View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1366 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3668661266131613561361136413651366136713681371137614161466 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,320 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    re: looting

That's just USA data though. Again, we are defaulting to the USA standards being the ones we should judge an universal problem like 'Should people riot to protest or not', while ignoring the fact that this discussion stems from a book claiming LOOTING specifically, not peaceful protests, as a valid means of expression, and a store simply exerting the right to post a sign saying they don't want to be stolen everything they have like, you know, any sane person would. It's not like the sign was magically shooting anyone with its evil oppression powers.

So you are, not only applying USA stats to a global issue when other countries (then again, most of the time only USA matters at all) are far more likely to have mass protests erupt into widespread violence, but you are missing the point and applying terms of pacific protests to a discussion that was about violent reactions in the first place.
    Last edited by OverMaster; September 5th, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    re: looting

Imagine if that was the statistic for police brutality

"Over 93% of police interactions don't end up in death or excessive violence"
    Does that sounds good enough?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; September 5th, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In this hypothetical situation, WHY do 7% of police interactions end up in death or excessive violence? Is it because the situation actually called for it, or is it because the police escalated the situation in the first place? Saying "*excessive* violence" implies the latter, not the former, so no, it still wouldn't be good enough. Now, if 7% of Black Lives Matter protests have been violent, I think a more pertinent question would be "why were those protests necessary in the first place?".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, the more pertinent question is "why are those reasons a valid excuse for protests to turn violent?". "Until good cops start turning in bad cops, we're going to consider all cops bad." Therefore, until good BLM protestors stop bad BLM protestors, we're going to consider all BLM protestors bad. The Yellow Turbans had it a lot worse, but they are still remembered as the bad guys (and almost every Dynasty Warriors starter stage) because of what you insist are just "a few bad eggs". Now, if your argument is that violence is acceptable when peaceful methods do not appear to be working... Well, I'll have to remember that for my purposes, then.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; September 5th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    See, there's a problem with that reasoning in that BLM protesters don't really have the vested authority to arrest those who misbehave in a protest, only to turn those people in to the police... which leads to criticism as them being hypocritical and undermines their position. Would you like them to vigilante themselves? They don't have a method of legally self-enforcing, really, and the police are unlikely to be kind to their reporting attempts.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; September 5th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And if you don't hold back, you have no right to complain when the other side doesn't either.
    So we should all choke out the cops and shoot them multiple times in the back when they're not doing anything objectionable?

What a surprising position from you.

Also, I'm really surprised to hear that 93% stat. I really shouldn't be since most of the coverage I see is either from the hard right newspaper we give out to customers at work, or LLL's authoritarianism fetish, but it's nice to hear. Still going to suck for all of you when that 7% scares everyone into re-eelcting Trump though.
    Last edited by Mattias; September 5th, 2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I mean if you're that worried about shopowners over people getting shot that really says a lot to be frank.
    I don't see how people getting shot is the shop owner's fault.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Siding with upstanding citizens over desperate (both meanings) rioters is "totally authoritarian" /end sarcasm
    People don't care about police brutality when they are experiencing brutality from people who claim to be against the police. Enemy of my enemy, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Like ghastly wraiths, misery loves company.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Right, because a bunch of looters hasn't ever been known to take the owners' lives in the proccess as well.

I guess that makes it okay if someone breaks in your house and steals all your stuff too, anyway, as long as you aren't killed.
    I'm still alive though? Like in that situation if I am in danger of getting killed my life is worth more than my belongings. Are you really this insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I mean if you guys decided that reading and understanding my words was too difficult you could have stopped posting you know. Instead of adding more dreck that is irrelevant to my point. Which is that looting in the US right now isn't the main thing to worry about, and harping on it like your lives depended on doing so just demonstrates an incredible lack of empathy and knowledge.
    Last edited by AAM1232; September 5th, 2020 at 09:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Now that it's 9/5, I just want to say that the Hong Kong protest probably fucked any chance of liberalization in China or Hong Kong for the next decade or so. Nothing against Joshua Wong and the likes, but they had literally no plan other than LegCo or hoping the US would somehow bring democracy which as funny as a middle easterner believing the US can bring peace to the middle east.

Even if Joshua Wong and his colleague got elected to LegCo so fucking what? LegCo is a puppet body, 80% of Hong Kong's food and water comes from the Mainland, they have no army. The power dynamic couldn't be more obvious.

The unfortunate truth is that to give Hong Kong the "freedom" they want, they must liberalize China first. The fact that they alienated much of the mainlanders spells their failure from the beginning.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; September 5th, 2020 at 08:44 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Now that it's 9/5, I just want to say that the Hong Kong protest probably fucked any chance of liberalization in China or Hong Kong for the next decade or so. Nothing against Joshua Wong and the likes, but they had literally no plan other than LegCo or hoping the US would somehow bring democracy which as funny as a middle easterner believing the US can bring peace to the middle east.

Even if Joshua Wong and his colleague got elected to LegCo so fucking what? LegCo is a puppet body, 80% of Hong Kong's food and water comes from the Mainland, they have no army. The power dynamic couldn't be more obvious.

The unfortunate truth is that to give Hong Kong the "freedom" they want, they must liberalization China first. The fact that they alienated much of the mainlanders spells their failure from the beginning.
    But that's just it. While Hong Kong by itself is weak, its survival is dependent on the actions of its allies, such as https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-t...%20citizenship. It's also the reason that until the CCP falls, Hong Kong will never know true freedom. Ditto with Tibet. And Xinjiang. Possibly Taiwan. Just as the currently obsolete UN was to the German-led Axis, there needs to be some similar organization against the current threat of communist China:

Huh, that may suffice.
    I mean if you guys decided that reading and understanding my words was too difficult you could have stopped posting you know. Instead of adding more dreck that is irrelevant to my point. Which is that looting in the US right now isn't the main thing to worry about, and harping on it like your lives depended on doing so just demonstrates an inceedible lack of empathy and knowledge.
    People get to decide what their own "problems" are. It's not your place to decide values for them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some people should also learn to read and understand what I'm saying rather than making up stuff to yell against.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So should you. So I'll simplify it for you:

As I mentioned before, despite having previous experience as a guard captain (cop), Cao Cao's actual military career started out by crushing the Yellow Turbans. Here he is recruiting the survivors. Now, if these remants persisted with their #resist nonsense, like Chen Gong did... Well, their shoulders would certainly feel lighter about it. Because they would be missing a burden around the same weight as a head.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm still alive though? Like in that situation if I am in danger of getting killed my life is worth more than my belongings. Are you really this insane?
    Are you? Because you are the one downplaying and excusing one crime just because it isn't quite as heinous as this other crime while still being quite heinous on its own, and then having the balls to throw a personal insult.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure that he already thinks both of us as "insane" for not licking boots with a hammer and sickle design on it.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmmm. This seems awfully tone deaf. This might actually turn the public opinion back to BLM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    But that's just it. While Hong Kong by itself is weak, its survival is dependent on the actions of its allies.... It's also the reason that until the CCP falls, Hong Kong will never know true freedom. Ditto with Tibet. And Xinjiang. Possibly Taiwan. Just as the currently obsolete UN was to the German-led Axis, there needs to be some similar organization against the current threat of communist China:
    Huh, that may suffice.

People get to decide what their own "problems" are. It's not your place to decide values for them.
    No, it's fucking not. The Umbrella Movement was a thing, I remember clearly back in 2014, a lot of mainlanders are sympathetic to the cause, also nothing close to the National Security Law was implemented. The difference is that Umbrella was not running on a platform that demonized Mainlanders.

Furthermore, if they had to protest, they can't just shout "democracy!" and hope for the best as if it means anything to the average mainlander. They have to run on platform that distinguishes CCP from "China", because that's the parties' tactic to legitimize themselves.

"To protest against the CCP is to protest against China itself"

This is the platform CCP runs on and they must break this illusion for mainlanders to have any success in their cause.

Then they must appeal to the merit of liberalization in the context of a China not heavy-handed by the CCP.

Yet they did nothing of such, they denounce "Chinese" as a common identity, they beat a few mainlanders up, called the polices military dogs, got some top posts in Reddit, then nothing.

BTW very little Hker will use the UK citizenship. The average HKer makes less than $30000 USD making travel almost an unfeasible expense, these same Hkers ain't fluent enough in English to survive US let alone UK. Also all their friends and family are here, not all of them hate CCP enough to leave.

The current situation is not just CCP being evil, but also the protestor's failure in seeing the bigger picture, this is a failure of their own fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Also protest won't work against CCP, you can't protest against a group of people who don't believe in the merit of protest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    While I agree with separating the concept of China and CCP (ditto with virus naming), I find it unlikely that the CCP will give up China without some kind of fight. For that purpose, Hong Kong obviously needs some form of help. Also, I was using the UK citizenship as an example. It obviously shouldn't be the only thing. Again, I too find it difficult for Hong Kong to maintain anything without some sort of influence of a bigger power. However, that power should not be the CCP. For example, when I was on the mainland, Google and the like were obviously blocked. However, I heard that, at the time, such restrictions were not applied to Hong Kong. However, with mainland CCP influence, it would. As for protest, it's not to send a message to the CCP. It's to send a message to the rest of the world.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are you? Because you are the one downplaying and excusing one crime just because it isn't quite as heinous as this other crime while still being quite heinous on its own, and then having the balls to throw a personal insult.
    I'm not sure how you can assume that looting is automatically worse than murder/manslaughter. Please, do explain this. As for excusing looting, I've not supported that here, so I don't know why you wish to lie about such things. I've just pointed out that it really isn't that bad compared to worse crimes, which you might have realised if you had read my posts and understood them rather than make up lies.