View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1263 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531258126112621263126412651268127313131363 ... LastLast
Results 25,241 to 25,260 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes but as far as the narrative there goes the democrats tried turning cash relief into a means tested tax relief and when it finally came as cash measure it had Trumps name on it.

There's still a lot of ways to spin this but a ton of them don't seem too great, especially since the dems chose yellow peril as their playing field of choice. And the Reps will be much better feeding that narrative because they won't have to do it while pretending to not be racist.

i wonder if dem media people could go back if theyd rather have a china than a russia scandal now seeing how this thing played out but i guess it was impossible to anticipate
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Not even kidding, Covid-19 has now killed more US citizens than died in the Vietnam War. Once that sinks in, especially if there's another surge...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    The problem there is that Bernie also wasn't likely to win those crucial voting blocks, either.
    These are the voting blocks that fall in line behind whomever the eventual nominee is, especially since all they care about is beating Trump. These are also the voting blocks that take news from CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, James Clyburn (for the older SC black voters) etc overwhelmingly at face value, so when every single one of those outlets started blaring that Biden is the guy that can beat Trump before Super Tuesday, they fell in line and voted for Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Yes but as far as the narrative there goes the democrats tried turning cash relief into a means tested tax relief and when it finally came as cash measure it had Trumps name on it.
    Not only that, but the only reason Democratic leadership has been holding up these stimulus bills is so that they can continue to throw in big industry bailouts. Case in point: the 100B bailout for corporate hospitals that Pelosi is so proud of getting done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    So basically you're saying it doesn't matter either way and Biden's going to win them as well as Bernie would have. Ideological values and goals and policies don't actually matter to them so long is it's not Trump.

Also, the link to the Vietnam thing: here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes. They'd vote for Jessie Ventura if the DNC decided that he was the one that best suited their interests.

Not to mention, Biden's lead in polls has one really huge problem in the form of none of them being done with a likely voter screening. After applying that, Republicans generally do better, so when Biden is only up by 5 or so points against Trump at this point of time, that's pretty damn concerning when Hillary was up by, what, 16 points at this same point in time in 2016?
    Last edited by Trubo; April 28th, 2020 at 09:25 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Huh. Maybe Biden can actually win, then.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    He absolutely can but any functional candidate would basically crush this election.

this should not be a hard opponent trump is not reagan, hillary is rightfully a joke for getting owned by him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Biden winning is less about Biden's efforts to win at this point than Trump making a mess. Despite what Biden wants to pretend, he doesn't have the Obama voting coalition to rally in his favor. He has Hillary's coalition, and we know how well that ended up in 2016.

Remember, people voted W back to a second term in higher numbers than his first term despite how deeply unpopular he was at the time. Trump has it easier than W considering he has a fanatically loyal base behind him that compromises a significant amount of overall Republican voter base, which is why I'm saying Trump has to fuck up handling the crises in unimaginably awful ways before they abandon him.
    Last edited by Trubo; April 28th, 2020 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    fuck i dont even need to name my own political bias here they couldve run pete, the worst shit he had to take was that he was CIA and most people in the dem voter bloc think those guys rule ever since zero dark thirty came out

now they run with the sundowning guy with credible rape allegations made against him

Blog Entries
    Fair enough XD
    Not a fan of the guy, myself, but I find him less unpleasant than Trump. And far more likely to have capable staff to pick up his slack.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough XD
    Not a fan of the guy, myself, but I find him less unpleasant than Trump. And far more likely to have capable staff to pick up his slack.
    Oh yes, the same staffing picks by and large that ruined Obama's administration and exacerbated the Great Recession. Literally 0 Sanders or, as much as it pains me to say it, Warren picks being floated for major administration roles.

Joe "the senator from MBNA" Biden. Joe "nothing will fundamentally change" Biden. Joe "poor kids are just as smart as white kids" Biden. Joe "we can only re-elect Donald Trump" Biden. Joe "I got hairy legs, that turn...blond in the sun, and the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down, so they can watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap. And I love kids jumping on my lap [as he stares creepily at a young black boy while being handy with a young black girl]" Biden.
    Last edited by Trubo; April 28th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    nobody is a fan of this guy (except like 500 people in washington dc and tobias apparently), thats exactly the problem and why this is gonna make u quiver until the last vote is counted

Blog Entries
    Lol. If that's how you see it, Trubo, then at this point you've gotta admit it's over and done. There's not really a point in complaining about the current situation or the outcome, either. Doesn't matter who wins, we all get screwed, and unless you can somehow motivate the "far" Left minority of the electorate to get off their asses and overthrow the government regardless of who wins (be it by convincing the masses or through actual violence), you're just going to have accept the suck.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    nobody is a fan of this guy (except like 500 people in washington dc and tobias apparently), thats exactly the problem and why this is gonna make u quiver until the last vote is counted
    and the majority of voters in the DNC primary, I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    There's a clear way to send a message that you aren't satisfied with the way things are going which is to go and write-in/third party.

If you don't wanna do insanely long waits as they so often occur you can also stay home.

I really don't think the far left "electoralism is a sham" cynicism is warranted especially when US voter mobilization and voting access aren't anywhere near where they could be. But they clearly need a nudge, and losing once with a clear alternative around wasn't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    i think we already delineated voting and being a fan

hillary got a lot of held nose votes vs trump, wouldn't call all of her voters fans.

would not call a lot of her voters that actually considering post election talk.

Blog Entries
    Sound advice. Not what Toby wants to hear, but reasonable.

Very much a held nose Hillary voter here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Again, these are the people that'd show up for anyone that the DNC says could be Trump. Biden has abysmal support from the young, latinos as a whole, independents, and non-voters.

Remember how Hillary lost 2016 because those voters that were taken for granted didn't show up? Or those voters that her staff literally said "we don't need you"? Same shit, different candidate will happen in 2020 unless Biden actually starts adopting policies that repeatedly get 65+% strong support for, but he won't because he's a bigger corporate hack than Hillary ever was, or Trump fails so spectacularly before November that we can't even imagine the aftermath right now.

Blog Entries
    That’s a false equivalence. Biden beat Bernie by margins Hillary couldn’t dream of. I keep hearing this “Biden is the same as Hillary” talking point. But it’s not been held up by the primary. A primary is the ultimate arena by which to test assumptions. And considering the utter curb stomping Biden delivered to sanders. I find it at puzzling that many of bernie’s supporters continue to hold onto the premise Biden can’t motivate people to vote when he has spent the last few months being straight up better then sanders at doing just that.

I’m excited for Biden. I can’t wait. He wasn’t my first choice by the nominee doesn’t have to be my first choice to be a great president. And it’s not just me either. The vigors said the same thing. Not on twitter or in BL or on R/berniebro but in the one place that mattered, the voting booth.

And since were on the subject I find it somewhat interesting that one of the things I hear a lot is “well why don’t more Biden people talk about him online?” Well maybe because if you do you get whined at, hitched at, and accused of being everything from stupid to supporting rape. Hell I have gotten a few pieces of that right here on the ole BL.

i suppose I should count myself lucky I haven’t gotten a bunch of snake emojis thrown my way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Again, these are the people that'd show up for anyone that the DNC says could be Trump. Biden has abysmal support from the young, latinos as a whole, independents, and non-voters.

Remember how Hillary lost 2016 because those voters that were taken for granted didn't show up? Or those voters that her staff literally said "we don't need you"? Same shit, different candidate will happen in 2020 unless Biden actually starts adopting policies that repeatedly get 65+% strong support for, but he won't because he's a bigger corporate hack than Hillary ever was, or Trump fails so spectacularly before November that we can't even imagine the aftermath right now.
    And Bernie can’t get support from African Americans, suburban women, and elderly voters. So what? The only difference between the two is one is a voting block that is actually worth pursuing. If the premise of your voting style is “give me what I want and maaaayyyyyybe I will support you, perhaps, we will see” then it’s your own fault if a candidate decides its not worth jumping through your hoops and goes after a more reliable vote.

thats the risk and choice you make if you aren’t willing to commit your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    bro people called me a guy who loves stalin cuz i want unions to exist, youll survive trust me

A Berniebro tweeted snake emojis at me and now I don't want people to have health care.