View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1337 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3378371237128713271332133513361337133813391342134713871437 ... LastLast
Results 26,721 to 26,740 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    That's not that unheard of. I mean, there's places where albinos are hunted to use their bodyparts for magic. Thinking bald guys have gold in their skulls is no less ridiculous.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You'd think the hair would help hide the gold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    You'd think the hair would help hide the gold.
    What is wealth if you can't flaunt it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Man, shit's just weird these days. An anti-feminist lawyer seems to have dressed as a Fedex deliveryman and tried to murder a female judge who's been involved in some big-name cases, including the Epstein case. He killed her son and wounded her husband instead, then turned up dead just across the state line. Link's here. This sounds like some conspiracy theory shit, but maybe it's just extremism? Idk.

Meanwhile, Portland continues to degenerate. I'm honestly wondering how much longer we have before the protesters start firing on the Feds, what with this abduction crap and the fact that they're not abiding by the legal restrictions placed on local law enforcement about tear gas and rubber bullets. They beat the fuck out of a Navy Veteran and broke his hand when he tried to ask them why they weren't obeying their oath to the Constitution. The local and state government has been trying to get the Feds to leave, but the Department of Homeland Security just says no. They're suing at this point, but no telling how it'll go.

It's not even "Law and Order," at this point. It's breaking the law to enforce order.
    Was that before or after this: https://www.newsweek.com/seattle-pro...greens-1518970 https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...olice-injured/ Detained for questioning is technically a different thing than a formal arrest. As for breaking the law, yes, peaceful protesting is legal. However, is rioting? Is blocking traffic? Is protesting without a permit? Then again, these are the same people who said that "silence is violence" and now claim that violent riots are either "peaceful protests" or that "this is the only way to change things for the better".

This reminds me of when I was first introduced to 3 Kingdoms and other periods of warring states. First, the stories, namely the ones with a particular bias, such as Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, tell you who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are. Whenever the "good guys" do something clever, it is a "masterful strategy". However, whenever the "bad guys" do the exact same thing, it's a "dastardly scheme". Why do you think I found Souten Kouro to be so refreshing? Now, it's Cao Cao doing the "masterful strategies", and Liu Bei is... Well, still not a "bad guy", but less heroic and more comedic with his large ears and long arms, but I digress.

Blog Entries
    I fail to see how one group of disorganized protesters' actions reflect on the actions of another's. Kind of like how PDs that have actually taken good steps to address the problems in policing shouldn't be subject to this kind of pressure, protesters who aren't causing harm shouldn't be subject to force. Let them block the streets. Permits are just another method of sweeping the problem under the rug. As the founding fathers showed, sometimes you have to break rules, laws, and faces to get meaningful change.

Also, if you have a bunch of guys in camo pull up in an unmarked van pile out and try to grab you when you're not doing anything wrong, you should either be running or shooting. That shit happens in a place like Mexico, it's a kidnapping. Treat it the same here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    See. The Founding Fathers were trying to create a new country and start a formal war. Is this an admission to secession? Also, Founding Fathers, eh? I thought that you couldn't glorify them anymore, due to slavery or some such. Good on bringing them up when it's convenient for you. If they're so great, then you should also admit that they deserve statues and the like. If not, then don't hide behind the very dead whom you are befouling with vandalism. A protest that blocks the streets without a permit is not legal and therefore isn't protected under the law either. You can't just hide beyond the law whenever it's convenient, whilst also breaking it. People have a right to freedom. They lose that right when they commit offenses that can be punished by jail time. Are they not doing anything wrong, though? 90-minute kidnappings are a thing? Also, not quite "unmarked":

Also, my "stake" in this, in a nutshell:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 21st, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think you're confusing my positions with those of some of the other members XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, some stuff just gets a bit blended. Also:

Blog Entries
    It happens. To define my position in regards to statues; it's fine for them to exist. If they're offensive, put them in a museum or something and provide some context. I consider them works of art and thus worthy of treatment as such, even if what they stand for is Oof, with the notable exception of mass-produced, pre-fab works.

On national heroes... as I've said before, I'm fond of Vlad the Impaler. I view him as someone who ultimately worked for the good of his country and it's people, especially the common people, against corruption, poverty, and foreign threats. His methods were cruel and barbaric, and he certainly committed atrocities in the course of his life. Both aspects of this bear remembrance; while he's a hero to some, he's an utter monster to others. I find that this is true of most figures. Someone's hero is someone else's villain. Even those who would be controversial to place one label or the other on. As such, I feel that respecting such people is fine, but remembering the context is critical.

Also, odds are pretty good you're not going to find a pic of unidentified Feds in Portland; that's probably a stock photo or one pulled from a more official situation in the Tweet. I can feel the second Tweet, tho. Tbh, at this point, I'm really just waiting for what amounts to open warfare to break out over there.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I agree with your statue position, then. People can do whatever they want with their own private property on their own private land, but in terms of statues on public property, museums and informational plaques would help. Yes, Uncle Vlad is cool. And also, if you're a Lovecraft fan, let's be honest. Yes, he's racist, but a lot of his works about aliens were so good because the writer himself always felt the presence of "aliens" all around him. There's that whole bit about all artists are crazy. That's why they're good. Well, it would be difficult for me to comment on something that I haven't seen, then. Written word can have biases. I say this assuming that these "protesters" are cut from the same cloth of people who find my... inclinations to be "problematic microaggressions". Given this, why should I shed tears for their plight? Since you mentioned the Founding Fathers, I feel like my position is similar to that of the natives... What stake should they have in the American Revolution?

And yes, I feel like I'm just repeating stuff that I said to Spinach on June 23rd, 2020 03:03 PM, that he hasn't responded to, apparently, so just look there for more details: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/member.php/916-Spinach

Blog Entries
    Lol. On point on biases. Can't even trust audio and video these days due to deep fakes, let alone print and photo. At this point, we're increasingly Russia; can't trust anything you see or hear without personally witnessing it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And also, if you're a Lovecraft fan, let's be honest. Yes, he's racist, but a lot of his works about aliens were so good because the writer himself always felt the presence of "aliens" all around him.
    it's no like we need to shit on Lovecraft nowadays, considering how miserable his existence on Earth was

Really grinds my gears when folks making money off of his ideas go out of their way to shit on him for clout

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I mentioned several times in several scenarios, I value talent (good vs. bad) over conventional slave morality (good vs. evil), so if it improves his writing, I have little problem with his racism. I believe that the Grand Admiral sums this up quite nicely: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...ism-DFSFTE.ogg You'll find that phrases that may be defined as "insulting" to others might not be so to me, and phrases not insulting to others may be so to me. In terms of Portland, here is an unbiased video:

Given that these are mostly non-black rioters who are not even from Portland, and who even destroy African-American-owned businesses, while spewing nonsense that they are this for the African-American community, it is insulting to Hong Kong to compare them to the justified protests of Hong Kong. These more closely resemble the riots of the mainland Chinese against "Japanese" businesses, due to that Senkaku island nonsense and residual WWII salt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_C...demonstrations These rioters destroyed businesses that were "totally Japanese", such as McDonald's and Samsung, at least some of which were franchised to Chinese business owners. The most disgusting boots to lick are those of communists.

JP Friend Code
    It's less about his talent and more about his condition for me. It's not like Lovecraft was some wealthy oligarch who owned hundreds of slaves - he led a mostly miserable existence and died young and in poverty, all of his fame coming posthumously.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    And also, if you're a Lovecraft fan, let's be honest. Yes, he's racist, but a lot of his works about aliens were so good because the writer himself always felt the presence of "aliens" all around him. There's that whole bit about all artists are crazy. That's why they're good.
    As I mentioned several times in several scenarios, I value talent (good vs. bad) over conventional slave morality (good vs. evil), so if it improves his writing, I have little problem with his racism.
    Man this is a first. Most people I see who read Lovecraft know he's racist but don't say their conclusion is that his writing is great because of it. More of an embarrassment.

It's less about his talent and more about his condition for me. It's not like Lovecraft was some wealthy oligarch who owned hundreds of slaves - he led a mostly miserable existence and died young and in poverty, all of his fame coming posthumously.
    Lovecraft would be a better leftist that most of the online leftists in youtube and twitter.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Man this is a first. Most people I see who read Lovecraft know he's racist but don't say their conclusion is that his writing is great because of it. More of an embarrassment.
    It's hard not to associate Lovecraft's racism and xenophobia to his work's general theme of foreign-abominations-out-to-get-you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    His story about New York overrun by aliens (from other planets) was literally based on his time in New York where he saw that it was overrun by aliens (from other countries).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    It's hard not to associate Lovecraft's racism and xenophobia to his work's general theme of foreign-abominations-out-to-get-you.
    Which is the dilemma for readers. His essay about fear is rather insightful. If someone were to reject consuming and thinking about his works because they felt that was too intertwined, I wouldn't fault them.

Though yes, it is documented that Lovecraft did recant some of his prior views.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely. If you can stop reading them, but you also must expect that your "leading by example" won't stop anyone else.