View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1228 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2287281128117812181223122612271228122912301233123812781328 ... LastLast
Results 24,541 to 24,560 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Lol. The doom of a two-party system; binary choice, toss your vote, or don't use it.

Also, that suggestion about Trump, then Centrist, then Trump, then Centrist in an endless cycle made me realize...

Alex Jones for President.
    How long before this is a Republican ticket?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Can they? Belgium has repeatedly suffered terrorist attacks and had its citizens die under the eye of those police. Would stiffer paws have saved those lives? Who knows. But it’s pretty clear some of the US laws did avert some of the home grown terrorist plots here.

so again, its not so easy as simply picking a moral option and telling the people who died on your watch “to bad!”

again, it’s nothing so simple as “overwatch bad! Privacy good!” When lives are at stake. Do I agree with it? Maybe not but in a suburb of Dallas I’m not really in the immediate line of fire either. I understand where the president was coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    do you think warrants are a generally good concept or no because this is pretty much what it boils down to

removing these regulations can make the work of law enforcement much more efficient, but removing highway speed limits also gets you to work faster

rules exist for reasons
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Also, yeah, the Reps have basically gone the route of a religious extremist group. They're just not actively violent on a large scale yet. To other American citizens, at least.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Overwatch is bad though, don’t support Blizzard

Blog Entries
    Also I think people should remember someone blew up the Boston Marathon will all the fancy surveillance in place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    do you think warrants are a generally good concept or no because this is pretty much what it boils down to

removing these regulations can make the work of law enforcement much more efficient, but removing highway speed limits also gets you to work faster

rules exist for reasons
    I literally said I don’t agree with the premise. However you don’t have to agree with something to understand it. I also recognize I didn’t have to deal with the burden of making such a soul crushing choice and am glad I didn’t have to.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    if i were in his shoes i would have made the choice that is expected of me i.e. the one that protects my citizens rights no matter if crazy patriotic fervor made them relinquish it to kill a guy who was not even a radical islamist but im more of a truth focused guy you know, one that thinks people vote for people based on expectation for them to do something, not to do nothing then hand it over to someone who makes it worse

he certainly didnt have problems authorizing drone strikes on civillians so idk maybe his heavy hearted compassion doesnt really go that far in the first place and your framing sucks

then again i guess a guy named husayn should be expected to make muslims bleed, SHIA JOKES FOLKS

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    why do you trust them to tell the truth at this point

You might not agree with tobias but he's a good barometer of the party center. They don't give a shit about lying evidently (like when they said they'd reach out and made the most progressive party platform ever, good job Sanders, go home, ignore the Wallstreet guys that we promised jobs to) and their base believes it. The most comfortable of all political positions.

edit: i dont mean that youre lying toby i mean that youre buying it sorry if that came out wrong
    I don't, but I misunderstood the point you were making last time so not much else to say here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If things are done super exactly perfectly right, they get a little better each day.
    Meanwhile, people die.

EDIT: also the idea that there is some grand rightward float to the country also does not seem supported by the facts. 20 years ago the idea that preexisting conditions wouldn’t be a central pillar of bankruptcy court was preposterous. 10 years ago the public option was to liberal for democrats. 6 years ago minimum wage advances to 15 bucks an hour was a fools errand.
    Three years ago, no one thought nazis would publicly and proudly designate themselves as nazis, with your federal government tacitly endorsing their words and actions.

There's no right so intrinsic to the human condition it can't be revoked. Authoritarianism and demonisation of the Other have been a constant throughout history.

all of these are now settled law or permanent planks of Biden’s platform and he is oft viewed as to centrist. And I haven’t even gotten to gay marriage or THC legalization.
    I forget, but wasn't he opposed to gay marriage?

Toby must hate us all by this point.

Blog Entries
    Nah. It’s always good to get a chance to test your theories by debating them. I rather enjoy the stimulation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I forget, but wasn't he opposed to gay marriage?
    Hell no. As a matter of fact Biden essentially dragged Obama across the line of supporting gay marriage before Obama really wanted to.

Blog Entries
    Yes he's on record not supporting and has a voting record to back it up in regards to DOMA but anecdotally he was on board before Obama so it's probably fine.

Blog Entries
    Ah yes the old “20 years isn’t enough time to change your mind” premise.

Blog Entries
    the late 90s were certainly not 2018 when it comes to homophobia but its also not the 60s

Blog Entries
    Yes but they were twenty years ago. See again how I noted a few posts back how the idea that the country has some grand rightward drift that must be averted right now before calamity does not actually seem to be in touch with reality.

Blog Entries
    For the record it's fine to say and assume that he's fine on gay rights now, as are the significant majority of the democratic party. I would just personally question his own statements that he was enlightened by the words of his father to never be a homophobe or whatever show he's pulling when he has been in political opposition of it.

like hes probably a stand up guy and obama is also probably fun to talk to but look at what you voted them in for man, they have a fucking job to do. no amount of heartaching about the pressure they were under is gonna change that. nobody peer pressured him to become arguably the most powerful man in the world like its some class president election and only one guy knows how to do public speaking

Blog Entries
    I voted Obama in to fix the Great Recession and pass Obamacare. And he did those things. I’m quite pleased with his legacy. Sure he didn’t do everything I wanted and I didn’t agree with every one of his policies. But that’s politics. You give people 80% of what they want.

if it seems like a politician is giving you 100% of what you want he either is lying to you or can’t win an election. There isn’t a third option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Ah yes the old “20 years isn’t enough time to change your mind” premise.
    This is something that is strange to me since it never took me 20 years to believe gay people should have equal rights. In fact, it never took me any "evolving", so you'll have to forgive me for not believing it is such a difficult thing to do.