View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1315 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3158151215126513051310131313141315131613171320132513651415 ... LastLast
Results 26,281 to 26,300 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There are multiple versions/strains of the coronavirus, and this one is not the same as the one from SARS before. Besides, they aren't freaking Clairvoyants who can predict exactly how a virus will mutate over time and have a readymade cure.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Any virus outbreak is kind of a national scale threat. Especially when ground zero is a major transport hub.
    Accidental release may be the most likely of the lab origins. Though that should be very unlikely with any reasonable professionalism and equipment, let alone managing to get it into a human.

As we've been trying to say, there are so many viruses out in the wild it's far more likely one of them than a series of unfortunate human actions with something in storage.

Whatever the source, the lack of taking it seriously until too late has only harmed everyone. It sounds more like local government suppressing any bad news and saving face. There doesn't seem to be much rationality in the response.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    If this was engineered as a bioweapon, the CCP did a shitty job all around
    When I first about the conspiracy theories of COVID being a bioeweapon, I looked at what they were saying and it the end it was nonsense. Scientists agree that there is not evidence of artificial genetic manipulation, and if they wanted to release a bio-weapon, there are way better options like anthrax.

Blog Entries
    The main reason that theory took off, I think, is because there was some old novel about basically the same thing happening coupled with Trump and Co. looking for any excuse they can to bash China as an enemy of the US... rather than say, pointing out a bunch of legitimately horrible things China really does do. That said, this is kind of a pot and kettle scenario. China botched how they handled the virus... and then we proceeded to botch it as well. Blaming people doesn't really do any good unless there's some intent after this mess is all over to demand compensation from the CCP... which seems insane, a fool's endeavor, and a bad precedent besides.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

Blog Entries
    The main reason that theory took off, I think, is because there was some old novel about basically the same thing happening coupled with Trump and Co. looking for any excuse they can to bash China as an enemy of the US... rather than say, pointing out a bunch of legitimately horrible things China really does do. That said, this is kind of a pot and kettle scenario. China botched how they handled the virus... and then we proceeded to botch it as well. Blaming people doesn't really do any good unless there's some intent after this mess is all over to demand compensation from the CCP... which seems insane, a fool's endeavor, and a bad precedent besides.
    Not really. Some people are hot on the idea that the USA will lead a 50 Nation Alliance to fuck China up again just like the Eight Nations Alliance did in the past. They believe COVID-19 is the rallying point and will get huge support from the international community since countries tend to use aggressive foreign policies or even war to divert attention away from home which is caused by shitty governance.
    Last edited by rxrx; June 21st, 2020 at 09:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Funny. I haven't heard that. Are you sure it's not domestic propaganda?

Also, strikes be rolling~
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Funny. I haven't heard that. Are you sure it's not domestic propaganda?

Also, strikes be rolling~
    Nope. The attempt to brainwash people around the world the virus is manufactured is part of the effort. It might work if the other countries try harder to contain the virus. Anyway, I think it is an uphill battle people in America sincere to act to get the police department to do good reforms since there are people sabotaging their efforts by either pillaging under the name, or causing violence to smear the protests.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Not really. Some people are hot on the idea that the USA will lead a 50 Nation Alliance to fuck China up again just like the Eight Nations Alliance did in the past. They believe COVID-19 is the rallying point and will get huge support from the international community since countries tend to use aggressive foreign policies or even war to divert attention away from home which is caused by shitty governance.
    Not quite sure what your opinion on the matter is, but the fact is that the Eight Nations Alliance was justified as it was a response to the Boxer Rebellion (that the Manchurian government condoned, if not endorsed), so yes, "just like the Eight Nations Alliance", in the good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    There are multiple versions/strains of the coronavirus, and this one is not the same as the one from SARS before. Besides, they aren't freaking Clairvoyants who can predict exactly how a virus will mutate over time and have a readymade cure.
    Oh, I'm not saying that China has a cure yet, but they definitely had the virus.

Blog Entries
    Your blind hatred of the CCP reflects badly of you. Soon, you will tell me the Japanese did a good job for massacring the Chinese during WWII and all atrocities they did are justified, but at the same time you will complain on the same atrocities committed by other countries. I will take back my word though if you say the Holocaust is a good thing and the Nazis are doing the world a favor, but alas the idiots in the world prevented the great Führer from liberating mankind from the demonspawn known as the Jews.

Blog Entries
    All of my wut.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Your blind hatred of the CCP reflects badly of you. Soon, you will tell me the Japanese did a good job for massacring the Chinese during WWII and all atrocities they did are justified, but at the same time you will complain on the same atrocities committed by other countries. I will take back my word though if you say the Holocaust is a good thing and the Nazis are doing the world a favor, but alas the idiots in the world prevented the great Führer from liberating mankind from the demonspawn known as the Jews.
    First of all, being Chinese, I can't tell the difference between Jews and Caucasians, so that's really a moot point for me. My point about the Boxer Rebellion still stands. They literally had "scoreboards" for killing foreigners, like killing a foreign man gets you so much bounty, killing a foreign woman gets you so much, killing a foreign child, etc. As for the Japanese, I believe that I had mentioned the Marco Polo bridge incident, which may have been caused by Chinese Communists to divert Japan's attention away from the Soviet Union. As for Japanese killing Chinese civilians believing that they are guerillas, that's basically what the American forces did to the Vietnamese during the Vietnam war. Rules of engagement state that active soldiers must wear uniforms. When plainclothes personnel attack an enemy army, they no longer have a right to complain when that enemy army reacts by labeling all plainclothes persons as potential threats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    First of all, being Chinese, I can't tell the difference between Jews and Caucasians, so that's really a moot point for me. My point about the Boxer Rebellion still stands. They literally had "scoreboards" for killing foreigners, like killing a foreign man gets you so much bounty, killing a foreign woman gets you so much, killing a foreign child, etc. As for the Japanese, I believe that I had mentioned the Marco Polo bridge incident, which may have been caused by Chinese Communists to divert Japan's attention away from the Soviet Union. As for Japanese killing Chinese civilians believing that they are guerillas, that's basically what the American forces did to the Vietnamese during the Vietnam war. Rules of engagement state that active soldiers must wear uniforms. When plainclothes personnel attack an enemy army, they no longer have a right to complain when that enemy army reacts by labeling all plainclothes persons as potential threats.
    You have your views, I have mine. Just one final question. Are you still living in China?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, of course not. The US.

Blog Entries
    No, of course not. The US.
    That explains much. Let's end it here lest we loop on the issue.

Oh, did you teacher teach you the Opium War broke out because Great Britain wants to help Qing China to get rid of the habit of smoking them?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The first thing that comes to mind about opium is the hilarious slang term for it in Chinese, which translates roughly to lucky and happy paste.

Blog Entries
    The first thing that comes to mind about opium is the hilarious slang term for it in Chinese, which translates roughly to lucky and happy paste.
    Yep. We are never going to see this issue eye to eye.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As for the Eight Nations Alliance looting Chinese cultural artifacts, understand that, while China does use culture as a symbol of power and authority, culture for the sake of culture was pretty much a foreign concept until the west introduced it (which now translates to the westerners like seeing our stuff, so let's not destroy it and even create counterfeit "ancient" artifacts using the art of tea stains). Because of this, unlike the old structures of the Roman Empire, whenever a new empire rose in China, they tried very hard to wipe out the culture of the old one, by destroying all of its old buildings and artifacts, compared to western-style looting, which generally keeps the things mostly intact (except for the Spanish burning Aztec books because they were freaked out about "satanic rituals").

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, no kidding. And it was far deadlier besides. The current one isn't all that deadly, though still about 8 times the mortality rate of the flu. It's just damn good at spreading. If this was engineered as a bioweapon, the CCP did a shitty job all around; it got loose in one of their most important economic centers, one that directly interacts with virtually the entirety of their economy, they didn't have a treatment ready for their own people, they couldn't contain it, and refused to own up to it. However, as a weapon, it's not deadly enough and poses too much of a risk to boots on the ground.

Not to mention they're now eating round 2 of this bad boy.

Odds are pretty good China didn't make this. Nor anyone else, for that matter, since no one seemed ready for it and it's wrecking the whole global economy.
    While I don't believe that this was designed to be a bioweapon, I disagree that it hasn't proven itself to be pretty effective. However, its efficacy has been more on harming economics than direct life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    While I don't believe that this was designed to be a bioweapon, I disagree that it hasn't proven itself to be pretty effective. However, its efficacy has been more on harming economics than direct life.
    Most weapons by major countries to other major countries work like that. Nowadays, only terrorists focus on killing individuals vs. crippling entire countries (which China will then "rescue" for a price).