View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1238 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2387381138118812281233123612371238123912401243124812881338 ... LastLast
Results 24,741 to 24,760 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Kind of inevitable he would drop at this point. Now we see how Pro-Trump vs. Anti-Trump sentiment stacks up.

The power of Skub compels us.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Kind of inevitable he would drop at this point. Now we see how Pro-Trump vs. Anti-Trump sentiment stacks up.

The power of Skub compels us.
    Pretty sure El Presidente will win. I mean both are pretty bad choices, but people might perhaps choose the devil they know then a guy who has problems identifying his wife and sister.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait for Bernie to still be vilified when real complaints and problems get brought up about Biden. Tobias can call me foolish all he wants, I don't see Biden beating Trump. Only way Trump loses is if he's not able to rebound from coronavirus and economic crises now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Can't wait for Bernie to still be vilified when real complaints and problems get brought up about Biden. Tobias can call me foolish all he wants, I don't see Biden beating Trump. Only way Trump loses is if he's not able to rebound from coronavirus and economic crises now.
    I think THAT's why Trump will win. People would want a leader, and Trump at least has that energy to convince people, at least better than Biden that is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Pretty sure El Presidente will win. I mean both are pretty bad choices, but people might perhaps choose the devil they know then a guy who has problems identifying his wife and sister.
    He's going to pick corporation friendly appointments like Trump will, but maybe they care slightly about common people than Trump's do. I don't see a Biden administration undoing changes to EPA, FCC, or going really crazy to push through better judges because of Biden's obsession to be bipartisan by any means necessary, even if it means actively undermining key issues that were campaigned on.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    He's going to pick corporation friendly appointments like Trump will, but maybe they care slightly about common people than Trump's do. I don't see a Biden administration undoing changes to EPA, FCC, or going really crazy to push through better judges because of Biden's obsession to be bipartisan by any means necessary, even if it means actively undermining key issues that were campaigned on.
    Biden's conditions make me think he will be just be a puppet and rubber stamp up there.

Blog Entries

...did I call you foolish? I don’t believe I did so.

I apologize if I did. I believe in drawing a line between disagreeing with someone and personal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With the primary over I give you the Buster Irrelevant Vote Recommendation, a tradition I kept up for 4 years (because i did it last time)

And well, last time I was basically begging people to vote for Hillary but seeing the kind of change and shift to the left a Trump presidency has brought its hard to argue with accelerationism at this point. So here we go. I'll speak to the people more on the left because I don't think I can make an argument for centrists or rightwingers:

Any bigger center left party in the world manages to in the end maintain a careful balancing act between its left and right wings. Even if one wing essentially takes over, concessions are made to the other. No concessions have been made to what you want if you are someone who cares for expansion of medical care in the USA, or economic justice.

Demand it and be loud about it. Try to get involved with your local more left wing political organizations. IF, and only IF you see concessions on platform, I think a damage mitigation vote for Joe Biden is a perfectly reasonable course of action. Until that happens, and due to ideological reasons I don't think Biden will ever move to the left, consider either a write in or stay home. And say this. They depend on you as much as they depend on their donors to keep shit running so make them square the circle. Do not concede immediately because the other guy is a Republican. You see where this took the country with disastrous Obama foreign and finance policy. A lot of countries in the world depend on you to have a sensible foreign policy to a degree where it means life or death so your responsibility extends beyond "i wish other countries didnt make fun of us for our president being dumb"

They will smear you, call you wreckers, insult you, or whatever but in the end that is a tantrum. They need you. If they want you, they should offer at least crumbs. At what point you should be satisfied is up to your personal judgement, but be advised that having a threshold of bernie or bust reduces your sway massively. Do not make this a pure personnel decision. You need the policies, not the guy.

tl;dr stay home unless they offer you something now
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I will be. A party that caters to the needs of Bill Kristol cannot possibly serve me satisfactorily in any regard.

Blog Entries
    They might if they get scared enough.

so scare them

- - - Updated - - -

Like I know how tempting it is to be like FUCK DEMOCRATS MAN and just become a non voter for life, which I imagine a lot of people whose first exposure to election volunteering and things are gonna do now.

But change is only possible if the left wing of the Democratic party is not a phenomenon but a permanent part of the Democratic party that can actually cause sway on policy. You need to shift party ideology and it won't happen through messianic victory, that much is clear now.

If you decide to become an anomaly you will lose any chance of long term change.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I pretty much text walked on his livestreams on what he should do to reach the young people, but one can only do so much screaming to a brick wall alone. Trump basically saying he and Biden had a really warm call is not a good sign, I would have been more heartened to hear some insults going his way, but chances are he said things to the orange moron, Trump took it in one ear and out the other and there was no pushback, nor will he do any pushback.
    Definitely he will need his feet firmly placed into the magma of this clusterfuck, but it'll need to be brutal to make him feel it and react.
    I will say this though, Clyburn being soft on the investigation scope on Trump's indiscretions has started to piss off even Biden supporters, so there is hope to make him move harder, but it'll take some doing.

Blog Entries
    A lot of doing that probably won't happen.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    He's very likely to lose so the more you do the better the argument basis is for concessions in the future.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    ...did I call you foolish? I don’t believe I did so.

I apologize if I did. I believe in drawing a line between disagreeing with someone and personal attacks.
    Specifically, no. But saying anyone can call the election now is a fool is a paraphrase of what you've mentioned before.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't agree. It is possible to hold a foolish opinion or belief without being a fool.

Or at least I damn well hope it is as i personally have had any number of very foolish or poorly thought out ideas at some point or another which later had to be corrected, either by myself or others.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    And probably still do. That's true of all of us.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The utter fucking gall of Biden to say people should have stayed home when he was pressuring people to go before Tuesday. Tobias, take note, this sort of stuff is why expecting people to fall in line behind Biden isn't going to work. Doesn't matter how shitty a person Trump is when it doesn't take much effort to show the alternative to be similarly as bad.

Blog Entries
    ah yes. Both sides are bad. no difference between the two. Next do the senile playlist and something about rape. Just get a greatest hits album going

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The people Biden needs to win are the ones that buy into the "both sides" argument Tobias.

Blog Entries
    another controlled opposition social democrat got cucked in the imperialist election.

shocked. thank you for ruining the revolutionary movement yet again, reformist. o7
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.