View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1256 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2567561156120612461251125412551256125712581261126613061356 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,120 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    It's a pretty accurate way to look at it, really. Nobody's perfect. Everybody has their own issues and struggles.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Yeah? Most Americans do what's called "living paycheck to paycheck." It means that they're cost of living is close to, or greater than, their income. Discretionary income, that is to say money that isn't already spoken for in regular expenses, is hard to come by. Many of us have essentially none. No emergency funds, no savings for retirement. A $400 unexpected expense, less than a month's rent for the vast majority of us, is enough to sink most households here. The social safety net system here is shit and is usually replaced entirely by family of community support/charity unless the problem is long-term.

People talk like the neoliberal system doesn't screw Americans, but it absolutely does. We're just kept like this due to a combination of a rigged political system, capital's influence, ignorance, and a love of cultural identity over pragmatism.
    To follow up on this, one of the things that has hit Americans is the rise of now technology and systems that can guess about how much populations of people have on average. On its own harmless and useful information, but used by multiple agencies, particularly those with regards to apartment rentals, to be able to make shockingly precise estimates on exactly how much a community can be charged for a place to live so that you haven’t broken their ability to pay but have extracted every last cent you could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Add to that what amounts to a lack of sufficient housing nationally that's not increasing to meet demand because the poor can't afford it and the rich buy it for rentals...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I also heard that the fund the government was going to use to pay anyone who couldn't work for the crisis ran out of money within the first week.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Radix malorum est cupiditas
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I also heard that the fund the government was going to use to pay anyone who couldn't work for the crisis ran out of money within the first week.
    The worse I've heard is how banks deduct that money from recipients to pay for their loans instead.

Blog Entries
    Then of course there were the small business loans that the big corporations took...

This whole thing is just a free for all for the big fish. Ordinary citizens are so desperate, tho, most of us don't even care.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Then of course there were the small business loans that the big corporations took...

This whole thing is just a free for all for the big fish. Ordinary citizens are so desperate, tho, most of us don't even care.
    Most forget, but Trump himself literally took money from a fund for helping small businesses during 9/11. One that he most assuredly didn't need when he was a private citizen.
    And Trump University, and his Foundation. It's all public knowledge, but far too many STILL think he will protect them and that their hated enemies will be expunged. Deer in headlights when you try to explain this to them why supporting him was a lost cause from the jump. He has done literally everything they say they can't stand.

Blog Entries
    It's not deer in headlights. That implies fear, confusion, and panic. What I've seen out of his supporters is either incredulity and denial claiming that it's all faked by the media, the deep state, etc... or they just don't care, believing he'll support them anyway because it's in his best interest to keep them happy. Or worse, they view his positions and misdeeds as acceptable because his other actions support their ideological goals.

Deer in headlights isn't what I see.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    You reap what you sow. Then again, it is not fair to say this to those who vote against him though, and it is cruel to say just bear with it in times of crisis.

Blog Entries
    There's a saying about Democracy; you don't always get what you want, but you do get what you deserve.

One could argue that the current situation is the karma of far too many years of amoral, unethical, or just simply ignorant and naive decision making and behavior. At least if you're of the opinion that punishing the child for their parents' crimes is a legitimate form of justice. Otherwise, it's just desserts for some, sux 2 be u for others. Especially since the people who are going to bear the brunt of this disaster's long-term effects upon living through it are the ones who had the least amount of power to prevent or prepare for it.

Also, looks like Covid-19 can cause odd blood clotting and sudden strokes in young people, even in mild and asymptomatic cases. Well shit.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 23rd, 2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    And people are stuck with either Trump or Bidan. Personally, both are equally disastrous.

Blog Entries
    One just seems less-so than the other, to me. I am not especially pleased with this outlook. B[
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    XD yup. I don't consider myself an especially good Christian. However, there's more than one reason I refuse to vote for the guy. Unless you're inclined to Double Determination, ye olde # of the beast has to be something you choose, not something that can be forced on, and its status as the # of a man is only relevant if the alternative isn't a man.

Maybe I should say wasn't, rather than isn't.

Ofc, that doesn't cover global populations, but hey, "in the hand or on the head," could quite easily refer to ideological support and approval as well as material support and a vote.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 23rd, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That webpage is up there with Darth Jar Jar. Bravo.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    XD iz fine.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That whole "7 heads" one falls apart. Trump Tower Toronto dropped his name like a hot potato a few months after he got elected. I think Marriott bought it out.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Heyy Darth Jar Jar was GoaT, dont group him with that
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    A new CBS poll shows that a good 70% of respondents are more interested in staying shut down and saving lives vs restarting the economy.

again, I’m pleasantly surprised to see how many people are willing to take the long view with regards to dollars vs lives in this. Apparently even hyper partisanship can’t completely overcome the survival instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.