China.
    It's okay. They are blaming the guy for taking photos of their actions. Anything goes in the name of freedom and democracy.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...brick/f7ivryn/

Despicable stuff from the main forum used by the rioters.

Blog Entries
    This is what happens when your protest agains imperialism is co-opted by another imperial force.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Would you like your collar in red and gold, or red, white, and blue
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    And the Presidents of universities are now singing a different tune now that rioters have walled up in universities. They call for government departments to 'aid' them, but immediately claimed they are asking for students to leave and not calling for police aid once the rioters took note of the news.

Blog Entries
    On other hand, Chilean protesters are ultra based.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Holy shit

roger stone is going to jail.

...I really thought the slimy little snake in the grass was going to be able to lie his way out of anything but a lesser charge or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.