View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1207 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2077071107115711971202120512061207120812091212121712571307 ... LastLast
Results 24,121 to 24,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I like how it seems Trump will win the election by using racial politics and blaming game.
    Hey man, it worked four years ago, why wouldn't it work now?

Blog Entries
    Probably because trump’s greatest success in 2016 was convincing everyone he couldn’t win, so a couple hundred thousand disaffected democrats felt they could stay home and still have the president they actually wanted while being able to claim a moral high ground by not voting for the lesser of two evils. I don’t expect the election to be a cake walk but I don’t often see many people discuss what a major difference it is that people actually understand Trump can win and therefor people will need to come off of the sidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think it might actually swing to far the other way. Instead of "He'll never win" everyone will be thinking "He's just going to win again anyways" and stay home.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Nah. I don’t see it. There’s a few super edgy folks that will convince themselves of such of course but that’s mostly just Twitter bubble speak. 2018 put the lie to the idea that trump can’t lose. Come fall I imagine you won’t be able to flip on a TV or watch a YouTube video without seeing a thirty second add along the lines of “we beat him once, we will do it again!” Which is a quite swaying argument
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the main thing is that people can be suckers for the quick check, because they are either tired of the back and forth, the normal apathy (which is still quite a lot of people sadly), and just general ignorance that can keep people home.
    His numbers going up are silly enough as it is, but if he gets a stimulus to the actual people and isn't busy sucking off corporations, it will lead to the easily influenced being swayed to him. It's sad, but a Trumpbucks check will be really effective right now, and if they even get close to a vaccine? Almost assured re-election.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even with the stock markets acting like the Titanic at 1 AM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But which is more likely to appeal to the masses: theorical money of increased stocks, or having a physical check in your hands? Even if the stock is worth so much more, people would be more mollified by having $127.48 right now.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    the heckin stonkerinos go down because china virus

and with that the cuckservatives votes trump again

simple as
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    The check will be useful in the short run, but we aren’t getting a vaccine this year. This time come October, either all of us will still be hiding in our homes or the virus will be running rampant

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Of course we won't get a vaccine, but if he can appear (lie) as if there is some cure-all or easy treatment, he'll get support. I mean,there are people buying out Alex Jones' stock of toothpaste because he said it "kills the Coronavirus at 'point blank range'".
    Not even getting into people ingesting silver solution.

There is a frightening amount of people who are just terminally stupid.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 22nd, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I won’t say that’s not true, but I imagine that will be at least counter balanced by the people ready to walk through burning coals to vote against him because their gran or something died of the virus.

this election is very much up in the air right now. I don’t know who is going to win. But at the very least, anyone who thinks they can tell you it’s over one way or the other is either lying to you or deluding themselves.

I think election predictions are pointless at this point since it seems exceedingly likely that the Coronavirus will be dispositive in determining the outcome. So until we know the full breadth of the fallout I feel there isn't enough information to accurately prognosticate.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The check will be useful in the short run, but we aren’t getting a vaccine this year. This time come October, either all of us will still be hiding in our homes or the virus will be running rampant
    We won't get a vaccine, but there's a good chance we can at least get a decent enough anti-viral to curb the mortality rates.
    After that, COVID-19 no more than an uglier flu. We'll still get sporadic outbreaks and precautionary measures (and we will probably have to get used to concerts and football matches getting cancelled on much shorter notices for health reasons in the future) but life will probably return to some semblance of normalcy by September.

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative of course being the virus mutates to be even deadlier and we start reenacting B-movie scenarios. At which point, it's been nice knowing you folks.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    What I do know is if Trump continues his racial policy, then a war is definitely heading our way, after the West purges Asians cause they cannot identify the difference. Asians in the West becomes Jews in Germany in WW2 FTW.

This epidemic made me realize people still act like idiots even when the crisis is inside their home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    We won't get a vaccine, but there's a good chance we can at least get a decent enough anti-viral to curb the mortality rates.
    After that, COVID-19 no more than an uglier flu. We'll still get sporadic outbreaks and precautionary measures (and we will probably have to get used to concerts and football matches getting cancelled on much shorter notices for health reasons in the future) but life will probably return to some semblance of normalcy by September.

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative of course being the virus mutates to be even deadlier and we start reenacting B-movie scenarios. At which point, it's been nice knowing you folks.
    Many studies are pointing out that people who recovered still get back the virus. Even if you don't believe in the Chinese data, the Korean ones will suffice right?

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I wont say its impossible, but even the idea of a workable anti viral in the near to medium future as I understand it is pretty optimistic. hell IIRC that one combo everyone has been heralding as a savior was just shown to be ineffective in a clinical trial

Blog Entries
    Is it possible for some changes on the medical industry in America? What I've heard and seen is terrifying, since having or not having insurance still kills people who need the service.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Is it possible for some changes on the medical industry in America? What I've heard and seen is terrifying, since having or not having insurance still kills people who need the service.
    Unlikely, too many politicians receive Bribes Campaign Donations from Big Pharma/Insurance Agencies. Too many people will lose too much money for any real level of reform to go through.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Even without the anti-viral, mortality would start to fall as the virus strikes the same person again and cells detect the already familiar entity and proceed to eject it like a common cold. It's the "herd immunity" Boohoo mentioned.

OTOH, so far, it seems Malarial drugs cripple it, so we might be getting a retro-viral drug soon.

Trumpmark + QE + Retroviral + Curve Recedes in Murica + China backlash + Biden for POTUS = Cuatro years more of El Presidente!

Like, I'm literally watching a documentary on dude right now.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; March 23rd, 2020 at 04:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Even without the anti-viral, mortality would start to fall as the virus strikes the same person again and cells detect the already familiar entity and proceed to eject it like a common cold. It's the "herd immunity" Boohoo mentioned.

OTOH, so far, it seems Malarial drugs cripple it, so we might be getting a retro-viral drug soon.

Trumpmark + QE + Retroviral + Curve Recedes in Murica + China backlash + Biden for POTUS = Cuatro years more of El Presidente!

Like, I'm literally watching a documentary on dude right now.
    All you need is retro-viral drug is useless thanks to the virus evolving and El Presidente decides to nuke China since it will make his problems go away for a perfect movie.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    All you need is retro-viral drug is useless thanks to the virus evolving and El Presidente decides to nuke China since it will make his problems go away for a perfect movie.
    The end result is not 4 more years of Presidente Trumpo. It's "office abolished" in Wikipedia.