View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1307 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3078071207125712971302130513061307130813091312131713571407 ... LastLast
Results 26,121 to 26,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    A man was murdered in cold blood by jacked up thugs with a badge, and people are using it as a call to arms to address a very real sickness in American culture.

And here you are over here whining about victim glorification.

What would you have us do? Spit on the graves of the all the people murdered by police and do nothing because it might seem a little too communist for your liking?
    It's almost as if there needs to be a system in place to determine whether or not someone's actions were criminal or not, huh? As for "a little" too communist, this is literal culture revolution.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    It's almost as if there needs to be a system in place to determine whether or not someone's actions were criminal or not, huh? As for "a little" too communist, this is literal culture revolution.
    I know! It's great, isn't it? XD
    A nice change of pace. Maybe something will actually improve this time.

That said, if it bothers you that much, at least you have relatives with experience getting away from this sort of thing. That's gotta useful as a last resort.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At this point, I should point out that it is that same system that has been repeatedly ignored by the police in question.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    jfc, L3

We're not going to descend into an anarchist hellhole by holding cops responsible for their very real, very long history of bad behavior.

And a cultural revolution isn't exactly a bad thing when we have children in cages at our border and this terrible tendency to drone strike weddings and hospitals in the name of "muh freedom."

America sucks. Let's make it suck less.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We're not going to descend into an anarchist hellhole by holding cops responsible for their very real, very long history of bad behavior.
    And a cultural revolution isn't exactly a bad thing when we have children in cages at our border and this terrible tendency to drone strike weddings and hospitals in the name of "muh freedom."
    America sucks. Let's make it suck less.
    Not sure how the legal system can be fixed by destroying historical sites. Drone strikes. Well, that's been solved: https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-...ns-11557403411 Compared to other countries, at least, America is great. The fact that you can say it sucks disproves your initial theory.

What the fuck do you want people to do when the system itself does not want to change to implement rules that will reduce police violence? Why do you want people to remain civil in the face of the brutality they suffer just because of their traits that they cannot change?

You have a very naive idea about how changes happen, desegregation did not happen because the protesters were civil.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how the legal system can be fixed by destroying historical sites. Drone strikes. Well, that's been solved: https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-...ns-11557403411 Compared to other countries, at least, America is great. The fact that you can say it sucks disproves your initial theory.
    Let's take this brick by brick.

By historical sites, are you referring to the statues of racist pieces of shit erected by other racist pieces of shit to hold down black people? 'cause the sooner those get torn down, the better. The Confederacy is for losers.

Yeah, OK, I'll believe a bomb has super-special shrapnel that only cuts through evil terrorist flesh instead of that good civilian flesh. That's totally not Pentagon PR at all.

Your whataboutism has no effect on me. Just because other countries suck more doesn't mean that America stops sucking. Sure, we're not Saudi Arabia. Cool. Am I supposed to be impressed by that?

Your problem, L3, is that you have no sense of context or nuance. If things are somewhat good, then they must be good in all aspects. There are good things about America, sure, but there's an awful lot of shit staining this nation, too. You sound like someone who just can't (or won't) wrap your mind around the fact that this country has glaring, unforgivable flaws that need to be squashed ASAP. We were founded on native genocide and slavery. We bombed and oppressed our way through the Cold War, overthrowing democratically elected leaders to install pro-Western dictators. Our history is a litany of skeletons. And that kind of thinking continues to shape our country to this day with children in cages at our border and entire families torn apart by medical debt and police lynching and so on.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of throwing up our hands and saying, "oh well, could be worse" we should instead start saying "let's make this better."

America is a shithole country. Let's clean it up.
    Last edited by Imperial; June 19th, 2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    black people burning wendy's and shitting on statues is literally the cultural revolution guise they are literally the yellow turban xdd
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Seriously, L3

What would you have people do?

How are we supposed to respond to this rampant police brutality? Do you have an actual solution in mind, or are you just shouting down the victims like those mouth-breathing All Lives Matter goons?

I'm an EMT who lives and works in Atlanta. I know the crew that responded to the Rayshard Brooks shooting. I went to school with one of them. I know the nurses that tried to save him.

This shit is happening in my backyard.

Let every Wendy's in the state burn if that gets the dead some justice.
    Last edited by Imperial; June 19th, 2020 at 08:07 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    I find it poetically ironic that someone named Imperial is defending a societal change.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Let every Wendy's in the state burn if that gets the dead some justice.
    So essentially mob rule, so long as the mob are the "good guys" or fighting for a "good cause"? Yes, the Way of Supreme Peace was also a "good cause". There was a line in Disgaea said by Prism Red. "Justice must never lose. No matter what the means." It made me nauseous.

Blog Entries
    So essentially mob rule, so long as the mob are the "good guys" or fighting for a "good cause"? Yes, the Way of Supreme Peace was also a "good cause". There was a line in Disgaea said by Prism Red. "Justice must never lose. No matter what the means." It made me nauseous.
    1. Way to dodge literally every other point I made. Do you not feel confident tackling those points because you know you don't have a leg to stand on?

2. You honestly can't tell me that fighting against the rampant and widespread trend of murder-by-cop is somehow a bad thing. You're making all of these false equivalencies to the Three Kingdoms that just don't hold up under any sort of scrutiny. America 2020 is not China 220.

3. You can kindly knock it off with your pop culture links. People are dying out there. Stop treating this like a goofy game of seeing who can shoehorn more anime and video games into the discussion.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The very fact that you somehow segued into justifying the destruction of private property, such as Wendy's, shows that you aren't exactly a mentally sound person. Having a vested interest doesn't mean your way of thinking is right. Heck, it might even cloud your judgment. That's why cops (oops, triggered), doctors, lawyers, etc. are generally discouraged from taking cases that happen to people they personally know. Like I said, can "defense of property" hold up with "self-defense" when killing?

Even gelotologists can't help me now

Blog Entries
    Huh. So why the insults at Imperial? He seems p legit in trying to be sensible no-troll. And where was the vested interest part, again?

Also, ye, the game posts aren't really helping your credibility.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Squidward moving in with Spongebob and refusing to look for work was a dialectical for why communism is bad.

Blog Entries
    The very fact that you somehow segued into justifying the destruction of private property, such as Wendy's, shows that you aren't exactly a mentally sound person. Having a vested interest doesn't mean your way of thinking is right. Heck, it might even cloud your judgment. That's why cops (oops, triggered), doctors, lawyers, etc. are generally discouraged from taking cases that happen to people they personally know. Like I said, can "defense of property" hold up with "self-defense" when killing?
    This whole "defense of property" = "killed in self-defense" thing is a mind-bender.

A building cannot die or bleed or plead for its mother. A building is a block of concrete and metal. It doesn't think or feel. It doesn't matter.

The people in my community being gunned down like rabid dogs is something that matters. At least to me. I guess wanting people in my community not to die in pain and terror does cloud my judgment a bit. I don't know why that's a bad thing.

Is empathy a bad thing? Compassion for others?

The fact that you throw in a glib little "oops, triggered" makes me think you're the kind of person who objected to Colin Kaepernick taking a knee.

There's no just cause or guiding philosophy to anything you are saying. You take issue with the very concept of changing the status quo, even if the status quo is broken and horrifying. You put forward no solutions. You just want to shout down everyone who says things need to change because *some* change has been bad. You object to someone objecting and offer nothing of substance.

Answer the question.

What would you have us do? How are we supposed to get past this flagrant, perpetual state of police overreach? What are you doing and what could be done to make the world a better place?

If you have no answer, then I want you to sit and think on that for a good, long while.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil War in France
    The working men’s Paris, in the act of its heroic self-holocaust, involved in its flames buildings and monuments. While tearing to pieces the living body of the proletariat, its rulers must no longer expect to return triumphantly into the intact architecture of their abodes. The government of Versailles cries, “Incendiarism!” and whispers this cue to all its agents, down to the remotest hamlet, to hunt up its enemies everywhere as suspect of professional incendiarism. The bourgeoisie of the whole world, which looks complacently upon the wholesale massacre after the battle, is convulsed by horror at the desecration of brick and mortar!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This whole "defense of property" = "killed in self-defense" thing is a mind-bender.

A building cannot die or bleed or plead for its mother. A building is a block of concrete and metal. It doesn't think or feel. It doesn't matter.

The people in my community being gunned down like rabid dogs is something that matters. At least to me. I guess wanting people in my community not to die in pain and terror does cloud my judgment a bit. I don't know why that's a bad thing.

Is empathy a bad thing? Compassion for others?

The fact that you throw in a glib little "oops, triggered" makes me think you're the kind of person who objected to Colin Kaepernick taking a knee.

There's no just cause or guiding philosophy to anything you are saying. You take issue with the very concept of changing the status quo, even if the status quo is broken and horrifying. You put forward no solutions. You just want to shout down everyone who says things need to change because *some* change has been bad. You object to someone objecting and offer nothing of substance.

Answer the question.

What would you have us do? How are we supposed to get past this flagrant, perpetual state of police overreach? What are you doing and what could be done to make the world a better place?

If you have no answer, then I want you to sit and think on that for a good, long while.
    Buildings costs money. Blood, sweat, and tears earn that money. Like I said, all trespassers will be shot. All survivors will be shot again. First things first. Stop the destruction of property, especially towards private establishments, that have no direct control in the government, but I'm sure you'd prefer the whole world burn, just so that you can get your (totally righteous) way, huh? And referencing ancient China is absolutely relevant, as human thinking clearly hasn't evolved since then, if I'm on the road and get robbed by bandits, they die. I couldn't care less about their sob story to feed their family.

Blog Entries
    wow badass