View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1260 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2607601160121012501255125812591260126112621265127013101360 ... LastLast
Results 25,181 to 25,200 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Huh, she's cute. Wonder how she'd change the dynamics of the NK/West relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 26th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Lying through her teeth, huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I saw that. I also noted that it didn’t address the digital penetration at all.

hey, if you don’t have the logic on your side, argue the emotion so people don’t think right?

/guess pounding the desk is next. BTW on that note Tara now says she can’t remember where the reported incident happened. Now it’s just “one of the basements” which came out when people were trying to locate the area so that they could sync up the reported incident with people who could be confirmed as in the area, except whoops! CANT REMEMBER WHERE, no way to gather evidence!

but no, believe me unequivocally. Totes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If only there was a document that could provide clarity to the exact details she reported on back when this occurred.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    you mean the report she said she filed, received her mandatory copy of then lost, and nobody can find any record of and the lady she said she gave it too says she never received it?

yeah you are right, if frikken only. Funny how all the factual stuff that might actually help her corroborate her story beyond "If you dont believe me you support rape!" has either been lost or forgotten huh?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean the report that the University of Delaware claims to have on record but can't release it due to it being sealed. Of course, it can come out 2 years after Biden retires from public office.

But yes, keep up the victim blaming act. How dare she forget exact details on something that happened nearly 30 years ago, a traumatic event even that lends itself to forgetting details. How dare she only start to gain traction on her case when she's been trying for over a year to get someone, such as the Time's Up movement, to look into her story. How dare her mother, one of the few people she told any details about this case, die before her story started to be reported on.

Dr. Ford had significantly less information backing her claim up against Kavanaugh, so why exactly is there a difference when it comes to treating Tara's story?

Blog Entries
    I think I remember saying a while ago that I didn’t actually consider all of the allegations against kavanaugh to be slam dunks either. More to the point, fine, don’t criticize if you don’t feel it’s warranted. That doesn’t change the fact that Tara raede has not produced any actual evidence this occurred. This isn’t even a innocent until proven guilty situation. It’s “this doesn’t have any logical backing. It doesn’t match other stories and she has changed her own repeatedly.” But somehow, saying this woman does not appear to be telling the truth makes me the bad guy.

but straight up. While I won’t say that the rape didn’t occur since I wasn’t there. I do know if I was a juror in a civil trial (note I said civil trial, so not reasonable doubt but just simple reasonable belief) I would be voting down the charge. Hell it wouldn’t take me an hour’s deliberation either.

You want belief from somebody who doesn’t already want to believe it because it exonerates their previously held beliefs of matches their previous dispositions? You, and she are going to need actual factual evidence, not wild eyed accusations.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Evidence would certainly be nice to have, but I guess I'll have to settle for the closest available thing in how people like Ryan Grim and Rich McHugh, two journalists that actually seem to care about their reputation as investigative journalists, think there's something tangible to her claims.

Blog Entries
    see I like that NPR article 12 linked a while back. It was handled in my book professionally and without notable bias. Here is what we have, here is what we don’t have, here is where things changed, here is where family member so and so said they believed her, here is where she said one thing happened and the reporting agency said didn’t etcetera. Make your own judgement.

good piece of reporting.

to which my response is again as someone who by the way, had Biden as third or fourth string, so it’s not like I am super unlimited all Biden all the time, this is not swaying. It doesn’t make you look more credible when you endlessly repeat it. And just as I have heard many a sanders supporter say that Biden and his camp are going to have to convince them Biden’s promises are genuine, you and yours are going to have to be able to make a case that this woman’s claims are worth hearing to people who don’t already want to start with the idea that joe Biden is evil. Because as far as I can tell beginning with that presumption is the only way that as things currently stand Tara raede’s accusations have merit.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Listen, when your defence is basically a combination of 'LALALALALALA NOT LISTENING' and ad hominem, it does not help your case in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    My defense is show me the evidence. It’s not that I disagree with the evidence. It’s that as far as I can tell there isn’t any.

if I come out and say that julee, the lady I worked for 10 years ago* during my internship raped me, and then was unable to indicate where this happened or provide any physiological evidence to this, would anyone believe Julee had raped me?

the answer is they shouldn’t. Maybe they hedge their bets and say well can you give me some more details? Which is exactly what I’m doing. But until you actually see something it goes into the hearsay bin. in no way should Julee’s life change due to my statements as things stand.

* I actually don’t know how long ago I worked for her. Real sweet lady actually.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    My defense is show me the evidence. It’s not that I disagree with the evidence. It’s that as far as I can tell there isn’t any.
    While it's not good for Tara that she lacks some items to lend further credibility to her claim, some actual hard evidence could exist in the University of Delaware's records. What people are calling out about the #MeToo movement is that they aren't making any effort to actually getting those records despite trying to press forward with far less when it was Kavanaugh facing multiple accusations, with the most credible being Dr. Ford's. The best thing that can be said about Dr. Ford's is that she made very few, if any, changes to her story.

However, the circumstantial evidence behind Dr. Ford's claim was far worse than Tara's, as can be cited with things like telling Tara her immediate family (Tara's brother corroborates her statements, that video shows that her mother was aware of some sort of sexual harassment claim from Tara back then) and even people who weren't directly told about the situation, such as interns that Tara was originally in charge of noting that Tara was abruptly removed from her mentor position.

I'm inclined that something did happen to Tara. Was it rape? Who knows? But what I've seen about Tara's case is that Biden's staff acted in what could be a retaliatory fashion against Tara back in 1993, for reasons that are currently murky. I'm inclined to believe that this document going into more details about the incident exists, and find it odd that the #MeToo and Time's Up people aren't attempting to get the document from the University of Delaware.

Anything beyond this is conspiratorial territory, but it does seem kinda fishy that some of the top members of these organizations have direct links to Biden, which can establish a conflict of interest when it comes to investigating Tara's claim.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I've already read stuff where people would vote for him just because they dislike Bidan. How does that work?
    I think what you're seeing is advanced normie brain where peoples real world politics often dont line up along ideological lines.

Hardcore left anti biden guys are just gonna stay home.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Another thing I learnt from America during this pandemic is that most don't really mind if they die from it or that their state and federal government and not doing enough/making it worse in trying to protect the people from it. They just bow down to whatever people says and seems to lose their backbone all of a sudden.

How did you come to that conclusion?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Making it is just thew news I watch. People asking for opening despite the virus running rampant because they need to work to survive, yet they don't bother to demand their government to do more instead. This is a good time for force changes, but they choose to sell themselves as slaves instead. People not doing much despite big companies snatching small business loans, people not doing anything despite bailing out the rich. Yet they do stupid stuff like drinking disinfectants, going to church when it is obvious there are dangers, look on even when your hospitals fire whistleblowers on shitty treatment. In China, dynasties have been overthrew because they made people's life hell. I believe it won't happen in the West since people are well brainwashed, and will just point fingers instead.

I guess it is the double standards that irritates me since we were bombarded with anti-Chinese propaganda at the time we are actively fighting the virus. Weak man of Asia and all those crap. And when the time comes where others are supposed to set up, they fucked up and decides to point fingers instead of trying to make things better.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't even think the people who complain about needing to work are being honest. Most people know that this is killing people in crowded areas and don't want to be stuck in one place with a bunch of strangers for hours on end. I think the majority are people who want other business to open, because the fact their lives are mildly inconvenienced are more important than other peoples lives (because there's no way they would ever get sick, God's on their side).
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it helps you you are not alone in that assessment though I think thats extended to a few other western countries (lots of western europe comes to mind and especially the UK).

its what our good friend kamerad here calls anglos being cucked in his great affinity for words
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute