View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1270 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2707701170122012601265126812691270127112721275128013201370 ... LastLast
Results 25,381 to 25,400 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Seems like Fauci is going to testify before Congress, even though the White House ordered him not to. Trump tends to fire people that do that...

Also, looking at that "murder hornet" thing... it's the fucking Suzume Bachi. If those things spread here, global food supply may just be borked outright. They eat honeybees, which are already taking a beating due to infectious diseases, parasites, and global warming here. We export a huge amount of food that won't be produced if those things destroy our bee-buddy pollinators, and we can't spray for the damn things since it'll kill the bees, too.

At least they're edible. You can nom the larva. But they can also kill you.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; May 2nd, 2020 at 06:12 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    I only skimmed the story but wasn’t it trump said he couldn’t testify in front of the house but could in front of the senate, presumably so that McConnell could shield him from questions trump doesn’t want him answering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. =/
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    So El Presidente is going to continuing his schemes in Camp of David instead?

Blog Entries
    Think of it as choosing “praise the capitalists” right before the election.

it doesn’t even ask him if he would like to blame a foreign adversary anymore, it just auto selects “Blame China”
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Think of it as choosing “praise the capitalists” right before the election.

it doesn’t even ask him if he would like to blame a foreign adversary anymore, it just auto selects “Blame China”
    Logically, pointing fingers is way easier than admitting your own failure. Even easier since the idea of Yellow Peril has been ingrained into their brains since the start of the 21st century.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much. Comes with the territory of being the only meaningful rival in both military and economic power while simultaneously claiming an opposing socio-economic model.

It's also super easy to hate on nations that end up on the receiving end of job offshoring, even as that drops prices domestically. People tend to be unhappy when their careers emigrate.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Also, looking at that "murder hornet" thing... it's the fucking Suzume Bachi. If those things spread here, global food supply may just be borked outright. They eat honeybees, which are already taking a beating due to infectious diseases, parasites, and global warming here. We export a huge amount of food that won't be produced if those things destroy our bee-buddy pollinators, and we can't spray for the damn things since it'll kill the bees, too.

Let's hope they haven't got too established in the US and that the entomologists can find them all.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Reducing the credibility of USA is one, seeing how El Presidente is destroying the reputation of USA and make dealings that shouldn't be seen or proud of open and make it sounds good.
    Seems fairly normal to me. I mean, do people remember Bush? It's almost as if Dubya was an old wives' tale at this point.

Like, they already trashed the reputation, what next? Watching Trump emulate Gorby?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    To contribute to the shunning of American politics, India has less deaths during the pandemic than before.

The article I read today in the newspaper (not this one, but I couldn't find it on their site) was commenting on speculation that lockdown dropped the death rate from 7k a month to 5k because no one is falling from overpacked trains or getting into car accidents with ten people inside a compact.
    That's more a function of the deadliness of social interactions in India. Plenty of people in that country would murder you in broad daylight for one reason or the other.

Seems like Fauci is going to testify before Congress, even though the White House ordered him not to. Trump tends to fire people that do that...

The solution is extraordinarily easy: import Japanese bees. They have a way of killing them and are still normal pollinators.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...

New York will never recover at this rate. To be honest, that shithole needed to be depopulated.

Blog Entries
    So Tara raede has now recanted her previous claims stating the report she filed would cooberate her allegations, is now stating that while she thinks she did file a complaint of some sort it did not mention anything about the sexual assault claims. This now means that there is quite literally no way to gather any hard evidence about the allegations.

It also means that there cannot be anything in the university of Delaware files or anywhere else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So Tara raede has now recanted her previous claims stating the report she filed would cooberate her allegations, is now stating that while she thinks she did file a complaint of some sort it did not mention anything about the sexual assault claims. This now means that there is quite literally no way to gather any hard evidence about the allegations.

It also means that there cannot be anything in the university of Delaware files or anywhere else.
    Smearing one's reputation is enough. Just making people having a vague idea that the guy was once accused of rape is enough, even if it is not proven.

Blog Entries
    Sad thing is, you're not even wrong about that. One of my extended family was accused of sexually abusing a child. The kid reported the supposed abuse to a police officer and told some other people... and then later recanted and admitted that he was lying and had wanted to cause trouble because my store-owner relative wouldn't just give the kid some candy without having to pay for it. But by that time, word had already spread, his reputation had been ruined, his shop was failing... and he'd already killed himself over it.

In fact, that was why the kid recounted. The police had come back to investigate after the suicide at the family's request.

This all happened long before I was born, but things haven't changed that much.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Actually I have it on good authority that Tara Reade is actually a deep cover Biden camp operative and this whole ordeal has been a 5D chess play to minimize all the creepy handsy stuff he does next to a real big boy sexual assault allegation then knock it down for the spurious accusation it was always meant to be, giving all the big name supporters a reason to come out and speak to his character and rehabbing his image in time for the general, follow the money sheeple

Blog Entries
    Sad thing is, you're not even wrong about that. One of my extended family was accused of sexually abusing a child. The kid reported the supposed abuse to a police officer and told some other people... and then later recanted and admitted that he was lying and had wanted to cause trouble because my store-owner relative wouldn't just give the kid some candy without having to pay for it. But by that time, word had already spread, his reputation had been ruined, his shop was failing... and he'd already killed himself over it.

In fact, that was why the kid recounted. The police had come back to investigate after the suicide at the family's request.

This all happened long before I was born, but things haven't changed that much.
    It always works. A lie will become true when enough people believe it, be it in personal level, or between nations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Actually I have it on good authority that Tara Reade is actually a deep cover Biden camp operative and this whole ordeal has been a 5D chess play to minimize all the creepy handsy stuff he does next to a real big boy sexual assault allegation then knock it down for the spurious accusation it was always meant to be, giving all the big name supporters a reason to come out and speak to his character and rehabbing his image in time for the general, follow the money sheeple
    if that’s true Biden owes me a check

Blog Entries
    So Pompeo is insisting that the virus comes from Wuhan lab but at the same time contradicts himself when he agrees with the American Intelligence Department that it is not man made in the same interview? Cute.

Blog Entries
    El presidente is the epitome of American intelligence! He is a very stable genius or understands at an instinctual level what our “spies” don’t. Therefor agreeing with El presidente is of course agreeing with the findings of American intelligence

Blog Entries
    What is this faux Stalinist response?

But seriously, Pompeo long ago killed his credibility deader than Bin Laden. All he's doing now is blowing hot air and dragging the reputation of the Marines through the mud by claiming he represents their creed. Anyone who believes his dumb ass at this point was already beyond the reach of common sense.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Bin laden is not dead. His buddy Obama picked him up, had seal team 5 go get him and drop him off at a plush private island and he and Obama hang out there once a year to praise allah and bang Christian god fearing white women they imported from the Clinton’s pizza parlor.

Biden always says he will go too but always forgets because he forgot his dementia medicine

Blog Entries
    Yup, Toby's definitely from Texas
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning