View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1316 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3168161216126613061311131413151316131713181321132613661416 ... LastLast
Results 26,301 to 26,320 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    just hire one of those anime artist smh
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    just hire one of those anime artist smh

Oh lord, now I'm imagining Takeuchi getting the job.

Every museum curator ever: "Why is this painting now of a blonde woman with a braid bun?!?"

Blog Entries
    it's not restoration, sure, but it would be an improvement
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    For once, we agree on something. Though, that's practically a foregone conclusion for this site's forumites. Banpai Akira is fine, too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jesus Christ I hadn't seen the St. George one

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That doesn't surprise me in the least. As someone put it on Twitter, police culture spontaneously created its own version of 8chan: https://www.huffpostbrasil.com/entry...6b4?ri18n=true

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    You know most rational people do not want the outcome to be "zero cops from now on and forever," but rather to restructure the police from the ground up. But to quote Japanese cartoons, "first comes destruction, to create you must first destroy," etc. The system is provably so corrupt that it is seemingly impossible to positively reform, so the proposed solution is to completely get rid of what we have and replace it with something better. But it's a much easier slogan to shout "abolish/defund the police" than it is to "abolish and structurally reform the police from the ground up."

Personally, I want those PDs that get $500m USD every year to spend arming themselves like a small army to have their funds cut and invest that money in more useful things. Like transit.

Make America choo-choo again.
    Or you know, corrective instead of punitive sentences.

I do not understand how even states like yours could make prisons profitable. I'm sure they are considered a sink for public finances everywhere else, unless the jails for profit I keep hearing about is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Oh lord, now I'm imagining Takeuchi getting the job.

Every museum curator ever: "Why is this painting now of a blonde woman with a braid bun?!?"
    If said woman ends up being Great Spanish Hero-Knight, I'm going to rage quit Eurasia.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; June 23rd, 2020 at 01:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    For profit prisons are quite real. They're both a form of literal corporate slavery and a money hole billed as savings for taxpayers. They're also one reason why there's little incentive to reduce sentencing or recidivism; they make money for wealthy investors off the most desperate and the average citizenry. Dems hate the things, theoretically, but Reps can't get enough of this particular public-private partnership.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Just like Emmett Till.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Yup. Though that wasn't just the police with the Till plaque.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    For profit prisons are quite real. They're both a form of literal corporate slavery and a money hole billed as savings for taxpayers. They're also one reason why there's little incentive to reduce sentencing or recidivism; they make money for wealthy investors off the most desperate and the average citizenry. Dems hate the things, theoretically, but Reps can't get enough of this particular public-private partnership.
    I just don't understand how prisons could possibly generate money. I mean, it's literally subsidized housing with misery added by the staff.

Blog Entries
    by turning the inmates into "unpaid workers". there's a reason USA has 22 percent of the world's prison population despite making up only 4.4 percent of the world's total population. slavery has not been abolished, not really. they just reform it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Prisoners are California's best "firefighters." So much for Dem opposition to this slave labor.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Old and obvious news, but I'm sure that there are gainsayers. Confucian institutes are at worst nests of foreign spies, but even at best, a method to weaken the ways of thinking of other countries where the institute is, while the CCP strengthens itself. In other words, the CCP wants every other country in the world to think like Confucius, while they think like Cao Cao. Now, if absolutely everyone thought like Confucius, the world would indeed be a better place, but frankly, that is an impossible dream, thought only by idealists at best and imbeciles at worst. Therefore, the next best thing is if everyone in the world thought like Cao Cao. The worst place to be is where only a few countries think like Cao Cao and end up ruling the world, while all the rest think that they can get ahead by thinking like Confucius. It's essentially the bed of nails trick on a political scale: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_of_nails No nails is great. All nails might be a tad uncomfortable, but still more than acceptable. Only a handful of nails, and people get impaled like Uncle Vlad's next pet project.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Prisoners are California's best "firefighters." So much for Dem opposition to this slave labor.
    Yeah. There's a reason I said "theoretically."
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post

Old and obvious news, but I'm sure that there are gainsayers. Confucian institutes are at worst nests of foreign spies, but even at best, a method to weaken the ways of thinking of other countries where the institute is, while the CCP strengthens itself. In other words, the CCP wants every other country in the world to think like Confucius, while they think like Cao Cao. Now, if absolutely everyone thought like Confucius, the world would indeed be a better place, but frankly, that is an impossible dream, thought only by idealists at best and imbeciles at worst. Therefore, the next best thing is if everyone in the world thought like Cao Cao. The worst place to be is where only a few countries think like Cao Cao and end up ruling the world, while all the rest think that they can get ahead by thinking like Confucius. It's essentially the bed of nails trick on a political scale: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_of_nails No nails is great. All nails might be a tad uncomfortable, but still more than acceptable. Only a handful of nails, and people get impaled like Uncle Vlad's next pet project.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I just don't understand how prisons could possibly generate money. I mean, it's literally subsidized housing with misery added by the staff.
    Along with all the barely paid labour (not unpaid but like a dollar a day), they also charge something like 50-100$ for visits, which are often done now over videochat, ostensibly to limit contraband (which most often comes through guards and service workers anyways). Plus they get paid X amount of dollars per prisoner by the government and then skimp like motherfuckers on everything from food to sanitation.

TL;DR nickle and dime-ing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...rce=NYPTwitter There. Now, you don't have to focus on pseudo-racist nonsense, like math, and focus on the real problems.