View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1261 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2617611161121112511256125912601261126212631266127113111361 ... LastLast
Results 25,201 to 25,220 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Actually in the “desire to open everything vs the desire to stay shut down America was one of the stronger “stay shut down” countries. Nate silver had a list of countries and their recent polling on the subject either yesterday or today. Don’t confuse what el presidente and a few governors are putting out for the prevailing national sentiment
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I mean, if you say you can't use China's methods because it is evil and authoritarian, perhaps you can try S.Korea's since it is erh, deomocracy? But nope, people realize that S.Korea is even more strict in micromanaging people's information, even more than China and they cry foul, forgetting that banks and big companies are using your data, with and without your knowledge anyway to make money. Using them to save your lives isn't as important it seems.

I guess its' the double standards that frustrates me, that's all.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The question is less about what opinion you hold and more about how nobody does anything about it.

There's cultural answers to this question but I think the simple one is the power of institutions and the people's ability to envision change in them, so a mix of cultural and simply practical answers. If you look at this thread you can see enthusiasm being ground into nihilism just by practical barriers that make it seem like change is fundamentally impossible and nothing will ever get better. A perfect place to do your own research.

with that mindset effective resistance and thus change can never materialize
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Actually in the “desire to open everything vs the desire to stay shut down America was one of the stronger “stay shut down” countries. Nate silver had a list of countries and their recent polling on the subject either yesterday or today. Don’t confuse what el presidente and a few governors are putting out for the prevailing national sentiment
    I mean, I see many of these polls, but the people having the power and money are pushing for the opening up instead. Make those 'stay shut down' voices be heard, or make them be heard instead of being drowned by the propaganda of El Presidente, big companies and some governors.

Blog Entries
    Again, that may be what the president says, and it may be what some governors and heads of state say. But from the perspective of the American people it’s deeply unpopular. You don’t see the common man on the news because finding some yahoo in a MAGA hat with a cardboard sign that says “reopen now!” And eager to tell you how he doesn’t have to worry about the corona virus because he just gargled bleach makes for better television then the rest of us who show up at the door wearing gloves and home made cloth masks we have a dryer filter inside of.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Again, that may be what the president says, and it may be what some governors and heads of state say. But from the perspective of the American people it’s deeply unpopular. You don’t see the common man on the news because finding some yahoo in a MAGA hat with a cardboard sign that says “reopen now!” And eager to tell you how he doesn’t have to worry about the corona virus because he just gargled bleach makes for better television then the rest of us who show up at the door wearing gloves and home made cloth masks we have a dryer filter inside of.
    That's true. Why El Presidente give stupid briefing on TV is still one of my biggest confusion.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because he's a narcissist.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    He's a narcissist who wants to get reelected. His main "achievement," has largely been riding his predecessor's coattails on numerical economic improvement, but Covid wiped out all of his gains essentially overnight and then some. With the nation facing this crisis, he wants to own the country's recovery politically so he can point out some kind of good he's done the nation.

He's just fabulously bad at it because he's a moron. Most of his "facts" come from the memetically fake, propagandist Fox News and the conspiracy theories and product placement they pass as news.

Problem is, Fox is the most widely consumed news network in the US. They're the mainstream media, especially for Conservatives.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Kansas Poison Control reports cleaning chemical cases up 40%

For some reason a blocky batman and the line "But I was being sarcastic!" Came to mind
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    I’m just spitballing, but I almost wonder if warren right now is undergoing a kind of...uh...I don’t quite now how to phrase it. A shadow audition? Does that make sense? Like lately she has been pitching her donors to support Biden and join on monthly donation lists. So I wonder if she went to him and said something like “make me VP and I’ll bring you unmatched grassroots energy and money for the campaign” to which Biden and Co. asked her to prove it.

EDIT: or maybe she is just a good person supporting her candidate for president and I am a cynical bastard

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    I guess blaming Aliens is the best.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’m just spitballing, but I almost wonder if warren right now is undergoing a kind of...uh...I don’t quite now how to phrase it. A shadow audition? Does that make sense? Like lately she has been pitching her donors to support Biden and join on monthly donation lists. So I wonder if she went to him and said something like “make me VP and I’ll bring you unmatched grassroots energy and money for the campaign” to which Biden and Co. asked her to prove it.

EDIT: or maybe she is just a good person supporting her candidate for president and I am a cynical bastard
    Why would Biden pick Warren? Her supporters are die-hard Democrats anyway. Multiple polls show this, as her base is largely affluent white suburban-dwelling people.

If Biden wants to get Bernie supporters, someone like Nina Turner is the only way.
    Last edited by Trubo; April 28th, 2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Why would Biden pick Warren? Her supporters are die-hard Democrats anyway. Multiple polls show this, as her base is largely affluent white suburban-dwelling people.

If Biden wants to get Bernie supporters, someone like Nina Turner is the only way.
    Please, as if he's going to pick someone sensible. It'll be Warren entirely because she's a woman, so he can go 'look I support women! I don't rape people in hallways!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Democrats turned from "believing women" to "well, if the future of the republic requires some raping here and there then so be it!" faster than you can say "Tara"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

thats kind of like saying why would joe pick Nina turner because all sanders supporters are all democrats or democrat leaning. Technically true but leaves out a lot of nuance. If he is considering warren it’s pretty probably somewhere between access to her donor registry, star power, and status as the most complete and skilled debater of any of the former candidates.

Blog Entries
    That last one would really help the rambling man...

Ngl, I'm expecting Trump to spinecrush Biden in any theoretical debate. Not because he's right, but because he doesn't need to be, and Biden won't have anyone but himself to rely one.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 28th, 2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Please, as if he's going to pick someone sensible. It'll be Warren entirely because she's a woman, so he can go 'look I support women! I don't rape people in hallways!'
    Nah, it'll be Amy or Harris because she's a woman and women like that right? Also, midwesterner or black, because again, those people like those sorts of things, right?

thats kind of like saying why would joe pick Nina turner because all sanders supporters are all democrats or democrat leaning. Technically true but leaves out a lot of nuance.
    Untrue. Of all the candidates, Sanders had the best support among non-voters, independents, latinos, and the young. Showing Sanders supporters that Biden would be willing to staff his administration in key positions with Sanders staffers would actually make them want to turn out.

If he is considering warren it’s pretty probably somewhere between access to her donor registry, star power, and status as the most complete and skilled debater of any of the former candidates.
    Warren literally has none of those things. Her "donors" bailed on her after she sabotaged Bernie in the primaries on Super Tuesday. Her star power is non-existent among the left because of the primary. Her policies are things that none of Biden's donors want.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Uh...on the donor thing, no they didn’t. Warren’s hauls in February and through the end of her campaign continued to be strong, and she has already excelled as a fundraiser for Biden as the general election kicked off.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're delusional Tobias.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/16/71181...ntial-campaign

March 2020, she raised a whopping 6 million from small donations. Show me some info of her soaring in donations in April cause I can't find that, cause that's a drop in the bucket compared to what Sanders' supporters can do.

Before you say "but she dropped out!", remember that Sanders is still getting donations, not because of his election campaign, but because of his charity outreach. Show me Warren's star power to do the same.