View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1240 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2407401140119012301235123812391240124112421245125012901340 ... LastLast
Results 24,781 to 24,800 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    which explains all the masks and people stretching out a few miles to stay away from each other?

Nah. No you had people so juiced up and ready to vote for biden they did morethen walking through fire and across nails, they risked their lives. It was that important to them.

Now look at that and tell me again that there is no "excitement" for old uncle Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    quoting both of these since they made the same point. Im actually ok with it if you wish to say that Biden's overwhelming primary success as well as the 2018 rout was primarily due to mobilization against trump.

but the mobilization that swept the house as well as flattened Benie in areas he had previously won and will be needed to win 270 votes all occurred in Biden strong holds. I am aware that very liberal folks dont particularly trust Biden. But somewhere in the back of your mind even you have to admit that whether or not you do, its not really debatable that for whatever reason, people in the heartland just straight up like Joe Biden.

Call it the beer test, call it a flock to safety, call it whatever you like, but people in the states that democrats need to win, correctly or not, justified or not, whatever you like, or not, people admire him. They see him as leader. Thats what can win a presidential election.
    The only ones from the primary I'd trust here would be the Super Tuesday states, and the ones that Biden did amazingly well in are the ones that are diehard Red states. As much as I hate Trump, his tweet is just a reminder of what we all knew about Super Tuesday: even with only 50% of Warren voter's, Bernie would have swept Super Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So these are dedicated mujahedeen ready to die for Biden but they don't believe him when he says voting is safe?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    except for what, all the people in wisconsin who literally took life in hands to vote for him? wish they hadnt had to do so. Wish bernie had dropped out two days ago so they didnt have to. wish a lot of things. But see enthusiasm isnt about retweets. Its not about meme images, its not about who is willing to post 100 new videos they got from opinion pieces. Its about who gets off their ass and heads to the polls. In an election, thats the only metric that counts.
    Tobias, in that last The Hill video I posted, there's a clip of Biden still telling people to go to the polls in person. Yes, it's dressed up in nice-sounding platitudes, but the end result is that Biden wanted people to vote in person before Tuesday, and only now that Bernie's out of the race does he wish people didn't go in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    So these are dedicated mujahedeen ready to die for Biden but they don't believe him when he says voting is safe?
    See this is the kind of thing you say when you know you are wrong but dont want to admit it.

Take five minutes. Walk away from the computer. Have a few breaths. DId people know it was dangerious? yeah. And you know they knew that.

Did they also, taking that danger into consideration, decide it was that important, that worth it to vote for Biden? yes. They did. Now refer back to what I said a while back about how sometimes we have to reassess bad ideas when reality proves them wrong. The idea there is nobody who really, really wanted Biden to be the nominee and president died in wisconsin.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    bro you just say lies then try do to therapy on me i dont think this is received by the rest of the thread as well as you think it is

lmao

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    except for what, all the people in wisconsin who literally took life in hands to vote for him? wish they hadnt had to do so. Wish bernie had dropped out two days ago so they didnt have to. wish a lot of things. But see enthusiasm isnt about retweets. Its not about meme images, its not about who is willing to post 100 new videos they got from opinion pieces. Its about who gets off their ass and heads to the polls. In an election, thats the only metric that counts.
    Here, Toby, I am gonna give you a possible problem here in this line of thinking. Bernie fervently pushed for mail in, he was just acting as an opponent in the race, so it would be unfair to say he should have dropped out.

Now, say we get this second wave of Coronavirus in Fall, as it looks like we will be because in many ways people in this country are pants on head loony, the fight for mail in for the general comes back up again, and based on past precedence, Joe again says to leave it to the courts and governors. There will be many more at stake then. He CANNOT be allowed to just cruise his way through the election. He has no choice, he wanted this fight, now he has it. I don't want to hear him make excuses (hell, the Postal Service itself is in jeopardy atm, which will make the fight to get mail ins even harder if that comes to pass). I think he is just too passive and people are getting too comfortable, AGAIN. It's not a layup even if it should be, and the sooner he realizes that, the better off he will be.

Blog Entries
    bro you just say lies then try do to therapy on me i dont think this is received by the rest of the thread as well as you think it is
    oh im well aware that a bunch of grieving sanders supporters are well willing to jump to stage 2 after his ending his campaign. Stage 2 is the most fun, after all. However I like to think of my posts as public service. A bit of a reality check for those that after having spent months bitching out and driving off they disagree with, point to the fact that there arent many who voice support for Joe biden as him not having support.

Blog Entries
    shouldnt reality checks align with reality

like saying bernie drove his people to death by forcing everyone to vote when theres downballot races

Blog Entries
    Down ballot races are not election primary votes. They are less populated and would otherwise be significantly safer with lower turnout. The idea that “well some kinda vote was gonna happen anyway!” Doesn’t hold water.

Blog Entries
    if its about pure damage mitigation how about not telling your people to go out and vote without trying anything to increase enfranchisement

Blog Entries
    mental gymnastics and reality check are the same now, thx for the cool psychology fact
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    if its about pure damage mitigation how about not telling your people to go out and vote without trying anything to increase enfranchisement
    once again, whatever fault you can design about the people who were there, had to be, or whatever Biden said that you disagree with doesn’t actually change the fact that a significant group of people in a battleground state literally were willing to put their life on the line to vote for Biden.

therefor, any idea that people aren’t serious and motivated to vote for him is flat out wrong.

Blog Entries
    I just want to leave with the suggestion that if you have to put active effort into explaining something that looks like a craven move (mainly because its backtracked immediately which would at least make me go "huh" if I sympathize with someone, god knows it happens) to the neutral observer maybe what you are doing is actually ideologically tinted and not cold hard realism.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh im well aware that a bunch of grieving sanders supporters are well willing to jump to stage 2 after his ending his campaign. Stage 2 is the most fun, after all. However I like to think of my posts as public service. A bit of a reality check for those that after having spent months bitching out and driving off they disagree with, point to the fact that there arent many who voice support for Joe biden as him not having support.
    Bro, people voicing support is how you gauge how much they care. "He's alright, I suppose" is not going to cut it. People are passionate about the Trump, they fucking love him. You're going to compete with that fervour with someone who inspires indifference at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    once again, whatever fault you can design about the people who were there, had to be, or whatever Biden said that you disagree with doesn’t actually change the fact that a significant group of people in a battleground state literally were willing to put their life on the line to vote for Biden.

therefor, any idea that people aren’t serious and motivated to vote for him is flat out wrong.
    I believe in cold hard pragmatism and that it can move people to extreme lengths.

I do not believe you can go in the line there and find someone who can tell you a Biden policy in bigger detail than "hes not trump, one of the good guys etc." You yourself had to basically dodge greater scrutiny of the policies and you are massively plugged in, what's a rando gonna think?

Blog Entries
    If you wanna take that route then apparently cold hard pragmatism was enough to move the aforementioned large group of people to put their lives on the line. At that point the motivating factor is academic seeing as how they were explicitly doing so on Biden’s behalf and against sanders

Blog Entries
    That we can at least settle on. I just don't believe in the beer factor or whatever.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Joe Biden is the human equivalent of a tax audit i.e boring. Except with his pudding mind, it's now a tax audit that's written in Wingdings i.e. incomprehensible, useless, and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.