View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1395 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 395895129513451385139013931394139513961397140014051445 ... LastLast
Results 27,881 to 27,900 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    McConnell and Trump seem pretty serious about rigging the court in the face of the election. On the one hand, it's comforting to know they have no faith in their ability to legitimately win the votes of the American people. It says something about the majority of the country not being total idiots or scumbags. On the other, it's horrifying and disgusting.

To make matters worse, it's likely that the new Court will hear cases pertaining to mail-in voting before the election that have the potential to throw out any ballots not arriving before November 4th, as well as potentially upending the rights of State legislatures to determine voting procedures and State Supreme Courts to interpret them. Which, let's be honest, is going to be seen as a gateway excuse for legal challenges to the authority of States to make and interpret their own laws if it happens.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    McConnell and Trump seem pretty serious about rigging the court in the face of the election. On the one hand, it's comforting to know they have no faith in their ability to legitimately win the votes of the American people. It says something about the majority of the country not being total idiots or scumbags. On the other, it's horrifying and disgusting.

To make matters worse, it's likely that the new Court will hear cases pertaining to mail-in voting before the election that have the potential to throw out any ballots not arriving before November 4th, as well as potentially upending the rights of State legislatures to determine voting procedures and State Supreme Courts to interpret them. Which, let's be honest, is going to be seen as a gateway excuse for legal challenges to the authority of States to make and interpret their own laws if it happens.
    This is an uphill task right? I mean, people will get angry and riled up if this happens.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With the new member in, the US Supreme Court is set to look at the following:
    -The affordable healthcare act
    -Trump’s 2 major policies on immigration
    -If religious groups need to comply with policies in regards barring discrimination to same-sex couples

Blog Entries
    @rxrx: Yes? I'm just saying it opens up legal challenges to virtually any State law or Court decision by undermining their existing Constitutional authority to do so.

Conservatives are fine with this so long as they're in power. However, the Republican leadership is going to love this, same as they love the idea of States going bankrupt; since they've so thoroughly rigged the Courts through the decades, this has the potential to let corporations directly determine political policy through lawsuits.

Also, one Trump term? Universal Healthcare likely won't happen for a decade or more now, with the ACA looking near death.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; October 27th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Also, one Trump term? Universal Healthcare likely won't happen for a decade or more now, with the ACA looking near death.
    Conservatives over here in the UK voted to let kids starve over the winter holidays so I wouldn’t be surprised if the ones in the US do everything they can to make healthcare less affordable for those in need.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welp, as Twelve said, the only silver lining here is that Trump and his cronies fear the tide rising against them so much they want to have all guns blazing to smite it with the pen of the SC.
    Get a dark sense of pleasure that the Mango Mussolini sweats every day knowing those debts are piling higher and higher, waiting for him to leave office.

Blog Entries
    Well, yeah. I mean, this is the party that was having ICE forcibly sterilize refugee women at the border. The only ways you can really see this scenario as good are if you agree with them or you want another civil war over here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    The outlook seems bleak. Universal Healthcare is beneficial no matter how you look at it. The problem is with implementation and not the idea itself.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Among the 2, who accepted the least amount of money from China? And how did that money affect the actions of either candidate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Welp, as Twelve said, the only silver lining here is that Trump and his cronies fear the tide rising against them so much they want to have all guns blazing to smite it with the pen of the SC.
    Get a dark sense of pleasure that the Mango Mussolini sweats every day knowing those debts are piling higher and higher, waiting for him to leave office.
    This is honestly just incentive for him to try to bullshit a way to overstay his term limits. He's already made it clear he gives no fucks about the Constitution and its amendments beyond their utility as rhetorical ammunition.

He knows what's waiting for him. He knows he can pardon himself. But he also knows he's pissed off too many people for that pardon to be safe.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But compared to King Sager: https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2018/0...ek-king-sager/ and his obsession with Loose Clothing? https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2016/0...hing-slip-g20/ I'd like to think that Mango Mussolini is marginally better. Though, that's a terribly low bar to cross.

Blog Entries
    Let's just agree that the leadership of some of the most powerful nations on Earth should not be in those positions. Nor should the political machinery that put them there be a thing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    While the US "machinery" may be rusty, the Chinese machinery was bad from its onset. Now, whether you want to argue if that "onset" was during the rise of communism or since the dawn of time, both would be reasonable.

Blog Entries
    Actually, one thing Trump is proving is that ours was also bad from the outset. It's only operated as well as it has (and that's not all that well looking back on it) because those involved in its processes have been willing to not push it and pick apart its flaws. It literally runs on hope, dreams, decorum, momentum, and something resembling integrity.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    One of the worms crawling on this site once called me a "little pink". This is what happens to actual "little pinks" in actual Red dictatorships:

As an American, I don't need to worry about this because from what I know, no sites are banned, at least not in this way. Better dead than Red. Now, as for private media companies banning certain bits of news to influence the election in one way or another, well, that's another story.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...cientists-find

the thing that was a bad thing if it were to happen, happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries

See. Screw-up implies it being an unintentional mistake, rather than deliberate censorship. Russian boogeymen. LOL. I'd prefer to keep my eyes open for the 50 cent wolf warriors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...cientists-find

the thing that was a bad thing if it were to happen, happened
    Welp, I guess we earned our mass extinction. Nice knowing you, homo sapiens.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries

So is Biden lying or just that good at turning blind eyes?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Russian boogeymen. LOL. I'd prefer to keep my eyes open for the 50 cent wolf warriors.
    Really? Like China is bad, but at least their not currently trying to annex a neighbouting nation (Unless that India thing has really blown up and I haven't heard about it), poisoning critics outside of its borders, or actively sabotaging the US elections.

Sure China is fucking with the US elections, but they're only doing so in the same way most corporations are, so it's kind of your own fault giving them the means to do so.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.